Throwing Stones->

Not Fade Away->

Midnight Hour->

Palace

encore: Pain in my heart  

*Dinos 25th anniversary with DSO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Forum MVP

Peace of my heart, take another little piece of my heart.
You know you got it. if it makes you feel good. 

i just love this era Dancing. 
so hapoy to see Doc!!! Its been too long. 
what an amazing night - sweet freedom- . Id like to do that again tonight 
wowzah 

Theyve played piece of my heart before. 
first though for I wanna Make love to you. Ole Etta James 

Oh, all I wanna do, all I wanna do is cook your bread
Just to make sure that you're well fed
I don't want you sad and blue
And I just wanna make love to you”

❤️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Jeff did that drawn out, gut wrenching solo on Loser and oh, it cut deep. Cassidy always dreamy, Ramble was chunky and funky. Big thunderstorm at set break extended it to about an hour or just over. Was really worried with all the lightning they would cancel the rest of the show since we had already gotten a set done. But the cell moved on east and they came back out ready to lay it down, and that they did.  Could hear a pin drop several moments in ship of fools, Barroco slayed that just wanna make love to you. Sung in sort of a Pig/Brent combo style. From Terrapin on just a pure magic carpet ride! So great to have Doc on the road again, I did more steps both nights than Rude and PG out swirled both of us, haha. Thanks again to band and crew who worked a little harder than usual with the weather situation. Also Dino announced last night it was the 25th anniversary of his first show playing with dso. Wow. Way to hang in there Dino!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Forum MVP
21 hours ago, BillK522 said:

Since fatherhood, Rude has lost a step.

Still nice to see him showing up though.

Praise DSO.

it’s funny b/c he never asked me my steps. He said his. I didn’t want to engage a phone to check.  

this is also 1st time DSO played I just want to make love to you by Foghat I believe. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP
5 hours ago, Rude said:

it’s funny b/c he never asked me my steps. He said his. I didn’t want to engage a phone to check.  

this is also 1st time DSO played I just want to make love to you by Foghat I believe. 

Etta James is the woman with the tune and words…..

as snoopy says, to dance is to live; to live is to dance!

• Forum MVP
1 hour ago, Greg from Chestertown said:

So, I Just Want to Make love to You was sung by Pigpen in 1966, a couple of times by Brent in 1984, and once by Jerry in 1995. Showstopper stuff there. 

1 hour ago, PoetryGirl said:

Sure.  i like her singing it. 😜 how bold for 1960! a woman with the tune and the kyrics….  

well, i like you singing it best. 

Etta= Force of Nature;-) She changed the lyrics and made it her own

Merci!!

• Forum MVP
15 hours ago, Rbarracoph said:

Etta= Force of Nature;-) She changed the lyrics and made it her own

Merci!!

that was a 1st time played by DSO I think? Def a 1st for me

• Forum MVP

Wonderful time with friends again at a DSO show and staying on the mountain top at C&K’s home. Two good friends from Georgia and East London came along with me , both rookies for DSO. We ran into a hail storm on the way to the show. Before the music my nephew, Willy,  and his wife, Mary Helen, were talking to me but after a few minutes I had to say, “I’m sorry but I don’t know who you are”…shows you how smoky my head was at the time.  First set was strong dancing right on the rail next to Melie.  When Jen came down to dance I realized I was between the two most beautiful ladies at the show.  At set break we realized that I had not eaten anything all day so Donna took my hand and led me to some good food. We took shelter and ate while the thunderstorm passed by.  Latter my good friend, The Englishman Derek, was craving a candy bar but could not find one anywhere. I went on a quest and came back with a bowl of big peanut M&Ms which a vendor gave me from his personal stash. It’s these little fun things that add to the music and dancing that make DSO shows so magical.

Peace and Love, Doc

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Forum MVP

Unwelcome news from the folks who run Salvage Station:

***Sad News Alert***

Hello, to all of our dear supporters!

We have some sad news to share with you regarding the latest information from the North Carolina Department of Transportation. By eminent domain, they are acquiring the property we lease at 466 Riverside Drive and have given us an official timeline. We have until the end of this year to finish our 2024 season and then must vacate the property to make way for the I-26 Connector project. 

Revitalizing the now gorgeous 7 acre riverfront property, that was once a dumping ground and salvage yard, was no small feat. Danny McClinton, the owner and founder of Salvage Station, had a vision to clean and transform the property to the venue we all have come to know and love. The birth of Salvage Station has been a catalyst for growth in Asheville’s thriving music scene and a safe space for our community to gather. 

We are heartbroken to pack and relocate what we have built, but our Salvage Station family is strong and we are committed to rebuilding. Where we go is unknown, but for sure, if a salvage yard can become a nationally recognized music venue, we will certainly figure out this next chapter.

What we ask from our supporters is to check out our 2024 lineup, buy tickets, and help us make this the best year yet! Ultimately, it is the energy you bring that makes Salvage Station so incredibly special. 

Big Love!

The chatter in Asheville is that they bought that property expecting to sell it for the I-26 connector project, which has happened, and they came out ahead, and have been paid for it. I don't know personally, but its been in the works for quite a while.

It was a fun venue, enjoyed this spot and its easy location to the hostel downtown