Is it Rude to tell talkers to shut up?

• Forum MVP

There's something, maybe a lot, to be said about dancing with other people. Like the band members communicate musically to each other we do in movement. Not trying to put you or your ways down, Velvet, so don't get your panties in a ruffle over it :o

you don't know anything about my panties, star child, so I will tell you that there are no current ruffles and never could be from any comment/action from you.  bs aside,

I TOTALLY AGREE that what the dancers do is similar to what the band is doing, communicating, transmuting, etc. Dancing with people is something I have only been getting used to for the last couple years but as I said above, it has become a treasured experience and is even something I get to experience up front now because so many people know me and where I stand and when they want a song in front, there I am to provide.  

can't wait to spin a lil w ya at the end of the month!  

CHUCKLES, HOPE THAT PONDERING PAYS OFF

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I find it important to interact with other dancer's from time to time, but I find it most important for me to reach spiritual bliss where I feel I can really spread my wings without any concern or fear of bumping into anyone. This can be done in a group or alone. Quite often its just Chuck and a few friends. Unfortunately, spaces like these can't be found at all venues. If you think the band doesn't see beyond the front row, your sadly mistaken. They can see you expressing yourself anywhere. Towards the back in a group sometime the movements can't be single out to an individual, but I want the band to feel me collectively with the group, not individually as an ego.

My ego is large enough.

• Forum MVP

I thought about throwing my panties up to Barraco during Jubilee:}!!!hahaha

Been up front and got lucky and got back stage at a show in Pine Knob.   That was early years when I was younger, less dance energy, and smaller frame.

Now, getting up front is of my least desire, back stage would geek me out, and my arm spand is about 6'5 feet, and I spread those wings when the music starts.   There is no way in hell I would have any sort of room to fully enjoy the music if I was up close.   Just too many people at the venues--even Jubilee.

I have heard the terms flailing and spinning.  I am pretty sure I consider myself a spinner,  but I think I got a good amount of flailing mixed in, and once the running and jumping starts-----its just to hard to find any of that space on bottom floors, front stages, or near the bars.

Usually find myself furthurest from the music with less sound quality, just so my body and mind can fully enjoy the production.  

Drunk Bumps are the worse, cause they usually spill their beer where I am dancing:{   Mocking or "fake" dancers get very annoying.  The ones that come up and start dancing with you cause they either think you look funny or take up to much space-----or the ones so goofy that they are having fun dancing with you even when you are obviously enjoying the music in your own world.  

-----One very large short women at this past show in Wilmington started dancing with me, and hip bumping be with so much force she was knocking me around.  Than she jumped bumped me front side with her front side and nearly knocked me on my ass.   Was funny, but if my eyes were closed, she could of really fucked me up.  She could not keep up but for a quarter song, but still, thats a quarter song I had to focus on something else:{

Love dancing with other dancers.   You guys keep the floor space more open, and there is always positve energy to be fed from those loving the music.   I rarely ever bump into any of you dancing guys and gals, and if I do, you get it, so its usually a smile, sorry, not a long excuse me, and back to dancing:}!!!!

• Forum MVP

Dancing is how we find each other. I found Gabriel from us both dancing so hard in front amongst talkers. I found all of you in similar ways. Front or back, alone or in a group, what the dancers/spinners/flailers do is of the utmost importance. Be the change u wanna see n all that

oh my god,NO!   It is so rude of the talkers to talk during Stella Blue or China Doll, etc...   I do know, however, that the problem is not easy to solve.     .....this topic is my biggest pet-peeve on planet earth.

consider yourself (biggest pet peeve) lucky

• Forum MVP

I know yelling can beget more yelling but There's always.....Oh my God! I'm totally freaking out! Flash crazed eyes and plead for help. That's caused a few to relocate a time or 2.

• Forum MVP

T, I got this crazy look down, and then I stick my tounge out, and when I am really dancing and dehydrated I start foaming at the mouth:}!!!   I like the crazy routine!!!    Funny, it comes pretty natural:}!!!!    Acoustic spin set soon-----wife coming along for the ride!!  Wish me luck that I dont eat my words and be forced to be a talker during the music.   Irony is a force that runs through me often.....

• Forum MVP

oh my god,NO!   It is so rude of the talkers to talk during Stella Blue or China Doll, etc...   I do know, however, that the problem is not easy to solve.     .....this topic is my biggest pet-peeve on planet earth.

consider yourself (biggest pet peeve) lucky

Hopefully we are all lucky!!!!    My biggest pet is amber.   She is about 100lbs.   When I actually make it to a show, that is my biggest worry too------dance room and talkers. 

I realize I am so egocentric, that I really do not appreciate "you" at a show, unless your there to dig it like I do.    Hmmm.......my second biggest animail is that ego.  Half my weight, and all in my head.   Peace and love at all shows, but love only shines because of the other side of hate, and I hate talkers, so I express the balance of love by expressing discontent with those not in the groove.   What?    Selfless in most other areas in life!!! But when it comes to this music.......I am a bitch!!!!  

Except in some Northern Venues.  One of my best friends(just met him) at a Philly show was a talking meat head!!!!   Yea.....I bought him a drink, and he made sure any dancing bumps I made was OK....if you no what I mean:}!!!!   To funny......bribing brusiers to keep my dance space clean and free:}!!!  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Its my life and I'll do what I want, where I want. :rofl:

That is certainly the attitude I find at too many shows.  I guess there is a difference between purveyors of live music and the cocktail-party crowd.  Not only is it totally annoying, but these flakes have no idea what they're missing.

Oh well.  Here's the cure:

s.gif

shut-up-and-dance.png

• Forum MVP

A big prop above!!!!

Shut the fuck up and dance:}!!!!!   If not dance, zone into the music.  I too at times take a break from the spins, but I be damned if I am going to ruin someone else's show by talking over the music!!!!!!!

Many spend to much money, time, and energies to see these productions!!!!!    

Would you like it if someone was talking over the preacher at your wedding?     Many here are married to this music, and we just don't like it when people interrupt our church!!!!

The only thing about "its my life I will do what I want when I want"......I agree, as long as what you do does not infringe on my own personal rights and freedoms!!!     When that line is crossed, you become an ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I will usually let you know about it:}!!!!!!!!!   

• 2 weeks later...

no- it is not. I've had some really bad experiences with talkers- everyone says you should just move and find a different spot- but guess what! I staked out my spot so I can hear and see the best- so why should I have to move? and try to find another good spot when its a sold out show- impossible! I haven't been to a show in almost a year because I got so pissed off at "talkers"- I cherish live shows- they are playing their hearts out to you- the least you can do is show some respect and shut the fuck up!   DSO is coming soon so im gonna try this again, and by the way I find that most of the talkers are the young ones (usually drunk and very obnoxious) if this does not work out again then fuck it ----i'll stay home and crank up the dvd's!

Archived