A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

21/06/05  In Dead Nation,  Rec Room,  Towson, MD

Touch of Grey, They Love Each Other, Alabama Getaway,

Mama Tried>Big River, West LA, Viola Lee Blues, KC Jones.

Half Step, Scarlet Begonias>Fire on the Mountain, Truckin',

Goin Down the Road, Watchtower, Not Fade Away,

Don't Let Go, US Blues, Tangled Up In Blue.

Brooks on keys all night.

Bookended the vacation with some local Dead

on a beautiful evening in downtown Towson.

Called out by the band for missing last two shows,

as they conflicted with Frederick and Jubilation.

Viola fully worked, the Scarlet>Fire a crowd pleaser.

Goin' Down the Road highlight of the night for me,

and an well executed Tangled to close.  No masks.

No pods.  Plenty of hugs and smiles.  Great friends

throughout the crowd.  Support local dead.

Praise DSO.

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

That I did Hyryder at the trap 6/5/21

Cold rain and snow

Big boss man

minglewood

Roses

On the road again

Peggy o

Cassidy

Fotd

Dancin

MNS

Help>Slip>Cosmic Charlie

Terrapin

D/s

Death dont

Truckin.

Encore: ship of fools>?? 

They came back out and played the weight. I listened to stream from Drums thru the end. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Looks like a fun weekend. Danny tried to get us to come up b/c Joe Marcinek was sitting in with them on keys but if we were able to do a 5 hour trip we’d have done the 8 hour one to see Dso. We need to find an indy babysitter since they don’t allow babies. My only complaint is the outdoor PA they are using is insufficient. They blew out that Riverfront Live PA though lol. The indoor mousetrap PA setup sounds perfect. They did a great job getting it dialed in for indoors. 

• 2 weeks later...

Neighbor. We actually traded Sat tix for Friday as we had a conflict (should have gone to both...). They're a side project of Richard James from Pink Talking Fish. All original w/ a couple covers sometimes. Don't sleep on these guys at Peach. Hopefully, they get a nighttime spot...

https://www.facebook.com/neighborband/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Bring Out Yer Dead

Lincoln Theatre, Raleigh 

7/10/90 - Carter Finley Stadium, Raleigh 

Jack Straw, Loser, We Can Run But We Can't Hide, Me & My Uncle-> Big River, Friend Of The Devil, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Bird Song, Promised Land*

Iko Iko, Playin' In The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> Playin' In The Band Jam-> Drums-> Jam-> The Other One-> Stella Blue>Not Fade Away, E: Brokedown Palace

* Cut the power to the stage mid-song for a minute then picked Promised Land back up from where they stopped

F: US Blues > OMSN

Boy - that was fun!  Whole show was very well done.  Very fluid, very sweaty, floated home.

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

I did the Aces back to back fest near legend valley. Ekoostik Hookah Thursday, Hyryder and Rumpke Mountain Boys fri and sat with them even playing a joint set Saturday. 

Hyryder tried to kill me with the 2nd set Friday night Mighty high, Eyes, Viola Lee, Darkstar, wharf rat Darkstar truckin Chinatown shuffle. I may be missing one or two still in there. The joint set had a cover of Isis that was one of my highlights of the weekend and Rumpke capped the weekend off with an electric set featuring Steve Sweeney that was just raunchy mind blowing stuff. Boys couldn’t go and it was a spur of the moment solo dad trip and I made the most of that shit. 

• Like (+1) 5

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Hyryder tried to kill me with the 2nd set Friday night Mighty high, Eyes, Viola Lee, Darkstar, wharf rat Darkstar truckin Chinatown shuffle.

I streamed that show!  Yes - they tried to eliminate you, Duck:

Mighty High > Corrina > Eyes of the World >Viola Lee Blues > Dark Star > Space > Wharf Rat >Dark Star > Truckin’,

Morning Dew, Chinatown Shuffle

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Tea said:

I streamed that show!  Yes - they tried to eliminate you, Duck:

Mighty High > Corrina > Eyes of the World >Viola Lee Blues > Dark Star > Space > Wharf Rat >Dark Star > Truckin’,

Morning Dew, Chinatown Shuffle

How the F did I leave the Dew out? I’ll carry that shame for the rest of my days. 🤣😆

• LMAO 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

7/18
Tedeschi Trucks Band 

Appel Farm in South Jersey. 

