RIP David Bowie

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

Wow. Just released a new album. Lost long battle with cancer. I don't listen to a lot of music that jerry isn't playing but I appreciate and enjoy many of bowie's songs. If I was more well versed in bowie, I bet I would appreciate even more of his music. The world definitely just lost a musical icon. I'm sure his music touched the lives of several on here.

• Forum MVP

Sad to hear, didn't know he was that sick. He was definitely one that played what he wanted to play and you could take it or leave it. So many different phases to his career and different styles. He certainly influenced a lot of people and other artists. I'll be listening today.

• Forum MVP

Sorry to hear this - a trend-setter and a genius to boot.

His son Duncan & I went to the same college - kid was brilliant! I got to meet Bowie at graduation - Nice guy, seemed pretty humble to me.

{{{RIP David Bowie}}}

• Forum MVP

honestly, there's no words that can do him justice. maybe my third or fourth favorite singer/songwriter. his catalog is brilliant. so many different periods just like the dead. space oddity, man who sold the world, hunky dory, ziggy stardust, Aladdin sane, diamond dogs, heroes, lodger, low, scary monsters, let's dance, young Americans, station to station... every single one of those albums is great. even his later stuff like reality, the next day are awesome. his music and words will live on forever.

oddly enough, he was my first concert experience in December of 2003. the starman certainly blew my mind.

• Forum MVP

So some years ago at BobbyMcgee 21st birthday party we all stayed together in a rented place by Solano Beach for the DSO shows.  This was during the Stu tour.  A friend rented the place from a guy that called himself Bahama Bob (name changed).  We soon discovered that the owner of the place we were staying (Bob's) was a huge David Bowie fan.  He had videos and photos of himself performing Bowie karaoke and several items of costumes throughout the house.  I borrowed a hat for one show.  The photos included this dude decked out like Ziggy Stardust.  I bet Bob's reeling from the news.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived