A band I saw last night

Rude

• Forum MVP

Sisters and Brothers to send us off.. didnt need the Donna part being 79, they play the songs but not like the era, still a hyryding show, start to finish. Opening with China Ryder took out the eighties possibilities, then the folllowing Cassidy, Ramble On Rose, Uncle> big river kept the possibilities open. Shskedown Street, Passenger were esp spectacular, space>wharf rat 🎃 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

Staying local this weekend dealing with mother in law health issues.

Port Chester and Ft Lauderdale on my schedule.

Hyryder recreating dead shows?….what a nifty idea…did they play it note for note lol. Any skirt playing Donna?

just the setlist. They doing songs Hyryder style. They just wanted to do a couple Halloween shows I guess. They said after the show that tomorrow was going to be a doozy so guessing early so there wouldn’t be many repeats. 

• Forum MVP

The morning dew last night was special, the interplay of note per note exchange between Eaton and JK was supremely blissful at the peak of intensity when the music and sound all seemed to hold still in that forever moment of the truest outpouring love. It was as if the world had stopped and I took a deep breathe for the first time in ages.

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

We wanted to be there but we are just lucky we got away this weekend for a pair. Everything we do now is a last second decision. We plan on doing Atlanta. Have the hotel next door booked, but it’s not a guarantee we go. We talked about Ft Lauderdale but had to pick and Atlanta made more sense even though I’d love to wear shorts outdoors and stay in south beach lol. 

• Forum MVP

Born Cross Eyed 11.5.21

Jack Straw>Promised Land

Loser, El Paso, Passenger, Ship of Fools, BEW, Masterpiece, Pride of Cucumonga>MNS

2. Let It Rock, Easy Wind, TWLWMYD, PITB>UJB>PITB>D>The Other One>Wharf Rat>Need A Miracle, Cumberland,  Tough Mama, Box of Rain, Ramble On Rose, OMSN, Sugar Mag.

Played to the hilt, everyone was on. Nice seeing Lagerandsoul and all the super people in Lexington, esp Terrapin Hills folks. Tennessee UK game on in the way back. The town was filled with Tennesses fans

• Like (+1) 1

Saw Dinosaur Jr again last night- my previous show was 2009. Great show.

First time visit to Brooklyn Bowl (Nashville edition). I was always skeptical about bowling and shows, but it totally worked. I thought it was a fantastic venue. Most venues feel like a place that is designed with minimal thought to fans except to take their money, and at least at this one, you were deceived into thinking that someone designed it so music fans could enjoy themselves. 

Splintered Sunlight

Jim Thorpe, PA

11/19/21 Mauch Chunk

Setlist
1/ Bertha> Greatest Story, Cumberland, Lil Red Rooster, Blow Away, Black Throated Wind, Me and Bobby McGee, Brown Eyed Women, Music Never Stopped

2/ Dancin' in the Streets> Shakedown Street, Playin' in the Band> Uncle John's Band> Drumz> The Other One> Morning Dew> Lovelight> Alligator 
E/ US Blues

Edited by Billy DeLyon
  • Like (+1) 2

Last time I seen Butchy and Splintered Sunlight was in 1996!  They were amazing then and really bumped up their game even more! Listen to this Morning Dew!

See this band if ever in the Philly area; and Only Footprints is an excellent Acoustic cover band around Jersey (if they are still around). 

Have fun with Ardmore music hall.  In order to get in you need a stool sample, you finger printed, need to identify your pronoun, need proof of vaccination and a valid ID matching your vaccine card (which I've read is racist), & must where a muzzle "between bites of food and sips (or gulps) of drinks"  I guess they throw you in a pit or something if they catch you with your mask down breathing air in between your gulps.  I would imagine they do contract tracing there as well all for you own safety of course.  Vaccinated or not vaccinated I don't feel like spending my hard earned money on businesses like that.  I feel bad for the bands that play there who I'd like to support and the smaller crowds they might play in front of because of their policies.  I don't think it's a sustainable business model on their part but whatever.  I've been to many shows there in the past but no thanks unless they change their ways  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wharf Rat Stu said:

Last time I seen Butchy and Splintered Sunlight was in 1996!  They were amazing then and really bumped up their game even more! Listen to this Morning Dew!

See this band if ever in the Philly area; and Only Footprints is an excellent Acoustic cover band around Jersey (if they are still around). 

Billy D., your reply was hilarious. Although the more I think about it, it is less humorous because of what some businesses are requiring of their customer-base. 

I know I will be shakin' my bones up front for DSO this weekend, although I hate to miss out on "Rivalry Weekend". But being a Syracuse fan, I guess it doesn't matter anyway!