They are Soooooooo great!
Susan Tedeschi is such a soulful singer. One of my favorite singers ever. And she can play a great guitar. Her husband Derrick Trucks is not a bad guitar player either. Beautiful night. Brought my 11 year old son and 6 year old daughter and both loved it. Great night. 

• Like (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Phil and friends 7/29 Brooklyn bowl Nashville with Grahame Lesh, nicki bluhm, and the band Dawes. 

unfortunately even arriving an hour before show we see there’s a AA baseball game going on that’s connected to the venue. After 3 full parking lots we end up a half mile away. If you aren’t familiar with Nashville, the parking sucks and is expensive. We decided to bowl a game pre show. $40 later we pop into the concert area. This is such a super cool new complex (opened worst time ever 3/20). The sound was so bad we spent the 1st 20 minutes finding a place that you could actually hear the cymbals. Note it onlu holds 800 and prob 500 total were there. Hit the balcony about 10 feet from the hanging PA ang we achieved liftoff. Crystal clean sound. The 1st set we were just getting our feet under us. At setbreaj we went outside to the smoking area deck. It overlooks the baseball stadium. Watched 20 minutes of baseball and headed back in. The security guard next to me said he was tired of telling people to quit smoking weed and had given up. I’m like you do know this is a dead crowd right. He said cops could come in and we are a new venue. I’m like none of that is happening bro. Set 2 starts and we take our spot 10 feet from the PA. 2nd somg comes unbroken chain. Holy shit they took the middle jam and played with that funky dance beat for 8+ minutes. I was drenched keeping that pace. 2nd set was so so good. This Dawes guy sang one of the most beautiful Stella’s I’ve ever heard. He had this angelic voice. Most of the songs were sung by Nicki bluhm and she delivered. Had a blast. Blown away. Besides a hiccup here ang there you wouldn’t have known this band hadn’t been together for a while. We had a great 2 hour drive home post show basking in the light of that performance. I was so in the now I didn’t take 1 pic of Phil lol. The next day I’m like wtf was wrong with you not getting 1 pic of phil. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

3 show run at Brooklyn bowl. We could only do 1 but we were impressed for sure. He mandated vaccine cards for entry and masks if you were on the rail. No one besides the rail peeps wore a mask. 

• Forum MVP

Emmylou Harris 8/4/21

PNC Pavillion, Cincinnati

(Los Lobos opened and played a Bertha, their whole set ripped)

Here I Am

Orphan Girl

WAYFARING STRANGER!!!

Red Dirt Girl

Easy From Now On

Emmet Till

Raise The Dead

Get Up John

Green Pastures

Las Vegas

Bright Morning Star

Goodbye

One of These Days

Pancho and Lefty

Michelangelo

Wheels

Luxury Liner

Bang The Drum Slowly

Shores of White Sand

The Pearl

Old Yellow Moon.

E: Together 

I recorded it if anyone wants a copy. 2 cds 95 min.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Melvin and JGB with JK

The Caverns, Pelham, TN 8/8/21
Setlist:
I Feel Like Dynamite 
Run For The Roses 
Cats Under The Stars 
Tore Up
Positively Fourth Street 
We Be Jammin' 
Rhapsody In Red 
Señor
In The Midnight Hour 
-/-
Ruben & Cherise >
Eyes Of The World >
Drum World >
Hey Pocky Way 
Forever Young 
Midnight Moonlight 
Someday Baby
Everybody Needs Somebody 
Deal

