Mlb Wildcards

Tea

• Forum MVP

Ok - Last week of the MLB season with 6 games to go, who is in and who is going to be making tee-times?

Boston is 2 games up on the Rays and 3 up on the Angels. Here is what's left for each team:

Boston @ NY - 2 game series

Boston @ BAL - 3 game series

Toronto @ TB - 3 game series

NY @ TB - 3 game series

Oakland @ LA - 3 game series

Texas @ LA - 3 game series

Atlanta is 2 games up on St. Louis. Here is what's left here:

ATL @ Wash - 3 game series

Pilly @ ATL - 3 game series

Cubs @ St. Louis - 3 game series

St. Louis @ Houston - 3 game series

I think Boston will back into the playoffs and then get throttled by the Tigers in the first round.

I think St. Louis is going to catch the Braves and either get in or there will be a 1-game playoff to decide the entrant and St. Louis will take it.

Anyone have a different opinion?

• Forum MVP

Ok - Last week of the MLB season with 6 games to go, who is in and who is going to be making tee-times?

Boston is 2 games up on the Rays and 3 up on the Angels. Here is what's left for each team:

Boston @ NY - 2 game series

Boston @ BAL - 3 game series

Toronto @ TB - 3 game series

NY @ TB - 3 game series

Oakland @ LA - 3 game series

Texas @ LA - 3 game series

Atlanta is 2 games up on St. Louis. Here is what's left here:

ATL @ Wash - 3 game series

Pilly @ ATL - 3 game series

Cubs @ St. Louis - 3 game series

St. Louis @ Houston - 3 game series

I think Boston will back into the playoffs and then get throttled by the Tigers in the first round.

I think St. Louis is going to catch the Braves and either get in or there will be a 1-game playoff to decide the entrant and St. Louis will take it.

Anyone have a different opinion?

I think you are probably right given the schedules. I am sure there is a lot of angst in Beantown right now, maybe they are setting themselves up for another Bucky Dent moment.

• Forum MVP

The Red Sox pitching is in dissaray, and Carl Crawford has played like a mutt all year. The Red Sox can thank the Yankees for taking care of the Rays 3 out of 4. I am rooting for the Cards to get in, for my buddies Koritz and Adcock, although I agree with Dave that their chances are slim. A month ago they looked done, so to even be talking about them having a shot at this point, is testimony to what a great manager Larussa is.

• Forum MVP

No way the Cards get in.

No way.

I like the Cubs along with a serious distaste for the Cards but have a feeling that the Braves are going to come from ahead and choke this away. I hope I am wrong........

too late for the worst collapse in history. But the r/s already own that title in 78 (?) when the Yanks caught the sox after a 14 game lead in late August. Luckily I was living in CT and following the Mets then.

<edit add>

oh boy......Bill Buckner - 86' Again, I was rooting for the Mets in Bucchas Pub in New Paltz.

This year's is nada in the worst category.

• Forum MVP

So here is where we stand as of Monday > It's gonna be a crazy finish:

Boston

1 game up on TB

3 Games left @ BAL

Tampa

1 game back of BOS

3 Games left @ Yanks

Atlanta

1 game up on Cardinals

3 games left at Philly

St. Louis

1 game behind Braves

3 games left at Houston

I'll stick with my original prognostication > Boston backs in, St. Louis comes from behind to ultimately stun the Braves (and Cub fans as well).

• Forum MVP

Boston has come from ahead to choke away a lead that should never should have been relinguished. If they can't solve Baltomore, it's going to be one of the longest off-seasons in quite awhile. What a mess in Beantown. New England has had a very bad week and it lokks like it might just get worse.

St. Louis couldn't capitalize on the Braves loss so they remain one behind with 2 to play.

At this rate, my prediction may be quite Constanza-esque. TB and ATL might just be your wildcard representatives for their respective leagues :mellow:

• Forum MVP

So now the Cardnals and Braves are tied with one regular game to go. I hope both teams win tonight and go head to head in St Louis Thursday. I would love to be in that city for that game...there might be more energy in the air than Saturday night at Grateful Fest.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Take me out to the ball game....

