Mlb Wildcards

Tea

• Forum MVP

Cards keep on winning....1 to nothing over the Plillies tonight. Both Carpender and Halladay pitched great games.

Congrats...huge win.

The Cards deserve all the praise the way they've played this last month.

This just adds to their tradition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Cards. Way. Word.

One hell of a time with the tube last night. The boys of summer going into the fall...now if we can only get out of our 100 degree days here.

Damn Cardinals made it all the way to the series. I can't stand LaRussa, Carpenter and Molina, the rest are OK. Unfortunately, I am going to have to pick them to win in 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Unreal.

Amazing game last night! This is what makes baseball great. Timed sports cannot have that kind of drama, down to their last strike twice! It is a shame that nobody in the east saw it. I am glad there is a game 7 tonight on a Friday so everyone can watch.

• Forum MVP

Damn Cardinals made it all the way to the series. I can't stand LaRussa, Carpenter and Molina, the rest are OK. Unfortunately, I am going to have to pick them to win in 7.

That. Was. A. Game. Action, errors, extra innings, 7th game. High drama indeed.

I respectfully disagree with your choice of "unfortunately." I prefer "providentially." But what a series by any standard!

• Forum MVP

I was blown away by last night's game. great baseball to watch. goes to show you never can tell.

In a world series when I don't care for either team i just root for whatever team is losing at that moment until the games over. last night was a lot of fun. should be a great game 7 tonight!

• Forum MVP

Although it was a sloppily played game early, the sheer drama that developed late in that game certainly makes it one for the ages. Down to their last strike twice, coming back from 2 runs down twice, and a hometown kid tying the game, and then winning it. You can't make that stuff up. Historical for sure.

Don't get me wrong I love football, and I know that some say that football has replaced baseball as our national pastime, but last night proved why baseball is still the game that most Americans treasure.

I think destiny is on the Cards side, it has been since August. Carpenter has basically been unhitable at Busch this post- season. I think the Cards get it done tonight.

Have fun at Game 7 Bryan and Rob. Don't ya just love a parade??

I hope the DSO duo from St. Louis, Dino and Rob, were watching Game 6 of the World Series last night.

This has been an EPIC World Series!!!!!

GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If that's not the best postseason game of all time, I don't know what could top it. That was unbelievable," Berkman said.

Gravely wounded in late July and presumed dead in late August, the Cardinals found yet more life on a chilly night when they committed as many errors as they produced hits through seven innings. They prolonged a season when most of the evening screamed it was time to go. They did so by becoming the first team in World Series history to score in the eighth, ninth, 10th and 11th innings.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball/professional/article_66cbad54-012e-11e1-931e-001a4bcf6878.html

The craziest most exciting game I have ever seen. Happy to say I will be in the ballpark tonight. I'm pretty sure Bryan will be there too. GO CARDS!!!!!

Right On, Rob!!!!

Maybe I'll see you at Busch tonight??!!!

I'll be soaking in the World Series vibe ticketless.

• Forum MVP

I respectfully disagree with your choice of "unfortunately." I prefer "providentially." But what a series by any standard!

The funny thing is how Brad wrote that almost ten days ago!

This would be a really nice call but HOPEFULLY, it won't come true.

Although, I have to say, it's very close to impossible to believe Texas could win a game 7 after what happened last night.

• Forum MVP

And who wants to see Rick Perry gloating!!!!!!

that game last night was almost as good as game 6 1986 series Mets vs Redsox

I'd take W over Perry any day of the week, he announced he will no longer participate in the debate proccess...

LI boy, figured you for a mets fan, I hope you did the standard, and picked the jets, at least...

• Forum MVP

WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS !

The Cardinals have shown us the greatest couple months of baseball in all time coming from ten and a half games out of the playoff in late August to last nights final out and celebration.

Wonderful seeing all the children on top the players sholders after the game during the interviews.

Peace, Love, Baseball , Green Outfields, and High Flying Redbirds

Doc

• Forum MVP

Phillies should've lost game 162 to the Braves. We let the Cardinals complete their epic comeback to make the playoffs. Then we get out aced by Carpenter in game 5. Then the Cardinals win our World Series. It wasn't nearly as fun to be a Phillies fan when we sucked, but it may have been easier. Failing to meet expectations is disheartening. Congratulations Cards. Enjoy it.

When does the Pujols sweepstakes officially begin?

Archived