Loose Lucy
Brokedown Palace
We Bid You Good Night

packed crowd, superb venue, great music, fun was had by all

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Cosmic Charlie - 2022/08/05 - Lincoln Theatre

Let The Good Times Roll > Greatest Story Ever Told, Catfish John, El Paso, Harder They Come, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues, St Stephen > Bird Song > Alabama Getaway

That's What Love Will Make You Do, Saint Of Circumstance, Crazy Fingers,  Crazy Train intro > Spirit Of Radio tease > Operator, Dark Star > Throwing Stones > Tequila tease > Spirit Of Radio tease >DrumSpace > Viola Lee Blues > Days Between > Goin Down The Road Feelin Bad > We Bid You Goodnight

E: Ripple (unplugged), Tangled Up In Blue

Really fun show - enjoyed it to the fullest !  That unplugged Ripple was really beautiful - crowd participation was perfect!

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Did you see AC up there? He did that run too. Seems like a great 3 days. I think I’m gonna do panic New Years in Nashville. Close is good. JRAD in Colorado seems great but wild man is making it tough on the grandparents lol. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The last time I was there was Jerry Garcia Band September 15, 1989. Then I had pavilion and the AKG460's>D5 in the 20th row center with two other tapers patched out. GDP seemed to pass out the pavilion with the mail order always getting peeps into the pavilion. This Phish series was all lawn for our crew and if you don't remember it's STEEP. My feet were a mess by Sunday with that slope. Toes all crunched at the front of shoes. Not as strong a run as Deercreek, but still rockin'. On a note of the sound system Alpine provided, tiny little speakers on the roof of the pavilion for us lawn folks. Not phish's normal sound. I loved that they didn't play Wilson in hopes to open Dicks on September 1st with it since Wilson is now Denver's new quarterback. Several friends of mine are trying for front row all sporting Wilson shirts. Might dew webcast just to see Jack and Kim.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Shoreline sound sucks in the lawn as well. These places haven’t upgraded their lawn PA’s ever. They need at least 3 of some 4 stack array for the lawn.  Inside the pavilion they have a line array 10 pieces tall. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Del McCoury Band Memorial Hall Cincy:

Dry My Tears and Move On 

The Bluest Man In Town 

Sure Fire 

Walk Our In The Rain 

Nashville Cats 

Instrumental 

Same Old Day 

Lee Highway Blues 

I'll be there For You 

Cold Rain and Snow 

That Old Train 

My Love Will Not Change

Black Jack County Chains 

-? Instrumental 

God's Promised Land 

All Aboard 

Encores: Vincent Black 1952 

GDTRFB, (original verses of I Ain't going Down that Lonesome Road) 

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

I'd heard a story where, through Del knowing Jerry from way back, it was arranged that Jerry was going to buy a banjo that Ronnie McCoury owned. I actually asked Ronnie about it at a Sweetwater show in Mill Valley a few years ago and he confirmed it. The meeting and exchange happened backstage before a Spring '90 Landover show. Ronnie said that Jerry was extremely animated as he and Del traded stories about the bluegrass scene back in the day. As they were leaving, Jerry said he hoped they'll enjoy the show and Ronnie mentioned it would be great to hear them play Cold Rain & Snow. Sure enough, that's what The Boys opened with.  

Goes to show that at least on rare occasion Garcia did take requests! 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
  1. saw Roger waters at Bridgestone arena in Nashville last night. Pretty great time and awesome show and sound. There were lots of unsold seats so we went down lower level to a good spot and melted. He’s very political and the 1st thing that scrolls across the screen is if you don’t like rogers politics he doesn’t give a fuck. He pretty much hates everything to do with the military industrial complex and your engulfed in violent images. But come set 2, he melted faces. He finished Dark side starting with money so that was a 25 minute meltout. I thoroughly enjoyed it and loved the songs I didn’t know. There are speakers behind you pointed at the stage to create his quadraphonic sound and during brain damage I was on another planet being in this bubble of sound coming from all directions at you.  

2. if he’s coming to your town, you should definitely go. 

5. Set 1:
  6. (Pink Floyd song)
  7. (Pink Floyd song)
  8. (Pink Floyd song)
  9. (Pink Floyd song)
  10. (Pink Floyd song)
  11. (Pink Floyd song)
  12. (Pink Floyd song)
  13. (Pink Floyd song)
  14. Set 2:
  15. (Pink Floyd song)
  16. (Pink Floyd song)
    Play Video
  18. (Pink Floyd song)
  19. (Pink Floyd song)
  20. (Pink Floyd song)
  21. (Pink Floyd song)
  22. (Pink Floyd song)
  23. (Pink Floyd song)
  24. (Pink Floyd song)
  • Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Born Cross Eyed 9/3/2022 Zanabar Louisville KY

