Rude

A band I saw last night

Rippin tour closer in Charlotte tonight with Melvin and JGB with JK. What this show lacked in breadth, it made up for in music quality. So good to see Melvin still killing it, dude looks the same he did 30yrs ago, LOL! And was awesome to hear John doing eyes and just wore out the deal, ahhh!! Great dance partners made the night just exactly perfect. 

Neighborhood theater, Charlotte, NC 

Get outta my life woman
Ltgtr
Saw her standing there 
Evangeline
Birdsong
Proud mary
Many rivers to cross
Can't find my way home - instr.
Here comes the sun
Hey Pocky way
Eyes
Brothers and sisters
Deal

• Like (+1) 5

16 hours ago, gr8fulpair said:

Neighborhood theater, Charlotte, s

Last night with C&K and Sue was another good show...last of my little run of three shows.  I danced most of show even though I usually don t have the energy that I did years ago...maybe the friends next to me took a few years off my life and brought back that energy and fun and spark in my ❤️ heart

Peace and Love

Doc

• Like (+1) 3

Billy Strings - Cats Cradle - Night 1

Once I picked my jaw off the floor it was an outta control freight train from start to finish!  That kid has got IT in spades.  Walked outta there on a cloud !

• Like (+1) 5

In Dead Nation at the Rec Room in Towson, MD.

We are here the first Friday of every month.

Shakedown, JackStraw, Bertha>Good Love

a lovely opening sequence.

Scarlet>Fire>Werewolves to open set two.

Highlight of the nite the Goin' Down the Road.

Have fun at the Cap tonite full timers.

Praise DSO.

15 hours ago, Tea said:

Once I picked my jaw off the floor it was an outta control freight train from start to finish!  That kid has got IT in spades.  Walked outta there on a cloud !

Enjoy night 2 now that you know what you're getting into🙂👀🔥

• Like (+1) 1

The dirty grass players, along with the high and wides (Formerly Chester River Runoff) at the Garfield Theatre in Chestertown, Md. as part of the Downrigging festival. Tall ships and bluegrass all weekend. At times, there were two fiddles, two mandolins or two banjos on stage. Freestylin bluegrass jams, original stuff, a few ‘Dead’ 

tunes. Rosalee McFall, Goin’ down the road feelin’ bad, Deep Elem Blues. 

I ran into the guitar player for the high and wides at the grocery store today. I thanked him and commented that they were just winging it last night. He said, yea, a lot of those songs I had never played before. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/2/2019 at 12:20 AM, Tea said:

I'm going to see Billy for the first time on Saturday in DC...….pumped!

I saw Angel Olsen last night at the Lincoln Theater in DC (great venue!)

She was outstanding......her new album "All Mirrors" is amazing.

Emmylou Sunday Atlanta Symphony Hall. Del McCoury Band 11/22/19 Dayton Art Institute. Billy 11/23/19 Madison Theater Covington. Born Cross Eyed 12/7/19 Cosmic Charlies, Lexington. Emmylou is my true love. String's tickets are getting real hard to come by: Lexington and Louisville in February sold out before I had a chance to look. Thank God for mixlr, it really cranks through the home stereo and it's nice to follow the progression of the tour each night. Cats Cradle, night two, got a Dreadful Wind and the Rain and a China Doll>Midnight Ryder. He's keeping gems in the mix although there are so many new comers arriving each show. Rocky Racoon showed up a few nights ago. Crazy good music being played before the show, between sets and after each show. He trips out with his pedal effects. Very meaningful lyrics in his own material. Have FUN!!!

• Like (+1) 3

Infamous Stringdusters were wicked fun!  Too many ‘standers’ for my taste but still a successful launch.  Great covers - Pink Floyd, The Cure, Marvin Gaye, The Police...

Fun interpretations 😀

• Like (+1) 3

ELH Atlanta 10.10.19 8pm

Easy From Now On

One Of These Days 

Millworker

O Evangeline 

Green Pastures 

Get Up John 

Red Dirt Girl

Emmitt Till

Home Sweet Home!

Oh Las Vegas 

Kern River 

If I Needed  You 

Pancho and Lefty 

Michelangelo 

Going Back To Harlan

Together Again 

Tulsa Queen 

Wheels

Born To Run

Old Five and Dimers

Long May You Run!

Encore:

Boulder to Birmingham 

10pm

• Like (+1) 2

The Black Keys with Modest Mouse

Black Keys?  Meh with moments....

Modest Mouse?  Fun stuff - they should have been the headliner.  Great vibe!

My Hearing?  Beating back Tinnitus.  Ear Plugs would've indeed been clutch