Easy Wind

Terrapin (extra suite parts)*^

Drums

Playin

Visions

Playin

SSDD

E. Touch

I could have named maybe 6of these without the boys. 🤣😆  We feel like this is pretty close if not it. Holy moly man what a show. Band was on fire. Having a blast it seemed especially for the Charlie Watts tribute. Place was magic. Awesome people everywhere you went. Early ass 6:00 show tho. Back to Motel, showered and Luke already smashed Mexican Leftovers and in bed by 11. 🤣😆 bout to go find me some snacks. Night 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Forum MVP

Well. I’m still up taking in the wonderful afterglow of the show. So I figure I will give this review thing a try. I’m not sure I can do hardpan justice but I’ll do the best I can. 

Our flight got us here with just enough time to make it to the show on time. 6 PM show on East Coast is rough to make when you flying out from Colorado. I think we doing great. Rental car out on time then I put on the GPS and damn 2 accidents leaving Atlanta. GPS now says 640 arrival time. Mind goes here we go again. People here know I have some history being late to the show. However I drive with some purpose and park at 612. 

They start playing as I get in the line to get in. I start swaying and impatiently dancing as the line proceeds to take two songs get inside. I’m going to give you a little TMI here cause i know you looking to feel like you were right there at the show. But I got to go number 2. From the plane ride and the car my legs shaking while sitting on the John. Jack straw is playing as I emerge from bathroom. I grab a drink with my lady and hit the show. 

The first set is was a disjointed experience for me. First of all, I’m late albeit a heard every song. Asheville is like a family reunion here. I knew at least 25 people. 10 to 12 very close friends. So I mostly spend the first set saying hello. Making eye contact. Waves and hugs. I do take a moment during liberty to let the catharsis set in. I needed this show. I just violated my probation and spent 40 days in custody. 20 days in Park County. Two days on a transport van. And another 18 in Lafayette county. Lafayette county is no joke. Place is a federal hold. My ass isn’t cut out for that shit. I am so joyous to have my liberty back but struggle to dance. This place is cool and we should be so thankful to have any place to go dance but damn those rocks hurt and make for some treacherous movement. I am unfortunately getting a drink during so many roads so I mostly miss out on what that experience could’ve been. The stones tribute was cool but I’m here for Dead music. I had however just told whitney of the passing on the ride down. Honkytonk provided a good singalong and then set ended. 

The second set is were a truly achieved lift off. I was on fire from sugar magnolia on. Rocks no rocks I dance it on all. I moving and grooving with my people celebrating life. Just so happy to be here with all of you. I love the Easy Wind always love that one with the sand which and everything. Terrapin has me pumping my hands in the air and just mouthing words in what was really a shout in my head. I’m getting to Terrapin at least for the night. I sure as hell know I’ve crawled my way here. Clawed my way too. It sure has been a long hard climb. Skip sang that one for us here at the house after the show. However the real moment of the night for me was the Visions. Jeff sounded fantastic here. Both instrumentally and vocally. He transported me back to Park County where I spent a few nights crying out loud all alone for Delilah and Whitney. But it was all to concise and too clear. That they were not here. I cried. And rejoice at having them back. And cried some more. I let the rollercoaster of emotion ride over me. Twist and turn me do a few inverted loops and then roll back down over me backwards. After moments like these I often keep dancing but the show is essentially over for me. I got what I came for. So I spin out the rest of the show basking in the glow of the climax. And what a climax. Some have said this is better than sex. Sometimes I have to agree. What a release. What a show. What a great time to be with you guys again transported to that never land created by the Grateful Dead by DSO. Thank you so much band and crew. I needed this. Just keep sending the bus. I will be waiting at that stop as often as I can. I may even still take the wheel from time to time. Ready for round 2. 

Love is Real

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I loved it all but that second set was a thing of beauty!  Easy wind and playin sandies with Mystery Train and and a stunning Visions for the filling!

My Cup runnith over!  Great music, great people - ready for round 2!  Thanks DSO and crew ❤️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Some list.

Love the Easy Wind sandwich,

Do not think I have ever heard

DSO do Mystery Train.

Rest up and enjoy Sat. nite all.

Praise DSO.

the start of set 2 was as fast a start as you can have. Easy wind is a fast dancer then put maybe the fastest Jerry tune in mystery train in the middle. I was gassed after that start. The 6pm start time was rough. Long travel day then 1st set trying to stay in the shade. I took it a bit easy. I usually try to get a week of cardio into each show and I got that week during the start of set 2 but also took some breaks. With limited shows, I’m not in the same shape I used to be getting 40+ shows a year so taking a break is nice for a few songs. The rocks were a pain. We may try the mulch tonight. I miss being able to have dinner before show with all our friends but the early start time makes it impossible but makes for a fun after party. See everyone tonight 

• Like (+1) 3

Now that’s the definition of fortitude Banjo. !!!  I stopped give Best Post awards . It became too competitive. 

i will c u tonight

the mulch is thick but give it a try 

i spent the time clearing the gravel down to dirt.

might look for some flat grass somewhere tonight 

met a guy named gr8ful and Tea and a Poetrygirl last night. Good people 

great vibes. Looking forward to another super Show. 
one more thing try White Duck taco before show 

• Like (+1) 2