• Forum MVP

Riverfront Live has stopped their covid vac requirement. I like to think that's a step in the right direction. I definitely would not go to a show that requires me to wear a mask. My workplace just made masks optional. Guess what... I'm teaching class tonight without the sweat and turmoil of trying to deliver through a mask. I'll still take temps as people enter because my wife just got over a nasty, high temp flu sickness that wasn't covid, but she had high temps and ached for a week.

• Forum MVP

I saw Melvin at Ardmore a couple months back. Very strict about the masks. Clearly to many people it is acceptable. I am happy for them. I strongly dislike having to wear a mask inside. While dancing. But i'm still considering going to Splintered Sunlight tomorrow night.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

The upcoming Ann Arbor 45th Folk Festival is requiring all attendees to wear a mask at all times during the festival. It is indoors. I was checking it out since Emmylou is going to be there on Saturday night. Not gonna go, will wait until her Nashville, Indiana performance February 2, 2022 because that is just her for the whole night, not a "line up" of performers. I need ELH straight with no chasers and they are not requiring masks. While everyone is in Atlanta this weekend, we'll be covering the 'ryde in Columbus Fri and Sat. :) 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

In a tremendous stroke of irony, I was given door duty to enforce mask wearing mandate during community service at the habitat for humanity restore store. Jefferson county just put a new mask mandate in place. I will be wearing a mask at work too. So much for getting vaccinated no mask.

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

Watching the Hyryder Indy stream right now and the trap is packed. I’m getting a flu shot before New Years indy. Those dirty hippies get me sick every winter. Not sure how I’d chase the rug rat from 8-5 every day if I got sick. He’s currently fascinated with the green power button on the amp and it gets turned off 20x a day. Don’t get me started on how he does 3 mouse clicks and it says are you sure you want to delete everything on this computer.  I turn my back and my phone is locked for 60 secs. He chewed up a cigarette from a pack that got in his reach and he was grossed out and spit it out and 20 minutes later he’s trying to grab another. Then there’s leaves that get tracked in. No those aren’t snacks. How many are you chewing on? Oh Atlanta. I got to get back to you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 4

• Forum MVP

The Summit shows in Columbus this past weekend didn't have maybe 50-60 people, very loose and easy dance space up close. I knew a dark star was coming as the clouds had been hanging over Columbus all weekend, they didn't disappoint: 

Hyryder⚡️@ The Summit Music Hall Columbus OH 11/27/21
Set 1
Jack Straw> Althea, Greatest Story Ever Told, Hey Pocky Way, Candyman, Walkin’ Blues, Jack-A-Roe, Liberty, Let It Grow> Shakedown Street
Set 2
Chinatown Shuffle> Sitting On Top Of The World, Dark Star> The Other One> Cryptical Envelopment> Dark Star> Viola Lee Blues> Turn On Your Love Light, Morning Dew, Wang Dang Doodle> The Music Never Stopped, They Love Each Other, Around And Around
E. My Sisters And Brothers> One More Saturday Night.

Hyryder⚡️@ The Summit Music Hall Columbus OH 11/26/21
Set 1
Let The Good Times Roll> Feel Like A Stranger, Big Boss Man, Mama Tried> Big River, West LA Fadeaway, Scarlet Begonias> Fire On The Mountain, Bertha> Good Lovin’
Set 2
Mighty High, Lost Sailor> Saint Of Circumstance, Dancing In The Street> Eyes Of The World> Crazy Fingers, Victim Or The Crime> Drums> Space> Comes A Time> Deal
E. Easy Wind

As far as I'm concerned the ONLY way to prelude and deliver Comes A Time is out of space when all is quiet, contemplative and peaceful. The Shakedown just exploded out of Let Grow, following the first nights first set Scarlet>Fire

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

Went to Grateful Dead night at Redwings game Saturday. First hockey game and was just used to mask a dispensary run before the holidays 🤣😆. Lucky enough it turns out it was Grateful Dead night and there was a band “raising the dead” or something close to that before the game and I had a really good time. Good tunes, game went to OT and home team won. It was a fun trip

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP

Born Cross Eyed 30th Anniversary show 

12/11/21 Lexington, KY

#1 CRS, Minglewood, Bertha, On The Road Again, Althea, Rooster, BEW, BIODTL(30), Shakedown Street, Deal, Cumberland, LIG

#2 ChinaRyder, Sampson, Truckin>TOO>Stella Blue>Speedway Boogie>Eyes>Wheel>Throwin> NFA>GDTRFB. Touch of Grey,  thank you for 30 years!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1