Rex Foundation Benefit Show!

• Forum MVP

Links no longer work correctly so here ya go:

We are heading to The Greek! Join us Saturday, July 13 at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA in celebration of the Rex Foundation's 40 years and $10,000,000 in grants!  This unforgettable evening of music at this iconic venue is a 100% benefit concert for The Rex Foundation and features us recreating the Dead's 7/13/84 performance at Greek Theatre for its 40th anniversary!

We'll also be joined by special guests Melvin Seals and JGB warming up what will be a perfect summer evening.

Let's come together to celebrate the power of community, the magic of music, and the incredible impact of the Rex Foundation. Each grant has contributed to meaningful change, and this is a momentous occasion to reflect on the positive ripples we've all created.  We hope you can join us for this 100% benefit concert commemorating Rex's milestone achievement!

DSO Presale tickets go on sale this Wednesday, February 14 at 10 AM PST with pre-sale code: BERTHA.

Public on sale starts this Friday, February 16 at 10 AM PST.

#RexFoundation #40YearsOfGrants #MusicForChange #Grateful #GratefulDead #philanthropy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Wow! That's so nice. Just acknowledging this show and then announcing it will be played again is very generous. If there were ever dark star to play this, it is the current band. A step in the same propensity as when 6/24/85 was gifted. A Saturday night just one kind day away from the Fri the 13th original. Thanks for the announcement Good luck everybody!

• Forum MVP

I don’t mind knowing the show but I’ll never look at the set list. Don’t wanna know what’s played. Cotter needs to channel his inner Healy on these. My only qualm is Dso doesn’t mess with the sound like the dead did mid 80’s. Saw Dso do the summer 85 riverbend show without any of the crazy delay that Healy did on GSET. Gimmick or not it’s not really an era recreation without taking the good with the bad and make that shit echo and on those other ones, give Eaton the demon voice. Demon voice!!! If you were dosed in the 80s which was a 90%+ certainty, those effects would send you to space. Saw the 1st deadco tour train wreck when they still played normal tempo in 2015 Fall and during west LA fadeaway they added some delay that made me almost lose my shit. Had to shake my head to come back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
2 hours ago, PoetryGirl said:

checking my bucket list

when they announce just 1 show without connectors I can’t do anything. Was like that Atlanta show in the fall. Single show announce then a bit later the connectors. Unfortunately I can’t do a single show but gimme 3 shows in a spot and maybe I’m in. 

oh crap we are at the beach that week blah. 

• Forum MVP

Oh boy since I’ll be at the beach I decided to play this show. Seems a good show until might as well and prob the worst job Jerry ever did remembering the lyrics. I was like wow he was completely winging it like he hadn’t sung it in years. He’s forgotten more lyrics to an Althea but maybe not might as well. I don’t envy the band having to go soooo deep into a catalog written by a poet. We covid do a Katy Perry tribute with 2 times singing along to any song but with Hunter, it ain’t happening. There may be a few if you that can sing Everything song perfect but I ain’t the one. 

Edit: and if you are playing the show, use the matrix from John A’s 4TB drive. The SBD levels aren’t great and the matrix brings it together better. I assume you are all listening to his mega drive as you sip your cocktails tonight. This show does have a SBD, matrix, and 2 different audience recordings although not one of his personal aud ones. Only a few not available anywhere else did he deem worthy of being included on the drive. Speaking of that I believe mine is about in need of an update with all the releases since this time. 

• Forum MVP
22 hours ago, PortlandHead said:

Hey folks- I've got Pit tickets for the show and I'm seeing that they show seating for that area on the ticket site.  Does anyone know if the Pit will have seating or will be a free for all dance area? 

There are no seats in the pit area of the Greek; the latter.