Boat Name

Billy DeLyon

Looks like I may be purchasing a small fishing vessel (14') in the next week or so.  My first boat, and every vehicle I own has to have a name.  Truck (The Silver Surfer) | Motorcycle (Toruk Makto) | Snowmobile (Honkytonk Badonkadonk) I'm thinking the boat name should be "Dead" inspired.  Any suggestions out there??  

Was leaning towards 'Wharf Rat' or possibly 'Scarlet>Fire'

Edited by Billy DeLyon

• Forum MVP

Right up my alley. I used to run a marina, worked on boats for twenty years. I call my twelve foot mega yacht ‘box of rain’ . If you leave the bilge plug in and wait long enough, you’ll have a box of rain. Had a ship of fools in the marina I used to run. Moved two rivers down the bay from the Bohemia to the Chester, ten years later, and had the same boat show up in a slip behind my house again. Saint of circumstance, dire wolf, estimated Prophet, sunshine daydream, and a row of dancing bears are all names that I have seen before. I call mine box of rain but just have a small stealie on the transom. Keepin’ it open, vague. It was either that or a long set list kinda thing of every female name mentioned in every Grateful Dead song ever played. You could wrap the hull in a stripe of names, one after the other, ....more or less in line....

• Like (+1) 1

The marina where my buddy docks his boat has a big sportfisher docked  there named “Stella Blue”. “Planks and Rails” would be a cool name for a boat. Good luck with the boat, hope you have some good fishing on it 😃

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...