New speedway boogie

Drums space

Cryptical jam - dear mr fantasy

The wheel

She's an artist

Sugar mag

The weight

Elective

Best I can recollect - packed house, think it sold out - way to go DSO!!! High energy show....

• Forum MVP

Might as well

Mingle wood blues

Ramble on rosé

Cassidy

To lay me down

The race is on

Positively 4th st.

Hey poky way

Help - slip - franklins

Estimated

New speedway boogie

Drums space

Cryptical jam - dear mr fantasy

The wheel

She's an artist

Sugar mag

The weight

Elective

Best I can recollect - packed house, think it sold out - way to go DSO!!! High energy show....

shes an artist is Dylans She Belongs to Me

went to your show in Richmond Thursday night...all I can say is WOW!! (what got into Jeff, his burndown at the end of Deal was unbelievable...)...I bet the Peel was rockin too, have seen you there a couple of times as well....these clubs you play in are just fantastic, I know the crowds are getting so big, but every show I have been to, everyone seems to look after each other so it works...I live in Charlotte, tell everyone to be careful tonight, the weather is gonna be dicey, the Fillmore is such a great place to see a show...living here, I cant tell you how much we appreciate you always making a run through the Carolinas/VA, my favorite venue is Greenfield in Wilmington during the summer, the early curfew kind of stinks, but you always start a little earlier there, summerime outside down there is just so cool, hope you guys like playing there...finally just want to thank you for being the professionals you are, for always making a swing through our area when you tour, & keeping the music alive!!!   see you next time thru...if you don't already know, your are huge with us down south!!

• Forum MVP

Thanks Rob, that's what I get for typing while I sing... Most crowded I've ever seen the peel. This was such a fun show. Rockin outta the gate with might as well into minglewood and rb just wearing out the keys. First set highlight was to lay me down. Jeff just melted the crowd with his warm vocals and flourishing riffs. 4 th st and poky way were a a killer end to a smokin set. Help slip franklins was shot out of a cannon and trust me the wood floor was bouncing while we were Rollin away the dew. Wicked estimated into a really cool drum session that included some cosmic shit I can't describe. Dear mr fantasy is a crowd pleaser and they did not disappoint. Played on the slower side just the way I like it. A gorgeous and mind tingling transition into the wheel, a personal favorite. She belongs to me, as with positively 4th was done so well by Jeff and with dripping emotion. Sugar mag brings down the house with Kevin dropping some massive and continuous bombs. The weight was a beautiful closer with everyone taking a turn singing, including Kevin. Good time. Looking forward to my home show tonight.

Ps: tea for Texas was flailing last night.....

• Forum MVP

What a great show this was for me - and I could tell the same for many others in attendance. The Peel was as packed as I have had ever seen it which means there were many who made sure they didn't miss something special.

The might as well to start was a perfect song to set the pace. Since Lisa was out I was figuring 70-71 or 79-91 to be the eras of choice. The MAW, opener suggested to me 1976 or an original. The vibe from the first word was that the band was going to be in full control and they were gonna be takin us places this nite. Very spirited with that extra note in just the right places. Minglewood had a raunchy flavor punctuated by some great slide and some amazing drums. Samson-esque beats and crazy key work from RB just drove this mother home verse after verse. A 76 was stll in play. The Ramble on that followed kept the year alive. The crests on this tune were tidal. They crashed down with great sonic force only to ebb before the next one came in. Eaton played very well off of Jeff on this one.

Cassidy seemed to build the case for 76 although this was not your daddy's Cassidy from that era. When they embarked on the jam to usher the flight of the seabird, it seemed innocent enough. Then it broke into something decidedly less Cassidy and more....well....more....hyper-Cassidy. That flourish at the end might as well had been Viola Lee for Christ sakes. It proceeded to perfectly downshift into a perfect tone and cadence to finish out. That was my highlight until To Lay me Down. I mean wow!! More movement and Mannerisms by Jeff fuller enunciations with the lyrics and a deliberate pace sent me reeling. So very sweet yet with raw power was a very moving combination. I though more and more about an original and the race is on coupled with the positively 4th st confirmed it.

The 4th st and TLMD were the highlights among highlights for me. So much passion, so much power, yet it flowed like river. Hey Pockey Way reached critical mass thanks to RB. Damn near screaming in to the mic to urgently remind us to feel good music in our soul. Mission freaking accomplished!!! Setbreak. Whew.

H-S-F. Great outta the gate! That floor was moving in time with smiles all around. The Slipknot was simply spellbinding! Melodic tones turned to darker ones and it snaked its way back and forth, up and down, inside and out before tying back to its origins from the end if Help. Franklins just blew up the dance floor! It took off and waited for no one. The drummers drove, the bass and rhythm strongly framed and Jeff just filled it all in. A masterpiece from my perspective.

A funky Estimated simply shined - you know I'm gonna SHINE! A quicker trip than I wanted but it still explored like Estimated needs to.

A driving Speedway lit up the nite. Everything in unison! Each member seemed to know what the other was going to play before it was expressed. The result was a very tight cautionary tale where everyone finished each others sentences.

Drums > Space sent me scrambling for cover and a much-needed breather.

It took a good bit before Eaton joined the group which gave some extra time to explore. I thought I heard the harpsichord tones of China Doll but they soon drifted away. Then darker other one/Cryptical hues filled in. Then just like that were wiped away. What came next was the opening riffs of Fantasy at about 3/4 tempo. It puzzled me for a sec until I realized that RB was going to wring every last drop outta this one. BOOM! So hard to describe.....I caught a fleeting glimpse, out of the corner my eye. I mean I was THERE! It's the place where we all want to go and never leave. There were other places to visit so the band wound they're way here and there and eased into the Wheel! Just....exactly....perfect! She Belongs to Me was a welcome surprise for me since I thought 4th st would be the signature Dylan offering for the evening...nope. Jeff kept urging us to understand what it was like to know this woman and how special it is just to be in her midst. Again - the vibe of the night: Sweetness with dangerous power! Eaton dispatched with sweetness on Sugar Mags to close. Freaking liftoff! Battered around sonically before Kevin brought in the big guns. They joined his assault and just blew the place up. I was found amongst the rubble amazingly unhurt and sadistically wanting them to try and finish me off, ok > maybe next time :)

The Weight was a great way for them to say goodbye and until next time. Thank goodness for me Charlotte was still to come. Good friends, Big Smiles. What a night!

Archived