Winter tour part 2

• Forum MVP

🎁 New shows announced! 🎁

Join us for the second leg of Winter Tour, stopping at a venue near you! Get ready to dance 💃🕺

3/10 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
3/11, 3/12 - Portland, ME - State Theatre
3/14, 3/15 - Burlington, VT - Higher Ground
3/17 - Utica, NY - Stanley Theatre
3/18 - Ithaca, NY - State Theatre
3/19 - Ellicottville, NY - Railroad Rider Jamboree 
3/21 - Harrisburg, PA - XL Live
3/24 - Newport, KY - Ovation
3/25- Washington D.C. - The Anthem
3/26 - Richmond, VA - The National

Tickets on sale this Friday, Dec. 17!

We May partake in the spring portion of these. Yay. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Forum MVP

If anyone is hitting the Newport show and needs a place to stay and a ride to the airport to make the DC show, let me know. We got a private room with futon and two long, sleeping couches (also a twin bedsize air matress for folks to crash. HotelAC currently has vacancies

You can leave your car at my place and I'll pick you up on return from Richmond or DC. 

• Like (+1) 4

Starting out the second leg of winter tour in my state, yay! I went to the last DSO show at the palladium (2017?) and it's a cool place. It is actually "cool" too, which makes for a comfortable night of dancing. I hope they haven't upgraded the heating system 😜

DSO has been giving the NE some serious love, and I am so here for it! 

Psyched for a lot of these shows! 

Edited by NorthEast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Aaahh, Spring tour !!!

There’s a band down on the highway, they’re high stepping’ into town…

….. let there be songs, to fill the air…

66.666666666% winter tour. I’m ready for winter solstice. It’s the worst day of the year, but right after the days get longer and longer!! Unfortunately they are still getting shorter...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP
18 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Late March not 70 in Portland, ME?

Pack the good puffy.

Praise DSO.

the way it works is the March 19 show is cold because it’s still winter and the March 21 show is nice but a tad crisp because it’s spring. It’s a switch that flips every year. Then on Memorial Day weekend all bets are off as the weather people go on holiday and the season changing machines are attended by interns. It’s either 28 degrees or 85 degrees. Then a senator complains to the NWS and we see nice 75/55 jubilee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Forum MVP

The plan is drive to cincy. See show. Fly direct to Reagan(it’s 2 miles from the venue). Hotel. See show. Next morning rent a car. Drive to Richmond 2 hours. Hotel. See show. Drive back to Reagan in morning. Drop off the 1 day rental and fly back to cincy. Grab car. Drive home. I don’t suggest flying out of Richmond unless you want 1-2 connections. Plus you would need a train from DC to Richmond. We’ve done it before in reverse with the train which made the flight home from Reagan easy. 

if you haven’t done the anthem yet, many of the hotels are right next to the airport and a super fast Uber to the Wharf. Or you can pay $500 to be at a hotel next to the venue, the intercontinental or whatever it’s called.  There are literally hundreds of hotels within 2-3 miles of the venue. But Reagan is so nice as it’s not crowded at all and an easy in and out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
On 12/21/2021 at 4:59 PM, Greg from Chestertown said:

Anthem, in the back, right side of sound board, alongside Julie Andrews. 

is that Hardpan’s new nickname? Is it because she played Mary Poppins and she flew in on an umbrella and he uses umbrellas over his mics at outdoor shows?  That’s gotta be it. 

• LMAO 2
  • 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

So we are in for Cincy, DC and Richmond. Booked a direct RT flight from cincy to Reagan and then it asked do you want to upgrade to 1st class for $75 a person. I’m like hell yes!!! RT 1st class for less than $250. Thats a deal!!! Actually used miles that have been accumulating for a while. Renting a car at the airport Saturday morning and driving to Richmond then back to DC early Sunday to catch a flight back. 

We contemplated doing Panic in Vegas as it’s on her actual birthday but this will be our belated 50/30 birthday celebration and didn’t want to have to do Vegas in a freaking mask at Caesar’s properties. Screw that. Going to do JRAD the weekend before to get us in shape to be ready to dance as long as the pageant eliminates their mask mandate. Doing athletic activities in a mask just isn’t for me. What’s funny is we had JRAD tix from their original 2020 shows in St. Louis and it’s been rescheduled a whopping 4x. 

• Forum MVP

I realized when getting tickets for the Newport show today that this new venue will be the 6th venue in the cincy area I've seen DSO play. Bogart, Coney (Moonlight gardens), Taft,  Riverfront live,  Madison and now Ovation. That's a lot of different venues for one city but they have been playing here since 98

• Like (+1) 4