Mighty High Night 3

Mango

• Forum MVP

Home. Sunburned and exhausted. Fun weekend.

Shakedown

Cassidy

Hurts Me Too(w/ John Popper)

Cumberland

Catfish John

Easy Wind

Wharf Rat

GSET

Annoying long and obnoxiously profane intro>

Help>

Slip!>

St. Stephen>

NFA>

St. Stephen>

William Tell>

Eleven>

Drums/Space>

Hey Jude>

Sing Me Back Home>

Slip!>

Franklins

Let it Rock

Tore up

Setlist says it all. Another stellar outing for sure. I'm tired as hell otherwise I'd go on some rant about people barging up front with their cameras....

...where the hell is pittsfield mass anyway?

get yourself to the Mass Pike. It is the 2nd exit from the NY state line. **LEE exit** Route 20 eventually merges with route 7 in Lenox (home of Kripalu). In total, 20-25 minutes north of the Pike. ayyy.

I married me a North Adams girl (another 30 minutes north). ayyy

• Forum MVP

A favorite gem of a show for sure. Popper put amazing touches on Hurts me Too and I feel like I coulda just listened to him and Lisa do a duo for it (not at this particular show, just sometime- dueling harps but only her singing, YES PLEASE hehe) but of course the song is not complete without the Mattson up there bringing a real hurtin.... divine! Absolutely smokin' Cumberland and before I go further let me go back and say that during Shakedown the sunny side of the street wasn't dark at all (could have even used some shade!) and the Cassidy was upbeat instead of dripping which I really liked and it made me dance different than usual.

Love Catfish John and had been waiting for it! Very fun! DSO made me love Easy Wind so it always gets my head set and wharf rat first set makes a girl smile every time..... gotta love watching a certain couple make sweet eyes at each other (even when its closed eyes at each other) across the stage barrier for songs like this :) The greatest story took its slot perfectly and ended the first set leaving everyone wanting to stay all night.

Camera people spend a LOT OF MONEY on NICE LENSES why do they have to stand in my dancing space in the front to get the SAME SHOT they will get from many people back? I appreciate the ones who actually post on the website, but most just keep em to say "oh look, i am a GREAT photographer, I took a photo of Rob Barraco while he was waiting in between songs to play!" and that is annoying. I have made MANY FRIENDS out of the photographers that ARE ALWAYS THERE because these people know what is up and are respectful. The others, however, that are just there for their one night of self-promotion really need to learn some respect. Not to mention if you have 3 dudes taking a pic of the same band member from the same spot at the same time, maybe you guys could SHARE PHOTOS instead of all having to have your own (hence my pointing to the ego problem) it would leave more space for people who are there for the MUSIC to enjoy what we came for. Sorry, photos are REALLY COOL and I LOVE CAMERA PEOPLE that are there to really capture the experience, but you DESTROY THE EXPERIENCE instead of capturing it when you are a jerk and push dancers out of your way to snap a shot.

I will only mention one line about the pervert who asked for my email as they went into Sing me Back Home and made me give up my spot up front to have room by Chuckles cause he was starring me down so dirtily.... he sucked. then I came back as they Slipped back in and I slipped back in and with Mango's help we got him to move back and after the second set ended he was gone but I found him during encore and pointed in his face and told him he was a pervert and did not belong here (I know this does nothing but it made me feel a little better!) okay, a few lines on that one.

The second set just defies words. If you weren't there you should have been and if you were you are probably still trying to find words. I love Hey Jude alone without Mr Fantasy stealing the thunder. Let it Rock with Tore Up was the perfect way to close it all up and we got to say goodbye to almost everyone as we drove out and they walked to the cars since we left the moment the music ended so we could make it home and sleep.

I hope the band and fans all enjoy this blissful day off. we were gonna skip tomorrow but looks like we gotta go to Jersey City to sign a lease for a place in CA for after tour so we'll be half-way there anyway and what is that they say..... might as well, might as well! (mighty swell, indeed!)

• Forum MVP

how many times did that guy say "fuck" in his speech? There were many children at the festival and that dude just sounded drunk. why is it that festival promoters always make such asses of themselves?

Super enjoyable DSO sets all 3 nights!! Each uniquely different and only causing me to want more and more. :dsorocks: and :crewrocks: Met many nice folks and many were pretty good about cleaning up their camp spots or even the venue area where they were hangin, but I wish more people cared about making sure the garbage around their area is picked up. We passed so many camp spots that had at least 6 or more people sitting around, but garbage EVERYWHERE and no one even attempting to clean up. Yuk!! We were even "thanked" by some people that saw us picking up trash to put in our bag as we were walking to the dumpster with our trash. I do appreciate the "thanks" , but was just curious why they didn't pick up the garbage themselves, when their camp area was right next to it. Come on people, have respect for our Earth and any space that we are privileged to use on this awesome journey. Sorry about any bitching, but this is just a HUGE pet peeve for me and I have bad flashbacks from when we (campers, etc) and The Grateful Dead weren't allowed certain places anymore and I would HATE that to happen with DSO as well as the other bands. Just saying my peace. Anyhow, Loved the shows and the dry weather was a gift.

Peace

Kris

Guest crazy digits

how many times did that guy say "fuck" in his speech? There were many children at the festival and that dude just sounded drunk. why is it that festival promoters always make such asses of themselves?

