Baseball

bs69

• Forum MVP

Time for another season of the national pastime. Here are my picks for this year:

NL

East: Nationals

Central: Cubs

West: Dodgers

WC1: Brewers

WC2: Diamondbacks

AL

East: Yankees

Central: Indians

West: Astros

WC1: Red Sox

WC2: Angels

• Forum MVP

I love baseball but this is the least I've followed pro sports in my adult life.....weird.  Here's what popped into my head:

NL

East:        NATS (man, that division looks like actual dog food)

Central:   BREWERS

West:       DODGERS

WC:          TWINS, RED SOX

AL

East:        YANKEES

Central:    INDIANS

West:        ASTROS

WC:          CUBS, D-BACKS

• Forum MVP

Baseball is the only sport where I like pros more than college and after ted turner sold my braves to AOL and shipped off the all timer pitching staff, I lost interest. Baseball is such a great game to watch live. If I played a pro sport, baseball would be the one I’d choose. Only one where you can have fun and goof around while playing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP
On 6/27/2019 at 2:09 AM, acududeman said:

Congratulations to my alma mater,  Vanderbilt University...….2019 College World Series Champions!

Vanderbilt should have been the school I partied out of but chose Millsaps college instead as they have high schoolers come down and get them wasted as part of an official recruiting program. No shit. They put you with a frat guy and you go party all weekend and I puked my guts out and decided that was the school for me. I was partying out of wherever I went year 1 so UK was going to be my inevitable landing spot. Nice thing about Kentucky is you can get a degree never going to class.  

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, Rude said:

Vanderbilt should have been the school I partied out of but chose Millsaps college instead as they have high schoolers come down and get them wasted as part of an official recruiting program. No shit. They put you with a frat guy and you go party all weekend and I puked my guts out and decided that was the school for me. I was partying out of wherever I went year 1 so UK was going to be my inevitable landing spot. Nice thing about Kentucky is you can get a degree never going to class.  

Given my partying ways in the 80's, it amazes me that I kept it together enough to earn a degree at Vandy. Nashville was the most awesome college town ever for me, for obvious reasons!

• 1 month later...

I will be the first to admit defeat when it comes to the MN Twins vs The New York Yankees in the divisional series.  Even though the second game is still in the third inning as I write this,  the Yankees hit a grand slam to make the score 7-0.  If the Twins had pitching (which they don't) and our bats could come alive (they are deader than a doornail),  we would have a then only a slight chance against them.  I gave up a chance to go see Little Feat to watch game three of the series which is a home game for my team the Twins.  I think I made a poor decision, but I made the day of a woman that I know for which the ticket made it into her hand. Such is life.

Yep, it happened.  The Yankees swept my MN Twins 3-0 in the first round of the playoffs.  We have lost the last seven matchups with them to tie the record for the most continuous losses in playoff history.  Way back before they were the Twins, they were the Washington Senators.  Their nemesis? The Yankees.  This was so bad that they actually had a broadway musical made after the rivalry.  It was called "Damn Yankees". Yes, this still fits today.

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, acududeman said:

So proud of my Nats…...finally got the monkey off our back and actually won a playoff series!!

On to the Cards......should be tons 'o' fun!

LA's 200 Million Payroll shows it's hard to buy a championship.  It's doesn't help when your manager goes brain-dead in the post-season and your 3-time Cy Young pitcher lacks any clutch.  Congrats Nats!

Does Tampa shock the Stros tonight?  MLB executives might faint.....

Archived