A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Mango said:

I think Cream Puff War is fun and I'd love to see Jeff and DSO shred it.

Agreed!  New Potato Caboose is another one I'd love to see them do - been hiding since 2014!

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Mango said:

it wasn't a very good song, lol, hence not making it out of 65/66. None of those early original numbers did. I think Cream Puff War is fun and I'd love to see Jeff and DSO shred it.

hey little one should have made it but that song could only be delivered by Jerry in his 20s, so the shelf life was prob a consideration in its sadly short life. No doubt the best of the early stuff. 

• Forum MVP
14 hours ago, Rude said:

I enjoyed hey little one for what it is, but it doesn’t have legs or lyrical depth or much of a groove. 

hey, you can just shove that ignorant comment right up your ass buddy. I’ve seen you tear up to that song before!!

Ohhh, you’re just trying to push my buttons,… that’s what it is, cause no way you say something that stupid otherwise. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
20 hours ago, Tea said:

Agreed!  New Potato Caboose is another one I'd love to see them do - been hiding since 2014!

wow, didn't realize it had been that long. a bunch in 08/09 and then 2 in 2014. I saw the 2nd to last, with Bob Weir at the Great American Music Hall. Bass solo and all.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Born Cross Eyed 1/8/22 Zanzabar Louisville,KY

(With Dino the whole show)

set one:8pm

Jack Straw, Dire Wolf, My Brother Esau, Ramble On Rose, Used To Love Her, Walkin' Blue, Masterpiece, Doin That Right, Music Never Stopped. 9:17pm

Set two: 9:37pm

Scarlet>Fire, Lost Sailor>Saiint.VIOLA LEE BLUES>Wharf Rat>0&0>US Blues>Lovelight!

Hard 11pm stop, no encore but they sure put on a fun show considering the time restraint, too much fun!

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Certainly worth the round trip drive in the pouring rain.

Danced from first to last note. Viola and Rag worth special mention.

Have seen BCE 4 or 5 times over the years  and was thinking this would be first sans Dino….SURPRISE! Even bought the man a beer and brought it to his drum kit during Scarlet. 
Like me, doing what we love,  cause we want  it that way. AC too.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Sounds fun. We made every show there was during 2020. Pandemic didn’t slow our travel besides the lack of big shows. But the parasite that grew for 9 months is our show pandemic. Why don’t venues have childcare????? It’s unconscionable they don’t care about parents. They are anti child!!! If there was childcare, we’d be at tons of shows!!! Venues are costing themselves so much money losing us. Well not that much money since I sneak in good bourbon and refuse to pay $14 a drink. But I’ll gladly pay $50 for childcare. We need to all boycott any venue who doesn’t offer it!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
19 minutes ago, Rude said:

Sounds fun. We made every show there was during 2020. Pandemic didn’t slow our travel besides the lack of big shows. But the parasite that grew for 9 months is our show pandemic. Why don’t venues have childcare????? It’s unconscionable they don’t care about parents. They are anti child!!! If there was childcare, we’d be at tons of shows!!! Venues are costing themselves so much money losing us. Well not that much money since I sneak in good bourbon and refuse to pay $14 a drink. But I’ll gladly pay $50 for childcare. We need to all boycott any venue who doesn’t offer it!!! 

Correct priorities.

The liability in our litigious society makes $50 a pipe dream for child care in a mostly 21+ setting. In certain situations possibility exists.

Brings to mind the Creamery in Oregon show with the little ones having fun in the tent while grown men sit naked on a pole.

• Forum MVP
30 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

Correct priorities.

The liability in our litigious society makes $50 a pipe dream for child care in a mostly 21+ setting. In certain situations possibility exists.

Brings to mind the Creamery in Oregon show with the little ones having fun in the tent while grown men sit naked on a pole.

