The Return of the "Q"

Tea

• Forum MVP

We are doubtful. Between it being a difficult ticket and the travel expenses. Plus having two kids. It’s just not in the cards. I even think we gonna have to sit Cincinnati out. I’m hopeful we get more DSO before Jamaica but if that’s the case Jamaica will be all that much sweeter. We get that Halloween run here in Colorado too. Not DSO but certainly quality Dead music. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

I’m kinda concerned about the lack of shows on the horizon. When you think about the work it takes to get a venue booked, lead up time for ticket sales, etc., I get more concerned. It’s not like this Covid shit is easing up and indoor venues are ok. There’s still time and we all have plenty of hope but yikes! I need a show, Especially after reading that set list from the last show. 

• Forum MVP

We’ve been here before, not too long ago. A little different that time, scheduled shows were postponed then canceled. DSO found a way and they came back, playing to cars in parking lots. It worked, felt good. That evolved into outdoor shows. That’s fine, it’s summertime. Now Covid is evolving (because its still hanging around) , there’s great concern if we are honest with ourselves. It is simultaneously to be feared and respected. It is wise on the band’s part to not have anything scheduled for the fall (yet!) some more outdoors shows would be nice but I understand how they’re not scheduling indoor events yet. We just don’t know. They need and love us as much as we need and love them. They’ll find a way. They haven’t let us down yet. 
….seems a common way to go….

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Here’s the thing. DSO could schedule a 13 show tour over 16 days indoors but the economics likely aren’t there. How many will come to an indoor Indy show on a Tuesday right now? I just don’t think anything other than destination outdoor weekends makes fiscal sense right now and once it gets cold we are screwed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

There’s gotta be something bigger going on here. Last Halloween they did three nights at Fredrick fairgrounds, Maryland. It went so well they came back in the spring. Why can’t that be something we’re looking forward to right now? They’re not even scheduling outdoor shows. Makes you wonder if those drive in shows were financially worth their while for the band.  Sure hope I’m wrong and dates get announced. Orchestra withdrawal is the worst. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:59 AM, Rude said:

New York is never in my plans. It sort of intimidates me with the thought of driving plus everything costs so much. It would be nice to see Vic up in

Por Chess’ tuh. 

Yea man would love to catch up at my home base the cap. I checked out tickets and it’s like 180 cheapest. I’m debating it but that seems steep man. Lataaaa rudeeee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Not a bad way to kick off the Cap Theatre run (10/11/21):

Set 1:
Mason's Children
Doin' That Rag
The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys >
So What >
The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
She Said, She Said
Night of 1000 Stars

Set 2:
Shakedown Street >
Viola Lee Blues > 
New Speedway
Broken Arrow
Cryptical Envelopment >
Wharf Rat >
The Other One >
I Know You Rider

Encore:
The Real Thing

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Went last night. Little slow out the gate but the show from help on the way to the end was absolutely smokin.

Very cool to see them reprise so what, low spark and wharf rat during dark star. 

musically, it doesn’t hit those searing highs of blissful euphoria for me but they have great chemistry and communication. Very playful and impressive playing. Molo and Herring are the real deal. Barraco was outstanding handling a lot of the vocals as well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

I’ve been streaming these shows and thoroughly enjoying…The Q was a great run back in their heyday and they sound excellent at these shows…

Really fun to get to hear Barraco singing so much…stuff like China Cat, Franklins, The Wheel,,etc…

Tight band with all top notch musicians! Helps me remember how much I enjoyed catching this band 20 years ago.

Also fun to notice Skip grooving up near the rail in the crowd on night 3 😉

• Like (+1) 1