Summer Tour....

Tea

• Forum MVP

The scheduling of DSO doing something such as JGB shows is often a function of the availability of certain band members. Perhaps not always, but it frequently is a determining factor. That may be the case in this instance.

Indeed. Sounds like a wedding in Rob's family.  I'd never heard of them doing JGB.  But now I know.  I can't say I'm not bummed, though.  Seeing them do Jerry songs is one thing, but JGB is entirely another.  Sigh.

• Forum MVP

I think you should have done your homework a little more in regards to research when it comes to this festival....

call the venue and explain your situation .... in a polite tone ask for a refund .....  if not .... come on expand the horizon of your 7 year old son...

I think complaining on this board is going to get you .... well .... nowhere....

FYI - they will knock out the JGB stuff both nights ..... I will be attending the Utica show and am super excited about the JGB stuff ..

ALSO - I would bet that within the 2 nights at Jay's many a Grateful Dead song will be peppered into the line-up .. as well as some other hidden gems ...

you can take my words for a positive ... or you can tell me to go F* myself ..... but the latter will do you no good ...

peace ....

• Forum MVP

It has been pre-scheduled a few times in the past (a great recreation a few years ago at the Werk Out of a classic JGB show) and necessity has dictated it on rare impromptu occasions. A show at St Louis a while back comes to mind as an example of the latter situation. The show must go on.

• Forum MVP

Id love a JGB.  When I first got into DSO, I just wanted 76-79.  After several shows, I am craving variety.  A JGB  sounds heavenly, even though I understand that if you are taking a 1st timer or someone is a 1st timer, a rocker 77 show cant really be beat.  I had this streak of 5-6 shows of taking a 1st timer and only getting 76-77.  But the band gives you what you need to hear whether you know it or not :)

• Forum MVP

now I'm not looking forward to it.  I just don't like JGB. I fell asleep the 2 times I saw them perform live (when I was in my teens & 20s).  There's no way I'd stay up for JGB covers now that I'm in my 40s.

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

• Forum MVP

Different strokes...

Exactly:

61390054.jpg

I've had my fun :)

I know you were really looking forward to seeing DSO being who they are most of the time - I get it.  JGB is your kryptonite.  Give it the college try and maybe you'll dig its gospelness.  Keep an open mind and have a good time!  By the way - big props to you for getting your 7-yr old into this music!  Pass that torch....

Maybe the band will also kindly 'warn' us before the next Terrapin Nation show(s).

• Forum MVP

But the band gives you what you need to hear whether you know it or not :).

How fifth dimensional of you!

and if u slam your finger with a hammer but look at it right u feel no pain?

Everyone knows pain is in your mind.

Archived