Mishawaka 6/30/16

Tom Banjo

• Forum MVP

Acoustic original first set.

2nd set

2/12/69. Hands down best show I've seen since cleveland. Makes me sad I missed so much of this run. They definitely had go be hitting on all cylinders before they got here.

• Forum MVP

Providence was great too but last night other level shit. DancinFool would've been a dancing fool.

They were so tight yet loose. Tremendous synchronicity. One organism made up of distinct integrally connected parts.

Jeff cried during death don't. He dedicated it to Rob Wasserman. It was moving.

a couple corrections to the setlist posted...

Deep Elem Blues preceded Ripple to end the first set, and the second set began with Dupree's Diamond Blues and Mountains of the Moon before Darkstar, featuring Jeff on acoustic.

First set had some technical issues at the start but finished strongly with highlights including Box of Rain, I'm a Hog for ya baby, Rosalie McFall and Big Boy Pete.

Second set was pure bliss, Skip was so superb and the bass tone was just perfect.  I have been lucky enough to have seen 3 60's shows here in CO in the last two years, and last night may have been my most favorite.  So so good!

• Forum MVP

Acoustic original first set.

2nd set

2/12/69. Hands down best show I've seen since cleveland. Makes me sad I missed so much of this run. They definitely had go be hitting on all cylinders before they got here.

Can confirm even though Peoria...my only chance is probably weakest setlist...I really danced hard

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

I like 68 to 71 dead. And 76 to 78 dead better than all the material. I give a pretty honest assessment of what I think are quality shows even when not my preferred era. I think a 69 done right has the most powerful experiences for me right now when dso plays them.

• Forum MVP

I love accoustic dead....when I'm sitting on my couch. I want to jam live and need the drums turned up. 3 set shows are great. I love the contrast. But I don't want an all accoustic personally. I liked seeing DSO talking to the crowd in Bloomington. That was fun and unique. Unique is good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I got a awesome acoustic showat the Hamilton. I found out, I could dance just as hard to acoustic as electric. Plus you get some quality songs you never hear played electric. Gomorrah to mention one!!

Finding the music through dance, electric or acoustic takes practice;)!! I am sure you will get there one day!!

Archived