Salvage Station 8/27 & 8/28 Asheville, NC

• Forum MVP

Yay! Let’s dance it out in Asheville!!

Pisgah is still closed to music but the Salvage Station is open! Holds about 2300 people. Outdoor venue ( also indoor for winter)

Uber is best to get there but there is parking. Tickets on sale Friday this Friday 7/23 at 10 am

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Lol I have these JRAD tickets for St. Louis for 15 months originally 4/2020 and its the same weekend as these Dso shows. Now have to sell them on CashorTrade......gotta get it with my peeps. Meili isn’t happy it’s same weekend as she has sisters in the Lou who babysit for us. I want 2 weekends 😭

• Like (+1) 2

Tickets in hand ... I saw a mention of two day passes but did not find the link! That said, we're looking forward to a real good time.

I live only an hour away but need to find a room for Friday night. Anybody know where the crowd will be?

Found a place for $111.00 with tax.

Mountaineer Inn
155 Tunnel Road, 28805

Seems casual enough in that the only complaint was people enjoying themselves into the night. Less than 3 miles from the venue.

• Forum MVP

Hell yeah, finally some hometown shows since moving to this area last year! And a birthday show to boot!! My last birthday show was 8-28-88, Eugene Oregon autzen stad, Grateful Dead, Robert cray band, jimmy cliff. Show was from 3pm to midnight, lol. I slept half the afternoon, haha. We were on no sleep from the Tacoma show 2 days earlier. 

ps: I’d like to request a recreation of 4-29-71 for Sat night…. Shocker huh?!?!?’

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Great. Now we won’t get those out of principle. Good job guys. There’s 2 of the 2300 likely ruled out unless me saying they won’t do a request gets them to say screw it, that sounds like a great show and we are going to do it just because he said we won’t do it. Lots of psychology and reverse psychology in my analysis so working both angles. So now dr b has to show as he can’t risk getting that show and not being there. He’d never recover. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Yeah - an admittedly dangerous game.  I was merely trying to remind Gr8fulpair that the HTH from 4/29/71 is the little brother of the one from 8/6/71.  Don't agree?  I've already sought the wisdom and counsel of Ron Burgundy:

tenor.gif?itemid=12449331

• LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP
On 7/27/2021 at 2:52 PM, Tea said:

Yeah - an admittedly dangerous game.  I was merely trying to remind Gr8fulpair that the HTH from 4/29/71 is the little brother of the one from 8/6/71.  Don't agree?  I've already sought the wisdom and counsel of Ron Burgundy:

tenor.gif?itemid=12449331

Dude, the body of work that surrounds that HTH is unmatched by any show, combined with the absolutely surreal guitar work by Jerry and soul pillaging vocals from Pig. You can just keep your anti 4/29 rhetoric to yourself and then put it in your pipe and smoke it (cause eventually everything gets smoked). Most importantly brother, love you man!! ❤️❤️😂✌️ 

• Like (+1) 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

The debate is scheduled for 4pm that Saturday. We have a panel of 3 moderators. Each of you will have 90 seconds on your question then the other will have a 30 second rebuttal period. Be prepared for a 90 minute debate. The moderators will all be freshly prepped on the 2 shows in question. If either of you pull a “Sir, you are no__________” you will be penalized.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Asheville is masked up with the delta variant wreaking  havoc. 

here is the Salvage Station covid policy. 

https://salvagestation.com/covid-policy/

all this stuff aside this girl has out her boogie shoes. I’ll take whatever the download is, even if it’s Queen Jane.  The Salvage Station has a great vibe. The river close by is a plus. See you friskers in hours…. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Forum MVP

Asheville is good fun.   Orange Peel sort of blows.   Asheville not known to be a hard ass curfew town, but who knows these days.   Definitely a hippy town compared to mine.

.....PG.......Even if a Queen Jane----wont you come and see me------I forget thats a song to your dislike.   If they do a Queen Jane, we could be lucky enough to get a Desolation-----I bet I would still seeing you dancing approximately!!   Getting on the road in 30 heading out towards Western NC.  

Good crowd showing up for these shows!!!

• Like (+1) 2