Dark Star Jubilation, May 28-29, Legend Valley

Hardpan

• Forum MVP
5 minutes ago, isleeponacouch said:

I was just going on the previous history of Jubilee where bringing your chair and an entire cooler down to the stage from your campsite was the norm.  No vendors even sold booze in the venue.

I normally expect to sneak things at every single other show I go to - Jubilee was just always nice cause it was something you never had to worry about.

jubilee is the best for this reason. I expect it to be back to normal next year as the whole concert venue is your camping area. If the camping is in vip like duck suggest earlier(I expected it to be outside the gates in the parking lot where the park by car ga spots were) then you likely won’t have heavy security every time you enter the “concert grounds” and can prob put a few beers down your pants vs the heavier security at the top fence. But who knows. If every pod was a GA pod I’d expect the venue to mostly eliminate all but a few back pods and let the rest be just GA wherever you want. That’s the problem with selling numbered pods. The peeps who bought premium ones would be pissed to lose their front row spot to dancers. 

I just wish that Louisville show would eliminate the GA pods and let us groove freely and let the premium peeps keep their pods up front. I’m so over being caged in. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
9 hours ago, Rude said:

I just wish that Louisville show would eliminate the GA pods and let us groove freely and let the premium peeps keep their pods up front. I’m so over being caged in. 

The Billy “pods” were just 2 guardrails in an “L” shape open on two sides. I didn’t go up front to premium area but roaming and spreading out were not issues

• Forum MVP

Wtf. Shows Louisville has only lawns left????? Yesterday hours into the presale 90% of premium pods still unsold. Dso sold 500 4-6 person pods in a day when deadco is playing 2 shows the following month right there? What????

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Rude said:

Wtf. Shows Louisville has only lawns left????? Yesterday hours into the presale 90% of premium pods still unsold. Dso sold 500 4-6 person pods in a day when deadco is playing 2 shows the following month right there? What????

Hard to believe. When I got my presale tix plenty of reserved pods available although I got Front GA Pods.

Pent up demand in general is one thing but 2K tix that quick?

• Forum MVP
12 minutes ago, 2muchfun said:

Hard to believe. When I got my presale tix plenty of reserved pods available although I got Front GA Pods.

Pent up demand in general is one thing but 2K tix that quick?

lol my Ticketmaster defaults to 2 tickets and only way to buy a pair is lawn 😂. I changed to 4 and tons available lol

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP

FYI if you have camping passes you can go to your car or campsite if needed. If just regular tickets you cannot leave the concert venue or you won’t be readmitted. So if you aren’t camping you need to for sure bring plenty of rain gear. Looks like most will move through before the show luckily. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

I just analyzed the map. You may have a sprinkle but jubilee will be dry during show. May be muddy but won’t rain anything over maybe 10 minutes. Enjoy!!! I’m not good about analyzing spiraling storms but 90% accuracy on straight line ones. Cheers 

• Like (+1) 2

• Forum MVP
5 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Will miss seeing you Rude.

Good luck with Baby Boss.

Praise DSO.

We thought about coming with little boss but the rain and cold combo would have been too much for a 5 month old. Say hi to meili. I got Vegas. She got jubilation. Baby’s 1st show will be the soldier field parking lot shows as we will already be on Lake Michigan that week. Plus with parking lot shows we can put him in the car if it rains. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
13 hours ago, Rude said:

I just analyzed the map. You may have a sprinkle but jubilee will be dry during show. May be muddy but won’t rain anything over maybe 10 minutes. Enjoy!!! I’m not good about analyzing spiraling storms but 90% accuracy on straight line ones. Cheers 

A regular Jim Cantori we got here!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474h1c0lrwei7a733qa3

Jim's Stayin Alive.  That must mean Jubilators are getting 4/24/78 :) 

• LMAO 1

• Forum MVP
3 hours ago, Tea said:

A regular Jim Cantori we got here!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e474h1c0lrwei7a733qa3

Jim's Stayin Alive.  That must mean Jubilators are getting 4/24/78 :) 

if Jim cantore was in Thornville it’s best to just turn around and drive home. Last time he was in my town we didn’t have power from a 2” ice storm for a week. 

jim is mostly just the doomsday guy. If he’s coming to your town you need to leave. 

• Forum MVP

My forecast is being slightly adjusted from 10 minutes of rain to up to 30 minutes of rain mid show. It won’t be any Pocahontas though. Just hope peeps are dressed warm as 50 and wet = hypothermia. Poca was 4 straight hours of rain and it only got to 69 degrees and 1 member of our party never saw another show after that and another turned blue. 

• Forum MVP

Night one was an ‘85. Details fuzzy although it was probably one of the most unique setlists I’ve ever gotten in a recreation. Midnight hour opener. Stranger>Eyes to start the 2nd I think. A spoonful was in there after an awesome truckin. Jeff was in the zone on the outro jam in black Peter, probably my highlight of the night. The show was phenomenal. 
*wind was no joke. Sammy said “school and the long festival layoff has made me soft. I know this isn’t the coldest fest we’ve ever been to but I’m freezing my ass off.” 😆🤣Slept comfortably tho and more importantly everything is dry. Luke was extracted after the JBG/Baby Blue encore without incident and should be on his way home for graduation 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1