Shakedown

Red Rooster

MAMU
Big River

Brown Eyed

On the Road Again

Looks Like Rain

Here Comes Sunshine

Saint of Circumstance

Let it Grow

Sampson and Delilah

Unbroken Chain

Eyes

Estimated

Viola

Throwing Stones

NFA (2 minute version...curfew)

Dino on one of the drum kits 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Last night we rolled 4 deep into Lucas oils for the colts owner Jim Irsay band show. He had his collection of artifacts on display which include Tiger, Dylan’s famous Newport folk fest guitar, and David Gilmore’s black strat which actually got played even after he spent nearly $4M on it. Mike mills from REM, Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ann Wilson did about 30 minutes of zeppelin. Then at the end, Indiana Royalty Jonny Cougar Mellencamp came out which was awesome because Luke hates him but Indiana llooooooooooooves him. I laughed so hard I cried. He was smokin heaters the entire 1.5 song performance. If you have the chance to view that collection, it’s unbelievable. Not just music stuff sports like Ali’s belt from rumble in the jungle and Jackie robinson’s bat, along with letters from Lincoln and Washington and traditional history stuff

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Emmylou Harris Sept 9, 2022

Nashville Indiana 

Here I Am 

Orphan Girl 

Love and Happiness 

Red Dirt Girl 

Green Pastures 

Get Up John 

Gulf Coast Highway 

Ol Five and Dimers 

Raise The Dead 

Wheels 

Luxury Liner 

Calling My Children 

Bang The Drum Slowly 

God is God 

Love Is 

O Evangeline

One of These Days 

Pancho and Lefty

Leaving Louisiana in the Broad Daylight 

Tulsa Queen 

Born To Run 

Together Again 

Shores of White Sand 

The Pearl

Encores: 

Boulder to Birmingham 

Save The Last Dance for Me. 

8-10pm, no break except her wonderful banter between songs.

Incredible performance, full band.

Halfway through the show she stopped in the middle of a song and asked for the house to shut down the lights that were shining on the audience's eyes, apologizing that she didn't ask earlier. 

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP
On 9/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, Dead duck said:

Last night we rolled 4 deep into Lucas oils for the colts owner Jim Irsay band show. He had his collection of artifacts on display which include Tiger, Dylan’s famous Newport folk fest guitar, and David Gilmore’s black strat which actually got played even after he spent nearly $4M on it. Mike mills from REM, Buddy Guy, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Ann Wilson did about 30 minutes of zeppelin. Then at the end, Indiana Royalty Jonny Cougar Mellencamp came out which was awesome because Luke hates him but Indiana llooooooooooooves him. I laughed so hard I cried. He was smokin heaters the entire 1.5 song performance. If you have the chance to view that collection, it’s unbelievable. Not just music stuff sports like Ali’s belt from rumble in the jungle and Jackie robinson’s bat, along with letters from Lincoln and Washington and traditional history stuff

so John cougar is still putting down 5 packs a day? That’s a crazy habit. Even if you’re dosed up and chain smoking, 5 packs is nutty. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Hyryder Riverfront Live Saturday 9/24/22.

Everyone should know the city as there was a landing made here last year for a two night stop.

St Stephen>Cryptical was like a solar flare.

Beautiful autumn night reminding me of the Scarlet Fire we got there some years back when it was called Annies. There was a St Stephen at that show also!

Check out the stream for it was drippy.

good to see Duck and all the folks who flock

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Hyryder Riverfront Live Saturday 9/24/22.

Everyone should know the city as there was a landing made here last year for a two night stop.

St Stephen>Cryptical was like a solar flare.

Beautiful autumn night reminding me of the Scarlet Fire we got there some years back when it was called Annies. There was a St Stephen at that show also!

Check out the stream for it was drippy.

good to see Duck and all the folks who flock

I streamed 2nd and 3rd sets.  Show was fire 🔥!  Crypty was very good - Terrapin Suite was excellent!

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

I was at the event Funk in the City in Evansville. Arts and crafts fair plus live music headlined by a band called JEB. Interestingly enough their first show was Halloween 1997, less than 2 weeks before DSO. As they are now mainly just local they have done some touring and have shared stage with DSO way back. I have seen more JEB shows than DSO and that’s quite a few. The have originals and they do covers including phish, widespread , and dead. Supporting my friends took precedent over Hyryder.

Will be seeing two 25 yr anniversary shows with my favorite bands in next 6 weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Lucinda Williams at the Madison, Covington with loose chairs made into assigned rows, very sweet

Steal Your Love 

Can't Let Go 

Real Live Bleeding Fingers and Broken Guitar Strings 

Protection

Those 3 Days 

West Memphis 

Blaze Foley story 

Drunken Angel 

Lake Charles 

Fruits of my Labor 

Are you down? 

Let's get the band back together