no free DSO show in Springfield, Oh. this summer

evilive

• Forum MVP

Ok wow, I wasnt trying to be confrontational either and I guess we both kinda came off that way. Again, i wasnt bitching about a lack of a free show. Gonna climb off my soapbox now and go back to quietly lurking

Peace brother/sister-------Your words about being able to bring your kids to a safe venue is something I understand more than you can imagine!! That part of your words helped me understand your apparent displeasure with the Bands choice to not play a annual event. I get that. In your shoes, I would be upset, and if I found a reason for it, I too would perhaps post the reasons for my displeasure!! My kids are the world, and I would never take them to a show!! Not unitl they are way older!!! I too appreciate sheltering my children from the obvious things at shows, and I imagine the event you are talking about was more on the clean side!! I get it!! I do!!!

When at shows, your kids do not need to see me, cause I go all out!! I think I took this thread to a different talking point, but honestly, the cover band thing struck a nerve. I have seen Dead cover bands----its nice to hear a beat, and a little nice chourus, but DSO---come on-------Close your eyes and dance-----its a reawkening-----a period of Renniscance out of some Dark Ages of death.

The Dead covered a lot of songs-----but WTF---I know you rider---for me---is their own!! Queen Jane---come on----I can not stand Dillions voice-----its the Dead's. Now, as with so many things in this world, and through history---the golden key has been passed, and emerged, a great shinning example of what is best about the music we all love!!!

I am new to threads yes----so I got some etiquite to learn, but I also got the energy of someone who just rediscovered the music, so I might perhaps be defensive for the group that has given it back to me!!!

Happy trails:}

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 12, 31, 8, 5, 2, .....

dang that is a tough one .... good thing I teach History & Government ....

My favorite subjects in the whole wide world---add some geography in the mix----better then old sex--lol

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Sun - and I teach AP US History and AP Government ....college level stuff....

I am smarter than I look ..... and I am pretty good looking ! ....

zing zang boom bang .... can I get an AMEN !!!! ...

I understand your level of joy with DSO ..... I have been seeing them since 1999 .... over 250 plus shows.... not as many as I used to but those are times past .... some wackos on this board have seen them way more than me .... and when I say wackos ... yes I mean wackos .... but cute and most of the times they do shower and use silverware instead of their hands ....

• Forum MVP

Matt, I prefer plastic ware. When it gets too dirty it is easy to just through away. If I do have to wash something I usually kill two birds with one stone and do when I shower.

I certainly take your point about the beauty, serenity and simple Zen purity of that show. Too bad it was always midweek.

Fun to see the cover/tribute band discussion rise once more. The board feels young and vital again.

• Forum MVP

Teach,

Awesome you teach AP, that means its actually fun to teach, cause you got kids that give a f___!!!! History is so sexy, and I have GD to thank for starting that cornel of excitement in my formative years!!!

I have so many things to thank GD for. They gave me the self confidence to travel the world, and now I found my outlet, I am going to start traveling again. My wife hates it, the family thinks I am perhaps experincing a mid-life crisis:{ lol------- But alll I want them to know is DSO!!

Yea---there are some serious DSO heads---and I am so joyed to know that DSO fans are just as indepth, and fanatic as GD. I like wackos---and I love showers!!! I always loved showers!!!

Fuck---Jubileee-----------------------and Richmond, Ashville, and Charlotte soon!! My wife does not understand why I am not going to be at home for Valentines Day-------Why, because I prefer to get yelled at, and get no marital lovings for a month or two just to see DSO!!

They are better than sex!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Fun to see the cover/tribute band discussion rise once more. The board feels young and vital again.

CV, I am so suprised that more people do not light up these forums. I check this stuff on my phone out in the field!!! Nonetheless, bro, I get so jealouse when I see your join date. That means you been checking DSO out for a while.

F_____ -----------where was I---how did I go this long? I found out about DSO at "The Dead" 09' George at the Gorge---WA.