had a blast doing an afternoon show in the caverns. Show was 4:30-7:30. Made it a semi easy up and back same day show which was perfect for us.  Crowd was crazy high energy. Loud crowd. Like cover your ears after song loud. The cave makes for some echoey accoustics. Lots of space to groove. Saw 3 different groups of friends that do Dso shows. Always good to see friends. Saw a buddy we hadn’t seen in over 4 years from tour. They had this smoking area way up at the top in the 90 degree sun but with this crowd we stayed close to the mouth of the cave to enjoy the free A/C. It stays under 70 degrees about 50 feet from where you have sky above your head then walk another 10 feet and it’s 90. It would definitely be a cool camping spot in the middle of the summer. The security guy at the top of the hill said If there’s a low pressure front the natural A/C goes all the way up to the top. I was just thinking how much they save not having to buy a massive commercial HVAC system lol. That shit ain’t cheap lol. Thanks Doc for the tix. We wouldn’t have gone prob until a free pair of tix landed in our lap. Have to choose our escapes wisely to not overwhelm the biological babysitters. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
On 8/10/2021 at 5:35 PM, BillK522 said:

Hope you have saved some

up for Park City.

Praise DSO.

I wish. That would be a blast but it’s right after Asheville. We discussed the possibility of one of us doing it solo but decided to pass. Plus after going to The Stage on Bay in savannah a couple years ago, nothing can compete with the beauty of that venue and location.  Picture gorgeous savannah and then the name the stage on bay which you would assume has a stage overlooking a marina with luxury yachts and palm trees all around you, and then picture no water near, a metal warehouse type venue surrounded by barbed wire fence because it’s in the projects with boarded up windows and a gas station next door with burned out cars that have been there for years and security walking the blocks of street parking because if they don’t you will get broken into guaranteed. Once you see heaven like that, the charms of a mountain town have very little pull. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Better off Dead at the Cult Classic Brewery down on Kent Island. Holy Fuck, I don’t know how I am going to make it through work today. 
  Big RR blues

till the morning comes

about a six or eight song gap of forgetfulness on my part. 
candyman
Cumberland.

china/Ryder

BTW

Black peter

some tune off the first album, drawing a blank.

cryptical>TOO>cryptical

good lovin’

Bertha 
Sugar Mags

midnite Hour

Music never stopped

I am forgetting about half the show but it was pretty incredible. High energy, happy crowd. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Ran into LangeradoSoul at born cross eyed in Lexingtin last night, good times my friend. 9/17/21: #1

Feel Like A Stranger>

Franklins Tower

Mama Tried>

Mexicali Blues

Peggy O

Hey pocky Way

Lazy River

Wang Dang Doodle

Tennessee Jed

Memphis Blues

If I Had theWorld To Give

Doin that rag

Promised Land!

#2 1/2 Step

Scarlet Begonias>

Fire On The Mountain

Estimated Prophet>

Eyes of the World

Truckin>jam>

China Doll

0 & 0

Loose Lucy.

(I got a pen and paper about 5 songs in because where else will this monumental experiment be documented?)

Soul searing China Doll, pin dropping silence, such a solemn existence at that momentbring on the 24th!

• Like (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Well folks we got down hard last night at the mousetrap. 

Shakedown Street

Used to love her

Tenn Jed

Same thing

BEW

Desolation Row

BIG IRON

Promised Land.

Viola Lee>

Dear Mr Fantasy>

Viola Lee

Mtns of the moon

Truckin>jamm>

Spoonful>

Other One>

Standing on the moon>

Sugar msgnolia

Ssdd.

E: Built to last>

Big RR 

Its All Over Now, Baby Blue

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Well folks we got down hard last night at the mousetrap. 

Shakedown Street

Used to love her

Tenn Jed

Same thing

BEW

Desolation Row

BIG IRON

Promised Land.

Viola Lee>

Dear Mr Fantasy>

Viola Lee

Mtns of the moon

Truckin>jamm>

Spoonful>

Other One>

Standing on the moon>

Sugar msgnolia

Ssdd.

E: Built to last>

Big RR 

Its All Over Now, Baby Blue

hoping to maybe get the 2 Hyryder at riverfront live halloween weekend but it’s not looking great right now.