Roll Call > 930 Club

Tea

• Forum MVP

I told myself I wouldn't go back (for reasons that are mostly my own) but my show-going options have been so limited, I'd better give it another shot.  So....who's in for the tour-ending stop in our nations capitol?

• Forum MVP

I've told myself the same thing, for possibly some off the same reasons. Circumstances have forced me to keep my word, so I'm out. So please take up a few extra square inches for me out there on the floor or up in the bleachers and dance big!

• Forum MVP

The venue sucks about as bad as any one can - that's for sure.  The sound is primo!  The layout suggests that all they really care about is cramming as many people as they can in there and hope they all buy too much alcohol.  I call it 'Club Oversold'  and it creates more than a few impediments when trying to enjoy the music like we all like to.  That said, I need anything I can get at this point.  You just have to carve out some space and look to move if you get stuck behind the cocktail chatty crowd.  I'll have to live with the 'sing along with the band' contingent - they are almost impossible to avoid.

I'll roll the dice.......Just have to dig out my SHUT the F*CK UP AND DANCE shirt.

• Forum MVP

The venue sucks about as bad as any one can - that's for sure.  The sound is primo!  The layout suggests that all they really care about is cramming as many people as they can in there and hope they all buy too much alcohol.  I call it 'Club Oversold'  and it creates more than a few impediments when trying to enjoy the music like we all like to.  That said, I need anything I can get at this point.  You just have to carve out some space and look to move if you get stuck behind the cocktail chatty crowd.  I'll have to live with the 'sing along with the band' contingent - they are almost impossible to avoid.

I'll roll the dice.......Just have to dig out my SHUT the F*CK UP AND DANCE shirt.

Hop on the bus and do the new years run tea.  The Mrs. wont care. 

• Advisory Board

For the first time ever, I don't live anywhere near the 930 club.. and THAT, I am thankful for!!

Fuck that place!!! One of my most hated venues that they play at... Sucks the new fillmore isn't that far away from there, but from what I understand, DSO can't play there due to promotors crossing the streams...

Best of luck to those of you who are going... I for one, will never step foot in that place again...

• Forum MVP

How many people does this venue hold (or I guess I should ask how many do they let in)?

The place says capacity is 1,200.  If that figure is correct, the unofficial capacity is about 800 and they let in 1,500.  For some strange reason, Billboard awarded the 930 club the 'Top Club' in the US from 2007 - 2012.  If the ranking uses the following criteria then they win by a landslide:

1.  Drunken Fratboys spill beer on the other patrons and think it's funny

2.  There is no space to move

3.  The floor gets very sticky

4.  Security will shine a flashlight in your eyes for doing nothing at all

5.  The patrons LOOOVVVVEEEE to sing along with the band - LOUDLY!

6.  The sound is tight

7.  You find yourself saying "sorry" about 76 times for bumping into others

8.  Impossible to get a drink unless the clause in #11 is met

9.  People love to loudly chat with each other about the chick they banged or how fucked up they got the other night

10.  The absurd patron banter will reach it's peak when Morning Dew is cresting or during all of Mission in the Rain

11.  It is nearly impossible to catch a cab after the show unless you have a female companion willing to "flash it" for the cabbie 

Here's to billboard dropping the 930 from the ranks of the 'top club' due to all of the critria not being met this year - except for the sound of course. 

I'm still going despite all this garbage....... it's DSO after all!  Furthermore, when contemplating my alternate plans for Friday and Saturday nite, there really is no contest here.  We're just gonna try to keep a group together and build some space.  I'm ready for the challenge :)

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

Make it so, Tea. I hope for everyone's sake there is never, ever a repetition of the event there that will live in infamy. It made the news and while in a way it wasn't the miscreant's fault it should be grounds to place that hell hole at the bottom of Billboard's poll in perpetuity.

• Forum MVP

Make it so, Tea. I hope for everyone's sake there is never, ever a repetition of the event there that will live in infamy. It made the news and while in a way it wasn't the miscreant's fault it should be grounds to place that hell hole at the bottom of Billboard's poll in perpetuity.

For those of you that don't know what Chuck is referring to (November 2008):

Edited to protect the innocent. 

• Forum MVP

Would love to......take that ride again....AGAINNNNNNNNN!

Not in the cards this time.  If I did - once I got back, my key to the front door would not work for some reason.  Not ready to ring in the New Year that way. 

• Forum MVP

Would love to......take that ride again....AGAINNNNNNNNN!

Not in the cards this time.  If I did - once I got back, my key to the front door would not work for some reason.  Not ready to ring in the New Year that way. 

Arent you the age that men usually upgrade to a newer younger model anyway? :P

I just decided I'm on board for the tour closer. 10$ ticket processing fee on ticketfly, ouch. Should I try to buy at doors? sounds like they oversell this place, but if they do it consistently should I take the chance if it's always packed? Plus you can purchase parking for 12$, anybody know DC and know if this is worth grabbing?

I live a 30 minute walk from the venue so I'm pretty familiar with the area. You can park there. Outside a Wells Fargo right by 930 club is not a zones parking area, meaning you can park there as long as you want without being a resident. It isn't the best neighborhood but honestly its gotten a lot better from what I understand.

sage advice, always better safe than sorry.

stretchin these pay checks like rubbber bands.

Hopefully we will be able to carve out a good space like mike said, show some of these dc's heads how weird we like to get. Hope I get to meet both mike and tea here, both seem like good dudes from what I've read.

never seen a tour closer before, gonna be worth it.  :dsorocks:

Archived