Dark Star Jubilee 2022

LangeradoSoul

• Forum MVP

We really dodged a bullet on jubilee weather. If it was this weekend it was gonna be highs around 90 and lows in the low 70’s. That would be brutal and peeps would be falling out. Luckily it’s looking like highs around 70 and lows around 55 next weekend. That’s pretty much ideal. Would be nice for it to be a little cooler overnight but can’t complain about that weather!!

• Like (+1) 4

• Forum MVP
On 5/21/2022 at 12:19 PM, chuckvegas said:

I think EDC (here this weekend) should leave its setup set up for next weekend and the Jubilee should come to me.

vegas jubilee is being planned for late June next year. It’s gonna be on this gorgeous patch of desert. No rain for sure. Heard there’s gonna be a danceathon from 10am to 8pm. Whoever keeps dancing for 10 straight hours wins a Sports bottle and a coozie and an ambulance ride!!

First time poster and first time going to the Jubilee. I live about 40 minutes from Legend Valley and wondering what time to show up Friday for entry. I read the notice that folks will be admitted entry at noon.

And that people who show up early will be turned away.

So my question is if I show up at 10 am or 10:30 am is that doing it wrong. I don't need to be the first one in but I'd like to avoid some of the rush if that's even a possibility. Not expecting to be let in early but assuming there will be some sort of line of cars forming prior to 12 pm.

Edited by BrotherEsau
  • Like (+1) 1

Schedule with times out, also, looks like offering one day and two day tickets on website now. Previously it seems those only offered at gates, so hopefully this is a good sign that ticket sales are good.

hope everyone is healing up from last week, and lord willin, see you in a few days

• Forum MVP

This hurricane on land just isn’t freaking moving. Looks like it could be rainy Friday or it may not rain at all. Depends on if this 1500 mile wide blob happens to be over us or just a small band going through. Luckily it will be gone Saturday and should just be light rain Friday even though could be all day light rain. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP

So if it’s anyones 1st time at jubilee you need to know 1 thing. 

1. Never leave jubilee with anything that can get you in trouble. Throw your bowls in the trash before you leave. The state troopers have a spotter and they pull over dozens of people a year Monday morning on the interstate. They only pull over festival goers. We see them ransacking peoples cars. We’ve had friends get arrested the day after jubilee. Leave it behind. Don’t be stupid. On a busy interstate, 3 miles down the road a trooper pulls out of the median behind me going the speed limit. Stays on my tail for 5 minutes then veers off—-Spotters at the interstate entrance. Several years we’ve seen 3 cars pulled over going east with cops emptying backpacks at every car. 2019 was the only year I didn’t see this of my 8 years. If they pull you over they are gonna find it. Have your 3 days of fun and freedom and toss it Monday morning. 

cheers 

• Thanks (+1) 3

• Forum MVP
10 minutes ago, Rude said:

So if it’s anyones 1st time at jubilee you need to know 1 thing. 

1. Never leave jubilee with anything that can get you in trouble. Throw your bowls in the trash before you leave. The state troopers have a spotter and they pull over dozens of people a year Monday morning on the interstate. They only pull over festival goers. We see them ransacking peoples cars. We’ve had friends get arrested the day after jubilee. Leave it behind. Don’t be stupid. On a busy interstate, 3 miles down the road a trooper pulls out of the median behind me going the speed limit. Stays on my tail for 5 minutes then veers off—-Spotters at the interstate entrance. Several years we’ve seen 3 cars pulled over going east with cops emptying backpacks at every car. 2019 was the only year I didn’t see this of my 8 years. If they pull you over they are gonna find it. Have your 3 days of fun and freedom and toss it Monday morning. 

cheers 

I concur and have witnessed the same. I have left Monday’s consistently at 6 am or so and see them setting up at interstate entrance.

Leaving early and flying solo have helped me avoid the reds and blues.

I hate the ritual of watching the weather for the Jubilee weekend come together. It changes 3 times a day. In the end, it *almost* always works out.

I know today where I live it was forecasting rain/cloudy with 60% chance. It was partly sunny and we got a pop up sprinkle for 30 seconds. My hope is Friday is the same, rain in the morning, and hopefully in the 70s.

also, yeah, rude is right about the highways. Keep your windows clean 

• Forum MVP
6 hours ago, 2muchfun said:

.... see them setting up at interstate entrance.

Leaving early and flying solo have helped me avoid the reds and blues.

I have seen that a safer path is to not take the interstate exit from the Jubilee. Several years I have taken the smaller "back roads" going south from the Jubilee and never seen any cops that way.   If you are exiting the Jubilee by way of the main gate you turn left (south) rather than turning right toward the interstate.  Go carefully through the nearby small town and then find your path home. If necessary you can pick up the interstate at a different location.

Peace, Love, and Safe Traveling

Doc

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1