Random thought

Ammagamalin Crew

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

At 1st they didn’t want to say anything but eventually I guess it got to a point where they needed to but it’s not like anyone heeded the letter. I have the newspaper somewhere about the Memphis Pyramid spring 95 shows. They estimated there were 50k people there and only 15k had tickets. They said it was the biggest external gathering of people outside tennessee for a concert ever. We got tix an hour into the phone sales and prob got near the last ones as we were the furthest you could get to the side of the stage up high. But what I remember is 10’s of thousands outside holding up a finger. 35k without a ticket trying for the probably 500 extras if that many. After we went to the madhouse that was Beale Street. 10k tripping peeps roaming. BB king was playing at his blues bar but you couldn’t get in but Bo Diddley was playing at a packed club but they opened the doors so we could hear. There were 200 or so people all getting down on the street. Was pretty cool. As the night wore on we realized one of us was gonna have to drive back to a buddys place and we weren’t sure exactly where it was. I don’t know how we ever found it. I guess back then you really had to pay attention to where you were and now you pretty much have no clue b/c we mindlessly follow Waze directions. In the day if you went somewhere once you’d know how to get there again. I’ve been to the Pageant in St. Louis a bunch and couldn’t tell you how to get there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Forum MVP
2 hours ago, bs69 said:

Same thing?

I think this one might be it

5 hours ago, Tea said:

No Deadbase . soooo:

What song has the longest hiatus of from last time played to next time played?  I’m going to guess New Speedway Boogie.  Whatcha Got?

Speedway was 1970 to 1991 - I think 

1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

Attics 

70-89?  I think

• Forum MVP

Gotcha all beat - Hey Jude.  3-1-69 then 3-22-90; 1522 shows.

True, the Hey Jude finale showed up in '85 after Mr Fantasy, and also true the 3-22-90 version was more an attempt by Brent to sing the entire song than a successful stab at doing so, but still... 

• Like (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...