A band I saw last night

Rude

12 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Born Cross Eyed 30th Anniversary show 

12/11/21 Lexington, KY

#1 CRS, Minglewood, Berths, On The Road Again, Althea, Rooster, BEW, BIODTL(30), Shakedown Street, Deal, Cumberland, LIG

#2 ChinaRyder, Sampson, Truckin>TOO>Stella Blue>Speedway Boogie>Eyes>Wheel>Throwin> NFA>GDTRFB. Touch of Grey,  thank you for 30 years!!

It was great to see you again, and it was a good show and a great crowd. See you soon!

• Like (+1) 1

Grateful Sunday Presents: Friday Show

The Fishtank, Lexington, KY, Friday, 2021-12-17
~|~
Feel Like A Stranger
Mama Tried>
Mexicali Blues
West LA Fadeaway
Ya Mar (Phish)
Loser
Pretzel Logic (Steely Dan)
Ramble On Rose*
Jack Straw*
Tough Mama (Dylan)
Music Never Stopped*
~||~
Don’t Let Go*
Peg (Steely Dan)
Cumberland Blues*
Rubin and Cherise*
Viola Lee Blues*
Tore Up*
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider*
Run Run Rudolph

~~~~~~

Lee Owen, Guitar

Brandon Bowlds, Guitar

Rob Barnes, Bass

Brad Slutskin, Keys

Dino English, Drums

*with Jenny Adkins on back up vocals 

This little show at the Fishtank in Lexington was one of the better shows I’ve seen in a year. Lee and Brandon traded rhythm and lead guitar on every song outdoing one another and raising the energy level higher and higher, while Rob Barnes and Dino kept the groove jumping with their bass and drums locked in. The Viola Lee Blues and Dont Let Go were serious highlights and had amazing jams in them.

walked in thinking I’d have a couple drinks and a decent time, but the music was stunning.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
4 hours ago, LangeradoSoul said:

Grateful Sunday Presents: Friday Show

The Fishtank, Lexington, KY, Friday, 2021-12-17
~|~
Feel Like A Stranger
Mama Tried>
Mexicali Blues
West LA Fadeaway
Ya Mar (Phish)
Loser
Pretzel Logic (Steely Dan)
Ramble On Rose*
Jack Straw*
Tough Mama (Dylan)
Music Never Stopped*
~||~
Don’t Let Go*
Peg (Steely Dan)
Cumberland Blues*
Rubin and Cherise*
Viola Lee Blues*
Tore Up*
China Cat Sunflower>
I Know You Rider*
Run Run Rudolph

~~~~~~

Lee Owen, Guitar

Brandon Bowlds, Guitar

Rob Barnes, Bass

Brad Slutskin, Keys

Dino English, Drums

*with Jenny Adkins on back up vocals 

This little show at the Fishtank in Lexington was one of the better shows I’ve seen in a year. Lee and Brandon traded rhythm and lead guitar on every song outdoing one another and raising the energy level higher and higher, while Rob Barnes and Dino kept the groove jumping with their bass and drums locked in. The Viola Lee Blues and Dont Let Go were serious highlights and had amazing jams in them.

walked in thinking I’d have a couple drinks and a decent time, but the music was stunning.

Glad you got the Don't and Viola! Hopefully they keep the mother rolling on the 8th🎶

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

Unannounced. Think this was a special treat for hometown of lexington because theyre booked in louisville through April. I missed the bat signal. Of course its the best show that will happen for years since it was raining and cold and very few lucky ducks got soaked in psychedelia.

It was a show that happened really quick. It was basically conceived and announced in 24 hour period 

2 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

How did they play the Steely Dan tunes? Representative of the Dan or the Dead? Or C, none of the above? 

Um, like the Steely Dan with dead overtones 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Visions for the encore at the mousetrap. First set included 60's versions of CRS, Know You Ryder, Minglewood, tleo,  and other jerry band tunes, birdsong, cassidy. Really amazing show. Of course the night I didnt list is the first time they havent posted the list. Second set was a monster,  looking forward to tonight.🎶

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

12/31/21 indy

10pm-11:25

?, sototw, cryptical envelopment>other one>cryptical, alligator, schoolgirl, lovelight, morning dew, scarlet> fire

2nd set countdown> Samba , Sampson, St Stephen william tell, After midnight > eleanor rigby> after midnight, gomorrah, pitb>hard rain>pitb, Dancin, mns. I dont get facebook so any help with these lists would be appreciated? They passed out champaign right before new year. Trippy, oil splashy  spiral light show behind the band was in sych with music, unbelievably nice and friendly crowd, strangers stopping strangers to shake their hands all night

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP

You gotta at least make a fake Facebook to watch the streams. I really liked them going deep with a hard rains gonna fall

I didn’t know the 1st song they played. Sounded like something weird from 66 I’d never heard 

• Forum MVP
18 hours ago, Ammagamalin Crew said:

12/31/21 indy

10pm-11:25

?, sototw, cryptical envelopment>other one>cryptical, alligator, schoolgirl, lovelight, morning dew, scarlet> fire

2nd set countdown> Samba , Sampson, St Stephen william tell, After midnight > eleanor rigby> after midnight, gomorrah, pitb>hard rain>pitb, Dancin, mns. I dont get facebook so any help with these lists would be appreciated? They passed out champaign right before new year. Trippy, oil splashy  spiral light show behind the band was in sych with music, unbelievably nice and friendly crowd, strangers stopping strangers to shake their hands all night

For the small production they do a great job with lights…especially at the “trap”. Probably will run up to Bloomington this Friday. Won’t even pretend to be on FB. For every user they claim a book is burned somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

Rude, it’s sitting on top of the world. Pretty sure it’s off the GD’s first album, a cover of an older bluegrass or Americana tune. Kinda rare, caught it only once when Furthur opened with it. I had to google it to figure out what all those letters meant. 

• Forum MVP
54 minutes ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Rude, it’s sitting on top of the world. Pretty sure it’s off the GD’s first album, a cover of an older bluegrass or Americana tune. Kinda rare, caught it only once when Furthur opened with it. I had to google it to figure out what all those letters meant. 

Lol, I believe although wasn’t there a tune was played before sototw currently labeled by AC as ?

Update…listed on Hyryder FB page as Can’t come down.

Only know cause it was first song so on top of their page and I can make it out without having to join FB

• Forum MVP

Never heard can’t come down and I rarely get stumped. Meili is racing tea to name the song 1st during the FB streams and she was like what is this. I’ll be watching football and she’s on her phone watching the Hyryder stream. I did well my friends. Created a die hard. 

it’s sort of embarrassing that Greg didn’t think I knew sitting on top of the world. 😭😭😭