Non Jam bands I’d like to go see

Rude

• Forum MVP

I plan to go see Metallica the next time they come near. Saw them once in 1991 and want to take meili to a show. They are the biggest touring band in the world. Would be a completely different experience. When I was 19 saw them at SIU arena and was enhanced and had a blast. 2 set show proper. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
11 hours ago, DesertDead said:

Tool.

RHCP with John Frusciante.  I’ve seen them, but it’s been a while.

Next show I’m going to is Goose, but they are obviously a jam band.  It’s next week here in Tempe.

I saw tool in 2002/3 in Nashville. Was an awesome show. Was on the GA floor but you had to stay 50 feet back or you were in a violent mosh pit. The 1st 30 feet led to blood. The next 15 was casual moshing. I stayed behind that lol. 

Brit Floyd puts on one helluva show.  But if you go prepared to be in your seat at a theater the whole time.  It's weird not being up and dancing.  A few tunes you can get up but it's like a hockey game, if you're standing the people behind you kind of frown upon it.  

https://www.britfloyd.com/tour-dates/269-2022-north-america

7 minutes ago, Billy DeLyon said:

Brit Floyd puts on one helluva show.  But if you go prepared to be in your seat at a theater the whole time.  It's weird not being up and dancing.  A few tunes you can get up but it's like a hockey game, if you're standing the people behind you kind of frown upon it.  

https://www.britfloyd.com/tour-dates/269-2022-north-america

Exactly.  You really cannot refer to Brit Floyd as a cover band anymore than any of us would call DSO a 'cover band'. I am not slamming cover bands, I enjoy all of them. If you are able to catch a Brit Floyd show; do it!

• Forum MVP

We saw Led Zeppelin 2 with I forget which Floyd tribute at ascend amphitheater in Nashville. We were in a VIP box and people in the lawn were shouting for us to sit down. 2x I’ve been screamed at at that venue to sit down. Ignored both times even though van Morrison was tough as it was like 20 straight minutes with security called on me and people coming up and harassing me. 

2 hours ago, Dead duck said:

I may do the blue Ox fest this year. It’s mostly or all bluegrass in Wisconsin. Bela Fleck with a kickass bluegrass lineup, Del, Sam Bush, Rumpke. If nothing better pops up on those dates it’s a solid maybe

I saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones about two years ago in NJ State Theater.  

It had been 15-20 years since I have seen them live.

Absolutely fantastic.......as good as ever.  Virtuosity is not over-rated.  

• Forum MVP

The worst issue is the harassment for dancing or standing at non jam band shows. You aren’t surrounded by the like minded and the harassment can get rough. 

On 1/21/2022 at 3:52 PM, Greg from Chestertown said:

No thanks, I’ll just have me another helping of Dark Star, if that’s ok.  
 ….eat it up, don’t try to understand….

If you only will see dso you went a long time without a show during 20/21.  
I’ll be seeing JRAD St. Louis the weekend before we do dso cincy DC Richmond. More music is more music.