• Forum MVP

I kind of hope that Boston and St. Louis get in, at least those cities care. I think Tampa and Atlanta have already moved on to football.

+1. Tampa & ATL are weak sports towns. If they get in, their stadiums won't even sell out. The Saux and the Cards would both be tough tickets......Hopefully we get play-in's for Thursday!

• Forum MVP

Wow!

In terms of the regular season, one of the greatest nights, if not the greatest night, in the long, long history of Major League Baseball!

Doesn't really get worse for a Chi fan.

Packers win the SB and then the Brewers and the Cards get into the playoffs.

But what a night it was.

Wow is all I can say.

• Forum MVP

Wow!

In terms of the regular season, one of the greatest nights, if not the greatest night, in the long, long history of Major League Baseball!

It's baseball nights like that which lead to calling it "America's favorite sport".

Now we have a day or two to rest the starters and we start the playoffs including a couple hot teams that fought their way there in the last month. Hopefully the drama will continue with close games and even series. I certainly would like to see it end up with he Cardnals beating the Yankies and Albert signing next year's contract to celerbrate.

Peace, and Love,

Doc

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks.....

• Forum MVP

Wow!

Doesn't really get worse for a Chi fan.

Packers win the SB and then the Brewers and the Cards get into the playoffs.

But what a night it was.

Wow is all I can say.

WOW somehow doesn't even cover it although I can't think of a better word. My oh, my, oh my, oh my summertime has....come and gone my oh my!

Epic fail for the Saux and the Braves. What makes it even more epic is how it happened. Papelbon strikes out the 1st 2 batters in the 9th, only to blow the save with the GR double. And then Crawford can't make a play he should have made on the short-fly. Ball-game. Thanks for coming. :wacko:

All of this while the Rays come back from a 7-0 hole in the 8th to tie it. Later on a pinch batter with a .102 avergae goes yard with 2 outs and two strikes. Longoria then proceeds to put it in the seats. Ball game. Thanks for coming. :wacko:

Although Atlanta fans have already moved on, it's going to be a REALLY long off-season in Beantown. Welcome to Chicago Theo Epstein! :blink:

If the playoffs are even half as exciting, it's still going to be a barn-burner. I don't believe.....what I just saw!

it's going to be a REALLY long off-season in Beantown. Welcome to Chicago Theo Epstein! :blink:

Dear folks from New England,

It is now time to.

1. replace the screens in windows with storm-windows.

2. stack your cord wood (must be seasoned cus it's too late for green)

3. start jarring from the garden

First frost is a matter of weeks away, if not sooner. acorns are dropping from the oaks fast and furious, so we can anticipate a cold and snowy one.

Just my 2 cents worth of advice {spittoon}

Franknkeene

• Forum MVP

last night WAS the greatest nights in baseball this season. when speculation in spring training and the events from an entire season can culminate into that sort of climax... man, it doesn't get much better in the sports world. watching ti was great. i was getting a little dizzy going from channel to channel to channel.

im thinking a rematch of the 2009 world series. unfortunately, it will be the phils over the yankees in 6.

• Forum MVP

Burnett and Granderson were HUGE last night. AJ had a rough first inning but got into a groove after settling down. I'm sure I'm not the only Yankee fan who was really nervous about having Girardi start Burnett. Granderson though... with the glove and the bat. Two AMAZING catches.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. I think Nova has great stuff and enough in the tank to pull this victory out for us. Yanks are more than ready for the Rangers... and the Phils.

• Forum MVP

Burnett and Granderson were HUGE last night. AJ had a rough first inning but got into a groove after settling down. I'm sure I'm not the only Yankee fan who was really nervous about having Girardi start Burnett. Granderson though... with the glove and the bat. Two AMAZING catches.

Looking forward to tomorrow night. I think Nova has great stuff and enough in the tank to pull this victory out for us. Yanks are more than ready for the Rangers... and the Phils.

Other than Posada, the Yankees were flat out un-clutch - especially A-Fraud. Oh well, a turbulent off-season awaits the Yankess as well as the Red Saux.

Things could have been much different if Jeter had just a morsel more of mustard. It was this close:

mlb_g_kelly_b1_400.jpg

GO TIGERS > Bless You Boys! :cheers:

Archived