I was offended by Eli, I have to say. He acted like he was put out, lost a ton of money and dropped the F bomb who knows how many times in front of many young children....and forgot Rob B.

In addition to that, having a festival requires attention to detail and it was apparent he has very little with the lack of porto potties ( 4-5 ) and NO toilet paper in the campground. Trash cans ( couple were out there ) would have been nice too. The website never mentioned the additional $10.00 he charged all of us to park our vehicles. This festival is one I may not attend again, we'll see.

The second night was my favorite... DSO was so tight and as always, I came away with so much happiness..Thanks guys, gal and crew. You never dissapoint!

• Advisory Board

Wow... Where to start on this weekend? First off, I had a BLAST!! As some of you know, I've been working 7 days a week for the past 3 months, and the only real days off I've had in those last 3 months was to attend my close friends viewing, and funeral. I needed this weekend BAD! Now back home, my body is sore, but those aches and twinges just remind me of the wonderful time I had this past weekend, spending time with my friends, and listening to some GREAT music!! Music to me revives my soul, and this soul needed some reviving.. so THANK YOU to all that made my weekend possible...

As to this show, holy shit is my statement... Lisa Mackey watching Popper play that harp was great... she was soaking it all up, and when she was singing Hurts Me Too, that sexy mama had some serious veins popping our of her face she was singing so hard... LOVE HER!! The Whart Rat>Greatest Story closer was fuckin' INSANE!! I'll take that as a first set closer any day!!!

The second set was just amazing!! I swear they wrote that setlist for me! I called the Help>Slip opener, but was delighted to have gotten the Slip>Franklin's at the end of the show.. Can I just say Help>Slip>St. Stephen>NFA>St. Stephen>William Tell>Eleven>Drumz??!!??! Are you kidding me?!?!!? HOT HOT HOT!!! I LOVE when Barraco sings Hey Jude! Since the organ wasn't up onstage, we figured that the Mr. Fantasy wasn't gonna slip inbetween the Jude... Personally, I LOVE the Hey Jude>Fantasy>Jude (3.22.90 comes to mind).. Sing Me Back Home is a favorite of mine, which I haven't heard live in quite a while... SUPER treat!! Goin back into the Slip>Frankin's was a GREAT way to end the 2nd set!!

Now, to finish off my post, I gotta say that Jeff Mattson IS THE FUCKING MAN!!! He TORE UP, Tore up!! Let it Rock was the SICKEST thing I heard all weekend!! If he wasn't channeling Jerry during that tune, I don't know what the fuck he was doing.... I was BLOWN AWAY by his playing this weekend..

Anyways, thank you to all who made my weekend special... Unfortunatly it's back to the 7 day a week grind for me, gotta play those bills! I'm 99% sure I'm making it to Penn's Peak. After the Peak, it'll be a while before I get to see anymore shows... Def goin to the Jubilee, but other then that, I'm just a workin' man..

Thanks again to everyone!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

• Forum VIP

BIx...you told me once you never use the Toliet paper at a festival...you like baby wipes and never go to a festy without Wipes...love you buddy....lets give Eli some slack we dont have GratefulFest at the Ledges and we need Festival like this to make it..... I thought everyone enjoyed a Great Weekend...Dr. V

• Forum MVP

BIx...you told me once you never use the Toliet paper at a festival...you like baby wipes and never go to a festy without Wipes...love you buddy....lets give Eli some slack we dont have GratefulFest at the Ledges and we need Festival like this to make it..... I thought everyone enjoyed a Great Weekend...Dr. V

yea and we need people to run them who don't make asses of themselves for it to ever work.

• Forum MVP

I thoroughly enjoyed myself all weekend long. I have very few complaints albeit some big ones. $10 parking per day. Not enough trash cans or facilities. Poor camping grounds.

DSO was phenomenal every night. The last night, as evidenced by the setlist, was a complete monster and the playing was superb. Am feeling rather lazy otherwise i would rant and rave about every single song. I'll just say that i really hope the second and third night both get the nugs treatment.

• Advisory Board

Now back home, my body is sore, but those aches and twinges just remind me of the wonderful time I had this past weekend, spending time with my friends, and listening to some GREAT music!! Music to me revives my soul, and this soul needed some reviving.. so THANK YOU to all that made my weekend possible...

yes, yes, and yes.

what a gift to see so many familiar faces this weekend. i'd love to know how long it's been since the last time i saw so many of you in one place. i'd imagine it's been at least a few years. anyway, i spent the entire festival floating (or bumbling?) around in some sort of fog of smiley, lovey, sparkly, grateful, family-y, bliss--or something slightly less nonsensical, but you get the idea. wonderful music, wonderful dancing, wonderful people. i'm a very, very lucky girl. so thank you.

wish i could hug every single one of you again.

--big, big, BIG love from lala*

What a fun weekend !!!!! Cornmeal has really got their sound together..... Others have already given great thoughts on DSO.......Camping

area really needed more attention..... I love small festivals....... What about Cabinet, did anyone else get blown away by them??? Had to split a

little early on sunday,missed a few goodbye's to some special friends.....Sorry, will see you again I hope......Peace To All, Bob

What about Cabinet, did anyone else get blown away by them???

I saw Cabinet at gratefulfest 2010 and I loved them. I keep am eye on their website looking for local dates. They have been to Michigan since I first saw them but I was unable to go that night.

Archived