Happy Birthday Bob

jamminOnThe1

Happy 66th, Bobby!   Some of my favorite tunes of his would definitely be Desolation Row, Big Iron, WRS, Throwing Stones, and quite a few others.  He always gave new life to Dylan songs, and Barlow's lyrics seemed tailor made for him.

• Forum MVP

Don't hate, but I dig Corrina!

Won't hate.  I saw this song get taken some interesting places (3.10.93 ~ Corina > MLB Jam) & (3.9.92 ~ Corina > Dark Star) and a fair-share of trainwrecks (6.25.94).  Actually, some of the better versions of this wretched song came from Ratdog.

• Forum MVP

Black throated wind, hands down. Looks like rain and masterpiece rank right up there for me.

Happy birthday Bobby! Thanks for switching from short-shorts and tennis shoes to dungarees and Birkenstocks. No way at 66 would those shorts constrain old saggy balls.

• Forum MVP

I would still dig Bobby b-day boy in daisy dukes.   So what if a sag slips out:}!!!

Jackstraw---yep   the biggest yep!!

Masterpiece, makes me jump and spin for joy!!!

Desolation Row----a song both me and a passed family member really cherished!!!  The circus is in town, and Bobby helped me understand that meaning well:}!!!!!!!

WRS----------I am so thankful I got to see Furthur play that at locken!!!!!!       That was my highlight, its actually a song I have been getting into very much. 

His Bobby McGee's always gives me chills.   BLK throated wind......damn....that is some serious words that I have related to very well over the years.

As I think about it, I like most of all Bobby songs------except Corina and Picasso Moon!!!!!!!

Funny,,, I always saw Jerry as the Father, and Bobby like my brother!!!   But I guess that's we all often refer to "them" and "this"  as family, cause we see them so close to our hearts.

Thanks for the many years of dedication and enjoyment.   Take care of yourself Bobby!!!!  We love you:}  Remember I never teased anyone I did not like:}!!!!!!

Archived