I thought every word of this post.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

There’s childcare at many businesses and they deal with liability. The most important business to provide childcare should be concert venues as they are more necessary than grocers. You can grow food at home but you can’t have The Rolling Stones play in your living room. 

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Rude said:

I’m not wanting to work. I’m wanting someone to babysit while I have fun. Why would I want to babysit anyone else’s kids. Eww

Rude, You are missing the idea. You don't do the sitting, you organise the business. There are various mothers that don't care to see the show that their spouse is attending. These mothers can be gathered together to take care of the little ones.

• Forum MVP
7 hours ago, Michael Doc Watson said:

Rude, You are missing the idea. You don't do the sitting, you organise the business. There are various mothers that don't care to see the show that their spouse is attending. These mothers can be gathered together to take care of the little ones.

I know one really well myself

• Forum MVP

Not sure what century that thought comes from Doc. Women not interested in seeing a show would be interested bringing their kids from 8p-midnight to help babysit other kids??? This convo is weird. I just want to take the kid with us and jettison him for 4 hours not start some weird sexist commune where women are forced to come to shows they have no interest in just to babysit their own and other kids. I’m out 

• LMAO 2

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a Phish Tribute Band 'Runaway Gin' in Atlanta.

Set 1: The Divided Sky, Mike's Song > Maze, Tweezer

Set 2: Weekapaug Groove > Crosseyed and Painless > Steam > Weekapaug > Crosseyed > Steam > Reba

Enc: Tweezer > Killing In The Name

This band flat out jams! Every song (except for encores), had a few minutes of singing then a 15+ minute jam. And it wasn't a jam just to say they did it, each jam actually went some were and it had something to say. There was no evidence of social distancing etc., the place was packed yet room enough to shake yur bones! 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Goose was in Tempe last night.

Thick sound and very cool lights.  They’re tight.  Some songs take off.

Covered Electric Avenue.  Was fantastic.  I recommend them as a fun evening out to anyone here.

They are in Louisville in Feb. plan is to go although I have to work inventory the next morning at 6. Lol so if I go I won’t be getting to wild

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Cosmic Charlie - Cats Cradle - Carrboro, NC - 1/21/22

(I)  Cold Rain And Snow > Music Never Stopped, Ramble On Rose, On The Road Again > Foolish Heart > Estimated Prophet > St Stephen > Don’t Ease Me In

(2)  The Weight > Scarlet Begonias > Jam > He’s Gone (w/ nod to Meatloaf) > Big River > Drumspace > Saint Of Circumstance > Going Down The Road > And We Bid You Goodnight

E: So Many Roads > Sugar Magnolia

Brought the goods on a snowy nite!  There was like 40 people there 😛  You know what that means...
sound-of-music-julie-andrews.gif
Don't worry - they were blanks!

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Off the hook last night! Born Cross Eyed at The Burl, hometown show in Lexington 1/29/22 (9:00)

1/2 Step

Box of Rain

Feel Like A Stranger (took the f*ck off, total train engine)

Uncle>River

Ship of Fools

Candyman 

Wang Dang Doodle

Tenn Jed

El Paso

Cassidy

Birdsong

Promised Land(10:45)

2 (11:20)

Help>Slip>Foolish>Franklins!

Playin>UJB>Playin> SOTM> jam>She Belongs Jam>, SugarSSDD Encore: Saturday Night. (12:55)

This band plays exceptionally well in Lexington

Im sure I forgot something, but maybe not

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP

JGB in Tempe last night.

Two sets with John playing guitar is always good for the soul.  He remains absolutely incredible.

Melvin on the B3 makes for smiles all around.  Rhythm section is solid.

Sad that Melvin can barely get up from the bench after the show.  His walking is labored to say the least. 

Set 1

Let’s Spend the Night Together

Catfish John

Money Honey

Mystery Train

What a Wonderful World (Sam Cooke)

That’s What Love Will Make You Do

New Speedway Boogie

Jam

Midnight Hour

Set 2

Strugglin Man