Baseball

bs69

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

The Cardinals are ready to make another Run for Roses . I'm lucky enough to be given tickets for this evenings game against the Braves. Look for me and my family in foul ball teritorty twelve rows back of the Redbirds dugout. I'll have on Cardinals colors and 1911 Champions baseball cap instead of my traditional western hat.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

The Cardinals are ready to make another Run for Roses . I'm lucky enough to be given tickets for this evenings game against the Braves. Look for me and my family in foul ball teritorty twelve rows back of the Redbirds dugout. I'll have on Cardinals colors and 1911 Champions baseball cap instead of my traditional western hat.

Peace and Love,

Doc

Will look for you Doc, Have fun!

Peace and Love,

Doc

I will also keep my eye out for you, Doc. Bring home a winner! GO CARDS!!

• Forum MVP

The ruling has yet to be handed down.... What happens if the league accepts the protest,? Do over?

Apparenly the ruling was made during the twenty minute delay. Usually rulings on protested games are a day latter after official writen reports are filed but in this case of a single game playoff they felt it better to make decision right away. Decision was that it was an umpir's judgement call and even if the unpir's judgement was faulty the league does not over rule the umpir's judgement.

I initially thought and stated that this was a terrible call. The play was in the outfield, not in the infield. But after reading in an article the quote from the baseball rules it seems to be a correct call. The rule is not based upon location in the playing field but based upon if an infielder could make the play (catch the fly ball ) with normal effort. The Cardinal shortstop should have caught the ball with ease. He had drited back , was at the correct spot, called for the catch ( signaled that he would catch it so that the left fielder behind him would not run him over tring to catch the fly ball ) but then at the last moment the shortstop moved away from the spot and the ball fell to the ground. From what I clearly saw in front of me the shortstop should have easily caught the ball. The umpir's call of an infield fly was correct because it was an infielder player ...according to the rule I read the location on the field is not the key issue. The fact that the umpire made the call at the last minute appears that he waited his decision to see if the infielder could easily get back to the spot, which is where he was until the rookie SS steped away.

The following actions of the fans of throwing beer bottles, food, and cups onto the field was embarising. I'm glad that the Cardnials won the game but this was a sad victory. After the game you could see that the many Cardinal fans that were there were also disapointed ...no one had that thrill and excitment of a win.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Thanks for clarifying Doc. Indeed an unusual call to have to make (never seen one play out like that). I feel better knowing the call was legit. I just really hate the fact that 100% of the responsibility for that loss lies on Chippers shoulders. And in his last game of his career......

• Forum MVP

Peace and Love,

Doc

Being a Nats fan, I am swallowing and reswallowing the bitter taste of bile right now.

I commend your Cards........a comeback for the ages.

• Forum MVP

The Cardinals pulled another miracle out of their cap last night...or rather very eary this morning since it was after midnight with two outs and two striks on the batters. Five times they were one strike from going home for the winter but they will now have a happy flight to the west coast to go up against the San Francisco Giants.

Maybe some of the Cardnials can take in a DSO show Saturday night...or maybe the Cardnial fans in the band can catch a baseball game.

Peace and Love,

Doc

• Forum MVP

Unbelievable! Both games were amazing. Very happy for my yanks but that comeback was unreal! I turned the game off after the third inning when it was six nothing. I figured i would check back in on it in an hour or so, and when I turned it back on it was six two. I thought this could be interesting so I stuck around to watch the rest and wowwwww... I was in total shock.

For those who missed the historic comeback by the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals last night in Washington D.C.

Video highlights with local radio announcers from KMOX in St. Louis and radio station in Washington D.C.

http://mlb.mlb.com/v..._video_25399837

I was tuned into KMOX radio in St. Louis after the game last night, and people were calling the station from all over the world. Someone called KMOX from China. Unbelievable! Cardinal Nation Rules! We are every where. GO CARDS!!!

• Forum MVP

Cards nation for sure! Since I couldn't take in the greatest show on earth (playing in SF), figured I would watch the next best thing. Sorry about the Nats and our hometown teenage possible Rookie of the Year. His playoff numbers weren't that great but his future is looking pretty bright. Still and all - Cards!

• Forum MVP

Hope the Cardinals can score runs early this afternoon. These comebacks with two stikes and the lady starting to sing can be saved for latter. I might just take the afternoon off from work to catch the game.

Really bad for Jeter. The Yankies need him now with Detroit in the driver's seat. Maybe we can end up with an all middle America World Series between the Tigers and Cardnials.

Archived