?

The night they drove old dixie down

After midnight

Eleanor Rigby instrumental

New Speedway boogie

When i paint my masterpiece

Waiting for a miracle

Deal

*** waiting for a miracle *** my highlight. It's been a healing tune for me the past year coping with my brother being sick. They delivered. I was brought to tears. 

Wilbur was not at capacity so despite tight security, we were able to find ample dance space just behind ga floor. ❤💙

Edited by NorthEast
  • Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP

Waiting for a miracle was a song that I really connected with following my moms diagnosis with brain cancer. So I understand NE. Even though no real miracle has come she's still with us and has beaten the odds which is a miracle. We visit my mom in less than 2 weeks will be good to be with her again despite her weakened state. 

• Like (+1) 7

7 minutes ago, Tom Banjo said:

Waiting for a miracle was a song that I really connected with following my moms diagnosis with brain cancer. So I understand NE. Even though no real miracle has come she's still with us and has beaten the odds which is a miracle. We visit my mom in less than 2 weeks will be good to be with her again despite her weakened state. 

Yes Mc aka Tom banjo, I remember our conversation about how this song resonates despite knowing a miracle mat not come. Maybe that's the beauty of it and why we are drawn to it. I'm glad you get to see her and give her your love... Nothing like a son and his momma. My moms favorite is my brother though she denies it.

• Forum MVP

That song has a special place in my heart also. I won’t bother you with the story as it pales in comparison to your human level, but, yes, that song showed up in my life at a time that I needed it. Heaven sent at a time I was questioning how I was going to get through a situation. That one gets me to stop dancing and just take it in. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/3/2021 at 11:44 PM, Greg from Chestertown said:

That song has a special place in my heart also. I won’t bother you with the story as it pales in comparison to your human level, but, yes, that song showed up in my life at a time that I needed it. Heaven sent at a time I was questioning how I was going to get through a situation. That one gets me to stop dancing and just take it in. 

If the song resonates with you and holds a special place in your heart, there is no need for comparison. That should go for every song that touches us. Most of this music can be interpreted in such different ways by all of us who really hear the lyrics and music, and they are all important interpretations however different they may be. 

Edited by NorthEast
  • Like (+1) 2

Avett Brothers

I didn't see this band last night.  I saw them 9/21/21 at the beautiful Mann Music Center in Philadelphia.

Can't stop thinking about what a great band they are and how great the concert was....so I finally thought to post.

First time I've seen them live and so glad I went.  Ranks among my favorite non Dead/DSO concerts I have ever seen.

If you don't know them and you are a fan of intelligent and creative lyrics, great song structure, good vocalists who annunciate, and positive energy.....check them out. 

Southern Indie folk/rock from the Carolinas.  Modern Americana. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Mojo Hand said:

Avett Brothers

I didn't see this band last night.  I saw them 9/21/21 at the beautiful Mann Music Center in Philadelphia.

Can't stop thinking about what a great band they are and how great the concert was....so I finally thought to post.

First time I've seen them live and so glad I went.  Ranks among my favorite non Dead/DSO concerts I have ever seen.

If you don't know them and you are a fan of intelligent and creative lyrics, great song structure, good vocalists who annunciate, and positive energy.....check them out. 

Southern Indie folk/rock from the Carolinas.  Modern Americana. 

I went to see them in ‘19 at Willie Nelson’s outlaws tour with Willie, Phil, Allison Krause, Avetts, and old crow medicine show and some others. What struck me about the Avetts was how much fun it seemed they were having on stage. And the show was enjoyable ta boot. This was the show that finally checked Phil off the concert hit list for the boys. 

• Forum MVP

We found some floor rear GA Tix for 100 but when we went to get our floor bands I offer the 2 wristband girls $50 to give us the Pit 1 front pit wristbands. They had already banded meili and the girl quickly rips her GA band off and gives us both pit 1 and I slipped them a $50 total. Those tix were $600 each lol. We had a fantastic 2 hours up front. The only issue is I was expecting a set break instead of 1 2-hour set. It would have been nice to sit and chill for a bit and enjoy the perfect night around 73 degrees and reflect on the set and enjoy the atmosphere with 50k peeps there. And on the way in we had the south lot right next to where we had to enter just by luck. So we walked 200 feet to the entrance and were in. Pretty charmed night. Popped the 2 hour ride home like a champ and crashed like a champ lol. We were stuck in the lot leaving the show for 45 minutes. Most knew no point getting in line so popped some Jerry band and smoked and hung with peeps in the lot. Was a different crowd. We were dancing harder than anyone else and wasn’t even close. Mostly a head Bob or a chick dancing a bit. Their crew was videotaping me too which I don’t like but We were only ones in the pit getting down. There was tons of room if you weren’t crammed up 5 feet from the stage which she did a few times to get some great action shots of mick. I mean he’s so animated, every other picture looks like a professional caught the perfect moment because he gives you poses and animation constantly. Was definitely a blast. Will probably be the last time though. They did a nice Charlie video tribute before the show started which was cool. 

• Like (+1) 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Sock cap and coat weather. I like a bundled up show. If you know in advance just put a thermal layer and get your groove on and be warm. When I was young I never prepared. I’d have a t-shirt on when 45. Now have nice thermal gear(smart investment) and ready for bad weather. Jubilee 2 fucked me up. I swore I’d never be unprepared like that again. That was brutal. I thought I’d never warm up. Took an hour in a 0 degree bag mummified to warm up the night 1. Had every layer of clothes I had on me on. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Caught the high and wides at the Garfield theatre in Chestertown last night. Local group playing bluegrass for about twenty years plus. Originals plus other tunes. One nice highlight was when the guitarist broke a string. Banjo player turned to the fiddle player and said its up to us. They chatted about what to play and broke into a nice jam. Pretty cool. They had a guitarist from El Salvador open up for them, played a handful of tunes, stayed with them for their first tune which was reminiscent of Eyes of the World but in Spanish. Interested music, tight band. They play Baltimore/DC area too. Check ‘em out if you get the chance.,High and Wides, formerly Chester River Runoff. 

• Forum MVP

10/29/21 Hyryder Riverfront Live (indoor) Cincinnati, OH

they recreated 10-31-79. Small crowd with the bad weather but all Deadicated. Wish I was in Denver lol. Duck and AC in attendance. Guess toomuchfun is in Denver. 

they said tomorrow night is a doozy of a Halloween recreation. Anyone have an idea on an early Halloween show potential is?

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Staying local this weekend dealing with mother in law health issues.

Port Chester and Ft Lauderdale on my schedule.

Hyryder recreating dead shows?….what a nifty idea…did they play it note for note lol. Any skirt playing Donna?