Tour Neighboors told me about DSO, and a place called the Crystal Palace. Sounded good, they were young----yea yea, what ever---- you guys are young, no clue. 09-----and my asss did not even follow up on their suggestion until 2012----WTF-------

But my first show was a outside venue in a VA state park----and OM F GOD-----------

Vitality----oh man-----you do not know the energy I have regained.

• Forum MVP

young and vital .... add that to my sex list ...

on a serious note - don't let a band ruin a marriage ....

LOL-----I promise--DSO would and could not do that. I am so much more talented:}

I joke about crisis, but after the wonderful addition of twins recently----yea-----------------The break is needed, and I am not going to Jamica:{ DSO in the sand was the fight, she won that!!!! I get my second love on Valentines---Marriage is compromise!!!!!

edit----sorry----marriage is a compromise:}

• Forum MVP

Tim Walther is DSO's Manager and also promotes concerts such as all Good Festival.

Oh----that sort of makes the start of this thread very personal to some:{

Hmmmm----curious what does a Band Manager actuall do?

How I would love to know the inner workings of DSO?

• Forum MVP

You don't want to know what Walther does .... it is brutal....

for example - some of his duties are as follows ....

1. make sure the electric and acoustic guitars are in the right cases ...

2. make sure drumsticks are ordered .... Koritz and Dino are nice guys .... just don't mess up the drumstick order

3. pay the Diesel bill for the bus ....

4. give Curfew and Nick tips on how to manage long flowing hair ... dang I wish I had hair .... let alone flowing ... anywho

5. stay at least 15 feet from any band or crew member the last 3 to 5 days of any tour ....

6. what Lisa says .... goes .... and what Kevin says goes ... but Kevin don't say anything so that is an easy one ...

7. if talking to Rob Barraco ... bring your A game ... that dude is a smart cookie

I could go on and on ... but I think you get the drift .... ;)

Tim Walther is DSO's Manager and also promotes concerts such as all Good Festival.

Damn, so he is basically the Bill Graham of Dark Star. My apologies to the man, I retract my statement. I should've taken the first post with a grain of salt. Although I don't know him personally, it appears he does like the music :). BTW Ron, Mike mentioned something about contributing to the forums. I noticed a donation thing in the top right. Are these forums not financially tied to DSO?

Damn, so he is basically the Bill Graham of Dark Star. My apologies to the man, I retract my statement. I should've taken the first post with a grain of salt. Although I don't know him personally, it appears he does like the music :). BTW Ron, Mike mentioned something about contributing to the forums. I noticed a donation thing in the top right. Are these forums not financially tied to DSO?

We are strictly a fan site, DSO does not provide financial support. We think it is better that way! I provide the hosting, domain name registration, licensing etc.

We are strictly a fan site, DSO does not provide financial support. We think it is better that way! I provide the hosting, domain name registration, licensing etc.

That's awesome! Well thank you very much. I want you to know that these forums are responsible for me meeting some very fun and interesting individuals. It has made my overall experience that much more memorable. You say "We think it is better that way!" I'm just curious, what do you believe are the benefits to "that way?"

• Forum MVP

Who actually knows the whole story? No one here.

Complaining about the lack of a free show= Lame.

All things eventually come to an end. Maybe it doesn't make sense for them, GEOGRAPHICALLY, to play there twice in two months.

• Forum MVP

I respectfully have to disagree with Aaron, Chuck, Mike, and Taper Ron on this one ....

In regards to the show in Springfield, Ohio that has been going on for years and brings a crowd in the thousands to enjoy a beautiful venue for free I am sad to see it go ....

with that said ..... I am not going to get into the "Why it was cancelled" argument...

and I hope it is not true and this person who started the thread may just have an axe to grind ....

But the Springfield show is the best DSO show each and every summer .....

hopefully it keeps on Truckin on ...

I agree with this 100%. This was the one show every year that I felt comfortable taking my kids and will hate to see it go. It was also tons of fun explaining everything to the 70 something's that would always show up and leave with a smile. Babies and blue hairs all enjoying the show in one locale, best time of the year!

Archived