WTF........ Did you do today?

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

Booked the KoA Asheville east today. BOOYAH. My summer tour is officially completely booked and paid for. Seems like our friends are tired of hearing about the good times and are slowly deciding to join us!!!! Asheville is such a perfect weekend excursion to bring a group :).

• Forum MVP

worked, drank, worked, drank,. worked a lot more, drank.   Got a email.....going to DC next week for follow up one on one interview!!   HAHAHAHA.........You going to miss me when I am gone.  Its always nice to be around those crazier than yourself, it helps with knowing your normal!!!!!!  

Now....going to go to work, packed up all my precious personals this morning!!!  Materials mean nothing, its the sentiments of letters, pictures, and gift keeps that really mean the most!!!  Can take everything away from me, but never the memories!!!!   Rich men have died poor, but their legacies of those they touch prove to be the most grand!!!

Well wishes to you all out in DSO land:}   Life is fluid, flow where it takes you!!!  Roots have no strength against the river that row, row, rows!!!

• Forum MVP

It wasn't today, it wasn't even yesterday....but on Wednesday Night I went a saw Stu Allen and Mars Hotel. Jerry Band night with the ladies from Melvin's band as well as the bass player. Steve Sofranko on Keys and Sean Nelson on drums.

and it went like this

How Sweet it Is, Stop That Train, You Never Can Tell, Positively 4th
Street, Money Honey, Sisters and Brothers>That's Alright Mamma. Some 75
minutes.

Get Out of My Life Woman, The Way You Do the Things You Do (New Potato
Caboose quote), Ain't No Bread in the Breadbox, Russian Lullaby,
Mystery Train, Mississippi Moon, Tangled Up in Blue. Some 90 minutes.
Encore: Crazy Love.

Decent first set. Stop that Train and C'est La Vie were my highlights. Second set was very strong. Stu came out at the beginning and told the story of meeting Melvin for the first time and playing his first gig with him, exactly 10 years ago to the day. Stu said he didn't remember the setlist except that the first song was Get out of My Life. And this version was great. Dance floor got some action going on....Berkeley style. Which isn't always a good thing. TWYDTTYD was very special and got very spacey during the one jam, to the point where one could forget what song it was. Ala 90s JGB. Russian Lullaby...my favorite song in the world(okay, Dark Star and Eyes don't count...)...Hearing those opening notes always elicits a moment of confusion til I realize exactly what it is that I'm hearing. Stu took a nice solo that opened up into the Piano segment. Nice playing by Steve, took at least 2 maybe 3 go rounds. And then bass solo, which was mind blowing, unlike any other i've heard on this tune. Homeboy was just shredding it, playing much better than I had previous thought possible. Good shit. Stu wrapped it up and the crowd went nuts....okay, not really. But I did. Mississippi Moon was also fantastic, love these slow numbers. Crazy Love was a great encore, a good end to a good night.

Tonight I'm dancing to the Jerry and the Boys....don't know what year yet...

• Forum MVP

June 15th I caught the JK Band. It went like this

Harder they come

Forgotten

Mighty High

The Business

What's of the Deal

Liquid Silver (tones of Scarlet Begonias and into NFA overtones later in the song)

River Run

Gonna Get It Right This Time

Any Road

The Wedge

Fire on the Mountain

Any Road

Desert Trance

Drums.... The bongo player really enjoyed the crowd.)

Dark Star

So Many Roads.............

..... Hunger took over and we went for FF with sriracha

• Forum MVP

Night with friends of the family. Fire-pit, s'mores , kids catching fireflies, cold beer , belly laughs , Alpine 89. Good times after a week to otherwise forget.

• Forum MVP

June 15th I caught the JK Band. It went like this

Harder they come

Forgotten

Mighty High

The Business

What's of the Deal

Liquid Silver (tones of Scarlet Begonias and into NFA overtones later in the song)

River Run

Gonna Get It Right This Time

Any Road

The Wedge

Fire on the Mountain

Any Road

Desert Trance

Drums.... The bongo player really enjoyed the crowd.)

Dark Star

So Many Roads.............

..... Hunger took over and we went for FF with sriracha

I believe "the bongo player" is JK's wife ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived