2012 DSO Statistics

Taper Ron

In 2012 DSO performed in 109 venues, in 102 cities, in 36 states and 3 countries (including U.S.) I believe these numbers are reasonably correct, +/- 1 or 2. I have trouble counting over 15.

They performed a total of 131 shows: 24 of them were sold out!

80 GD Setlists (16 Sold Out)

49 Elective (8 Sold Out)

2 Terrapin Nation

0 JGB

• Forum MVP

In 2012 DSO performed in 109 venues, in 102 cities, in 36 states and 3 countries (including U.S.) I believe these numbers are reasonably correct, +/- 1 or 2. I have trouble counting over 15.

49 Elective (8 Sold Out)

2 Terrapin Nation

0 JGB

While I like whatever I can get, a JGB show would indeed be stellar - as would a couple more TN shows :) I love it all but I think I'm an elective-slut - through and through.

• Forum MVP

49 Elective (8 Sold Out)

2 Terrapin Nation

0 JGB

0 Shitty shows

Im just grateful as hell to have been pulled into this circus :) :) :) since day one for me at the Pompano Ampetheater and then the after show at Alligator Alley where I met the boyz till this past NYE they have blown away every time!!!!

THANK YOU DSO AND CREW!!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

How many different songs? (Wasn't there a thread on this previously?)

I thought Greg may have posted something on this but I really can't remember. All I know is that I need see a show that features The Eleven. I have been to my fair share of shows and have NEVER seen this tune performed. I know of at least 5 occasions where it was played the show before or the show after I attended. I know, I know....See More Shows! Wife, kids, work, lather, rinse, repeat. When the planets finally allign, maybe I'll catch a Low Spark at the same time.....It's comin....

• Forum MVP

Stout - give us show stats, stat! I know you have nothing but time on your hands.

And +1 on the Pompano Amphitheater. The dark cloud orchestra deluge show is one of my fav south FL memories.

St Stephen>William Tell>Eleven>Low Spark...

• Forum MVP

I remember a time when we weren't sure if we'd ever see DSO play the Eleven....and I remember the first tour in 08 when they broke it out, starting with their 11th anniversary show on 11/11/08. Herdy was the only other board member I knew there. Song really took off though when Mattson joined the band.

WTF, only 3 Russian Lullaby's?? What kind of world do we live in?

I was lucky enough to have caught DSO play the eleven 7/31/10. It was a recreation of 4/22/69 which I believe was the earliest recreation they had done at that time.I also saw Furthur play it on 11/11/11 in Syracuse.You can add me to the elective slut list as well.

I've always wanted to hear an Eleven from DSO. The song is a definite favorite of mine, then again I have like 50 favorites. Either way though it seems pretty rare that DSO plays setlists from the 60s, I've yet to see them play a 60s setlist, and 69 might just be my favorite year of the Dead. I'm guessing this is partly due to the fact that the earlier setlists are not as known/shorter in length? They could always combine the sets from two different nights or something along those lines. All I know is Dark Star>St. Stephen>The Eleven>Lovelight is one hell of a jam sequence, and who doesn't love an Alligator, Mountains of the Moon, Viola Lee, or Cryptical Envelopment.

Well congrats DSO, you guys kick some serious ass, and way to sell out almost 20% of your shows.

I've yet to see them play a 60s setlist, and 69 might just be my favorite year of the Dead. I'm guessing this is partly due to the fact that the earlier setlists are not as known/shorter in length?

The shorter sets of 69 are offset by the longer, psychedelic jams that were more common of the time. 4 song sets feel like regular sets. I've been lucky enough to see two 69 shows and both were like 8-10 songs with a couple of fillers. Still 4 hours of Grateful Dead music.

• Forum MVP

I don't know if the band feels this way or not but it seems to me that 60's shows are best saved for special occasions, or else they start to seem not so special anymore. At least that was my experience after seeing 6-8 of em.

That being said, in my book a 'darkstar>ststephen>eleven>lovelight' is always welcome! I think I just prefer the songs played that way but in an elective set, which DSO has done quite a bit and with great success.

Is it true that dso has never played til the morning comes before nye? I find that hard to believe

I know they didn't do it in 2011 or 12

THIS IS WHAT I GOT HERE ,2 SHOWS FROM 69

19 SHOWS BETWEEN 70-75

32 SHOWS BETWEEN 76-79 INCLUDING BRENT SHOWS

20 SHOWS BETWEEN 80-89

8 SHOW FROM 90 ON BUT NONE AFTER 91

THE REST WERE ELECTIVES

Not that it matters a lot, but by my count 76-79 was 30 shows 90-91 was 9 shows.

Archived