Dark Star Jubiliee 2014

jljbirdq

• Forum MVP

I'm donating a buddy to stay up all night to help sunny in his cause. He's doing one of those no-sleep-a-thons to raise money for hungry hungry hippies. I pledged 10 cents per hour.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

The NSA hired Shuligan just to keep me going for the reason Rudedog mentioned above!!!.  

I love landscaping, flowers are my passion!!!  Delicate flowers are not my favorite, but T, your the exception, so I will make a good effort to toughen your petals!!!      Open them up and let them spin...72 hours straight:}!!!!!   

What most people don't know, sleep deprivation is the best way to nirvana---in the Buddha sense not the Cobain sense.  God, I feel stupid that I have to even qualify that:{!!!!

WE are going to have a blast, and I promise you all.   I will show 95% respect for everyone, but between the hours of 3-6am........its open game........I have so much fun, and am so amped for the next show, that I cant sleep.  

I can cook awesome though......so if yall want to put me in charge of cooking so everyone wakes to a kick ass breakfeast!!!   You will than see the quality and the attribute of having a never ending sun amongst the sleepers:}!!!!

Thanks for the humor again!!!!    Sneaking out of house to go have late night fun!!!!!!!!   Peace and well wishes this weekend!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

The NSA hired Shuligan just to keep me going for the reason Rudedog mentioned above!!!.

I love landscaping, flowers are my passion!!! Delicate flowers are not my favorite, but T, your the exception, so I will make a good effort to toughen your petals!!! Open them up and let them spin...72 hours straight:}!!!!!

What most people don't know, sleep deprivation is the best way to nirvana---in the Buddha sense not the Cobain sense. God, I feel stupid that I have to even qualify that:{!!!!

WE are going to have a blast, and I promise you all. I will show 95% respect for everyone, but between the hours of 3-6am........its open game........I have so much fun, and am so amped for the next show, that I cant sleep.

I can cook awesome though......so if yall want to put me in charge of cooking so everyone wakes to a kick ass breakfeast!!! You will than see the quality and the attribute of having a never ending sun amongst the sleepers:}!!!!

Thanks for the humor again!!!! Sneaking out of house to go have late night fun!!!!!!!! Peace and well wishes this weekend!!!!!!!!

That,... My brother, is why you are so lovable.

• Forum MVP

Delicate flowers are not my favorite, but T, your the exception, so I will make a good effort to toughen your petals!!!     

What most people don't know, sleep deprivation is the best way to nirvana---in the Buddha sense

WE  I will show 95% respect for everyone, but between the hours of 3-6am........its open game........

I can cook awesome though......so if yall want to put me in charge of cooking so everyone wakes to a kick ass breakfeast!!!  

While everyone could use a more hearty constitution - the days of 3-4 day marathon benders with zero sleep are over for me!!  I've paid my dues gettin through and I plan to get a few hours (not 6 but also not zero) of sleep each night - you may want to find another cause or another victim.  You wouldn't like me when I'm too tired:

quote3.JPG

All of us could also use more paths to enlightment - I get it.  My path is going to be a different road than staying up for 3 days straight.  Since bacon and beer haven't worked, I've got another plan:

normal_bridge_to_enlightenment.jpg

Here's a hint:  Disco Pizza and vitamins :)

So Suny can cook, huh?  Unless it's 18 eggs cooked in bacon fat and coffee that has the consistency of syrup, I just might pass.  Not to mention the spike factor :)

• Forum MVP

I'm sure Sunny will find different pockets of chatter and excitement throughout the festival grounds to entertain himself.  I would place his belongings in a hat outside your tent when he leaves them at your camp that way he can get his stuff without waking you.  Expect us to be up most of the night Friday and Saturday. Big drive Monday.  I will sleep soundly without disturbance Sunday night.  Thank you all very much.

• Forum MVP

Ear plugs and sleeping meds = party as loud as u want. Year 1 there was no party b/c of the rain. Year 2 the party was definitely hampered by the cold. Year 3 may be the perfect storm of after music partying. I do wish they would just add a dance tent for people that aren't ready to stop grooving at 2:30. I mean bars are still open. I'd be happy with a dude on an iPod with a few small PA's or just someone popping on a Betty board for a more casual experience post show. Put me up a tent and give me an amp and a few speakers and ill stream some archive like a beast!!!!

• Forum MVP

We raged the Bose until early morning hours.

I wasn't prepared and got in my sleeping bag after shows. I couldn't shake the damn cold. I somehow thought that dancing would keep me warm in 35 degree weather. Wtf was I thinking with no coat. This year I'll have the alpine gear with me; Ice axe and my Leki hiking poles included.

• Forum MVP

Jubilee is looking unlikely for me but I'm gonna make a strong showing on the East Coast tour, Fourth of July Colorado run, and a few sporadic dates over the summer. Not completely out for Jubilee but it don't look good. Someone may have to take over breakfast meat duties.

Who's ready folks? 37 days and counting. 

I'm fully ready and in high need of another relaxing Dark Star Jubilee. I'm genuinely interested in the weather this time around. Lets hope we don't have a scorcher...I'll take cool and dry please. 

What do you want Dark Star to play opening night?

I'm with you guys.I'm ok with whatever they play. I always have an idea about what I'd like to hear, but then whatever they play ends up being just exactly what I needed to hear. 

I love the original setlists the most...I like the surprise. Last year, I loved the Help>Slip>Feel Like A Stranger>Franklins Tower. That was veeerry nice. 

I also admit liking the 80's theme that has opened the first nights of DSJ I and II. 

• Forum MVP

Im a little curious why the friday and saturday late night acts are bluegrass??????  Makes more sense to have them earlier and have a little more psychedelia late night.  It doesnt have the actual schedule but just says that The devil makes 3 and Yonder are late night bands.  I would think that a Galactic or UV Hippo makes more sense as a late night act.  Just my thoughts on the matter.  And.....the last 2 years it has been this way; no bluegrass after DSO with generally the most psychedelic in those slots.  I just think this will be a weird transition to finish the night.

Archived