Caverns #2

Tea

• Forum MVP

Elective 

China Cat Sunflower > groovy > I Know You Rider, Red Rooster, Ramble on Rose, Black Throated Wind, Keep on Growing, Stagger Lee, Cumberland Blues, Music Never Stopped > Casey Jones

Jack Straw, Scarlet Begonias > GDTRFB > St Stephen > Drums > Dark Star Space > St Stephen > Aiko > Uncle John’s Band > China Doll > Uncle John’s Reprise 

E: Quinn The Eskimo

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP

Man it definitely was an awesome weekend. Luke’s schools tried to ruin it emailing that graduation is gonna be Jubilation Saturday putting me in quite the predicament. My boy says he ain’t missing 2 awesome days of music for a virtual graduation but his momma (my ex and non deadhead) says she’s watching that baby walk across a stage on graduation day

So my only option as I see it as a mature responsible adult is to attempt to get DSO to announce my boy as a graduate and let him walk across the stage in his cap and gown pre show or between bands so I can send videos to the family. Win win win everyone happy. 😆🤣

• Like (+1) 4
  • LMAO 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
12 hours ago, Dead duck said:

So my only option as I see it as a mature responsible adult is to attempt to get DSO to announce my boy as a graduate and let him walk across the stage in his cap and gown pre show or between bands so I can send videos to the family. Win win win everyone happy. 😆🤣

A very good idea for DSO to reconise the graduation of a good fan. Along with many others, we support this idea.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
21 hours ago, Dead duck said:

Man it definitely was an awesome weekend. Luke’s schools tried to ruin it emailing that graduation is gonna be Jubilation Saturday putting me in quite the predicament. My boy says he ain’t missing 2 awesome days of music for a virtual graduation but his momma (my ex and non deadhead) says she’s watching that baby walk across a stage on graduation day

your kids were at the caverns and I see them at many Dso shows so they are solid Dso supporters. Between shows would be a no brainer and not impact the timing of any performance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Wow thanks for the support everyone 😆🤣🤣

I however will likely go full marathon and drive back some time after music Friday and return to the valley post ceremony Saturday afternoon to satisfy all involved all the while ignoring the fact that I’m too stubborn/selfish to sell tix and miss the shows 😉

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

This show was smokin hot from bell to bell. That Cumberland in the first set bout took me out, 🥵. And damn them for following up with music never stopped (my heart almost did, haha). The second set brought the goods in a big way. I think Ed willed that St Stephen into the set list he wanted it so bad and to keep him humble it was sans William tell and the eleven (he wouldn’t have made it thru that, 😂). The drums/dark star space was unique and the perfect runway for a beautiful Wheel (my fav segue). Any show with a China doll is memorable to me and Jeff did not disappoint, jaw dropping delicate guitar work. Many thanks to the best band in the land with the best crew in the business!!

ps: this night we had “my dad made me get this stupid job” security assigned to our section, haha. Our whole area was out of control and never said a word. 

pss: count my vote for Ducks boy to walk the stage at jubilation!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Forum MVP
56 minutes ago, LIkeEveryOne said:

Two days of great music, great weather.  Maybe in my top 10 , and i met Rude, and Gr8fulpair.  Also witnessed their pod breakout.  That sums it up.  
praise dso 

Haha, grate dancing with you brother. I think you spent some time in every pod in our section!! The vibe was just killer. Take away all those fucking ropes and sticks and it almost felt back to normal. 

ps: I forgot to mention that I heard no drop in Eatons mastery of the rhythm guitar work. My wife broke her wrist similar to Eaton about a month before he did and the recovery has been no joke. That dude mustuv worked his ass off to get to where he is now. Good job Rob 👍!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

Set 2 Saturday night we went right up front between the 1st 2 rows with no hassle. We wanted to try to inspire the band with our dancing. By the end of the show another 20 people had amassed there. Security just walked around us and let us groove. Never been big on seat assignments at dead shows. It’s funny because at the deadco Wrigley shows, the 3 sections right behind home plate are always unsold and of course that’s where we went and saw lots of Dso peeps that also realized they could have a row to themselves in that area. It seems to me that the Dso fans are mostly in the top few percentile of biggest deadheads. That being said, there were more tourists at the caverns shows than you usually see at Dso shows. Large pods of 30-40yr olds Seated the whole time not dancing isn’t a typical Dso show. Half of the deadco crowds are tourists it seems but many Dso shows I’ve seen had 100% get down participation. The pods take away from the energy for sure. I get that the venue or Dso doesn’t want a WaPo story about them creating a super spreader event and doesn’t want to be put into the Ted Nugent category even though technically tennessee has eliminated most restrictions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
8 hours ago, Rude said:

“I get that the venue or Dso doesn’t want a WaPo story about them creating a super spreader event and doesn’t want to be put into the Ted Nugent category even though technically tennessee has eliminated most restrictions”

Ted fighting the battle as we speak. Hope he flies thru it, but has a moment of reflection. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
1 hour ago, gr8fulpair said:

“I get that the venue or Dso doesn’t want a WaPo story about them creating a super spreader event and doesn’t want to be put into the Ted Nugent category even though technically tennessee has eliminated most restrictions”

Ted fighting the battle as we speak. Hope he flies thru it, but has a moment of reflection. 

You think the NSA injected him? False flag operation? What do they have on Ted to make him say that? Q said add 23 + 55 then subtract the initials of obama’s 3rd pet and it’s the cia ID number of the guy who is holding Cat scratch fever hostage. Next thing you will see is Ted recommending a vaccine. That’s when you know the torture began. Stay tuned. q won’t let us down....besides promising trump would be stopping the Hillary and pelosi sex Slave ring. But hes really just biding his time. Smart move. The real inauguration is now pushed back to July 5th(the true Independence Day). 

• Forum MVP

Sweet shows...great venue with good sound and since my pod mate was the proverbial wanderer could dance with plenty of room.

Prefer pods over parked car. Vaccinations obviously immaterial and fear that won’t change. 

Love how when China Doll or Stella Blue ( fri night) began you could hear a pin drop...even on the grass, with the moon beaming, and trees in back of venue lit up beautifully.

• Like (+1) 3