redeyedbert

• Forum MVP

Top 5 moments of the run:

1. Terrapin>Dew (Philly)

2. Dear Prudence (NYE)

3. Eyes (12/30)

4. Scarlet>fire (Philly)

5. Cats Down Under the Stars (NYE)

Honorable mention: Like A Road (Richmond)

CM- completely agree. Everyone knows terrapin>dew was the show stopper of the tour. And I agree with newyawker, the sugaree was pretty fucking stellar. I miiiiight kick out cats for sugaree. My only problem with sugaree is that it's so repetitive whereas Cats is a very complex song not just an A-B repeat.

I agree eyes of the world is like cheating, it's just that good.

I love all the rave reviews on the dear prudence. I've only seen this band do it once a long while ago and it truly spectacular, and it had been a song I didn't particularly care for before. 

TomW, you probably said the night really started there cause the bad blew your mind so thoroughly that all previous songs were temporarily erased from your memory banks.

wish I could have been there for it. Oh yeah, and the other stuff too  ;)

• Forum MVP

That GDTRFB was as intense a jam as I've ever heard DSO do. Every time I thought they were going to transition back into the song, they took the jam up another level. The crowd was going insane. I was shocked that that wasn't the set ender. The pace on that was crazy. I was sweating balls.

That GDTRFB was as intense a jam as I've ever heard DSO do. Every time I thought they were going to transition back into the song, they took the jam up another level. The crowd was going insane. I was shocked that that wasn't the set ender. The pace on that was crazy. I was sweating balls.

I thought the same thing man.  It kept getting closer to the edge.  until they left us hanging without any ground under our feet. I had both hands cupped behind my ears and my head was completely overloaded with sound.  This is another example of what i said above.  If the show ended here I would be completely filled.  I dont even remember JBG or Brokedown.  I think my body just shut off to everything after the GDTR.  I remember many Dead shows where the same thing happened.  They would explode a second set closer, putting us on the ceiling, then end with Black Muddy River!!!!!!  I am still not fond of this all the time.  SOmetimes less is more as they say.  Just bow out after you do a tune like this GDTR and I guarantee nobody would have felt short-changed. 

• Forum MVP

awesome to see some long review outta ya, Star Child, and thanks to everyone for posting it up so those of us that don't make it to new year's shows can feel a lil of the love n magic ya'll experienced!!! so happy everyone was there and glad to hear it is STILL just getting better and better and better and better!

• Forum MVP

I just wrote a long review.  It got eareased because of babies pressing buttons!!!  Oh Well.  Let me restate.     I loved the New Years Run.  I loved and cared for everyone that came on our trip.  I must admit, I was a stress case during the travel.  There were changes in plaes, there was late pick ups, there where disageements on my many things!!!!

SO THE FUCK WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   We are not bitches, and my hope is that we all just accept that we all got to shows,safe and sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am thankful for our safetly more so than any trifle words or emotions expressed.

Think about me.....I talk my mind, I mean it, but I do not mean any spite.   As a guy, I avoid the tact thing, and just go straight to thoughts.  We don all agree. and that's natural.

Just want to say a big thanks for all my travel bros!!!!    You guys rocked!!!  I am very outspoken, so I am thankful, you all worked with me with......  so much so   that I want to express apologies for my "controlling"   ways.    Please understand........it sucks being responsiable for a car, me being only authorized to drive it, and being so wasted, I had no choice for others to drive!!!     That makes me nervous.  I am well trained in heavy equipment and no what things could happen!!!!!!!!!    Older you get, the more you realize what can happen!!!               

Ok----------Again, he shows fucking rocked.   St. Stephen, Sugar mag---last night.        Yea, super happy..   I laughed at two of our forum heads.  It was a quiet chuckle, but to hear....."I am hoping a Sugar Mag open-----and than some cute sista said I hope for a St. Stephen .     I laughed at them enternally.   Your both silly, how could you know:    You tow bad ass muther F......      made me so happy.   I teased your call(internally), but you called out 3rd set!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys!!!!   Great treat.  Damn.    St. Stephen 3rd set.  I was tired.    Sugar mag I bunmded a back wall to bounce my inebriated body into dance. 

I was tired.  I was tired all trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      No matter, I got a great view during sugar mag, and got some good vies for fodder.   Completely fantacy cause one of you forum fuckers got some fun busy that I nearly peaked into a window to watch:{      I am a sad soul, so what.......I was once better than I once was!!!

New years was a blast.   I fell in love with a  frequent dancer at these shows.   She makes me smile in more ways that I thought at that shows.

To bad,   I geek out, I get socially uncomfortable.   But a huge thanks to you for making me smile with your groove, and a bigger thanks for your after show smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this does not sound creepy, The exact opposite.    Aside from the girl, I met the coolest MF heads I have met in decades.    I say that, Cause I mean true heads!!!!!!!!!    We all know the difference between love of the music and the like of the scene!!!!!  I love the music more the scene, but there are now many of you that have been gracious enough to give me a chance to jam, feed, love, hug, and enjoy moments of the scene!!!!.   At times I did not talk, I zoned, but you all let me lay down amongst you.   Many offered me good conversation, though I was a bit incoherent!! 

The music was a blast.  It typically always is.  On occasion we get music where we pull nuggets, but this run is full of nuggets!!!!!!!!!!.  This whole NYE run, was stuffed full of nuggets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will not be able to do this run again.    That is written in stone.    I a still debating Jamaica.  I have a lot of work to do.  I really do.  My wife thinks I am hookingup at these events.   Can yall see me, really, turn any females on by my solo jump and down dancing.   I would think the opposite, as we all know good dance does leave others out.  It is personal stuff!!!

Moving forward.    My ass is fucking absolutely joyous.    I got to meet some of the cooliest mother fuckers to date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am honest, no really, but its easy online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       I am small balls!!   There are some cool  heads out there that has impressed me so much.  To think, I had disconcerting thoughts about some of you!!!!  WTF-------------I get it..........I get it know more than ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not now so many relationsihps were directed toward the music of the band.   Guess many of you sponsored these guys , and moved their movement while I was still getting off of GD China Doll!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSO Rocks.  These people are no joke.   They are better than better now, than many day during the Dead.   Yea I said it.  So what.     We are lucky.

I am lucky.  I got 4 fab shows, with some awesome people.   I am a tough truckee!!!!  I like me, mine, and my ways.     That is tough for me.  I used to be goo lucky!!!    I have 3 kids and a wife, they need me, if something happened, my kids would b fatherless.   That's  a big deal, and one that that stressed me a lot.   xans help---------and yes legal prescribe.

So much to say.    All music phenom!!!!!!!!!!!!   I wish I had St. Stephan 2st set.  I was tired b 3.

I heard in crowd, forum crowd.     "  I hope they open with a sugar man",, heard some chick say I would love a Stephens!!

I laughed at both of theml  How are you to call.......but damn, were they not write on!!!!!!!!!!!!!       Love you predications.  Loved all you dancing forum heads.    All nights.   August West nearly made me cry.    I am tough in front of others, but I do spend meanful moments alone.     Agust West, you made me shed tears.  Loved meeting dancing, I could not help but to get away and shed tears.   I am so lucky with what I got, knock on wood!!!

I hate many thing about my life, but I find solace in this "new family"  I have got to join!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

This past run meant a lot to me.  Wish I could of shown all my energy  and love for the music,   but I wore myself out!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran two and 1/2 marathons.  My faut.

I think I need to dance more lke Mason Children.  Its a good grove, but   good energy conversation.       Props to your MC!!!!  You love it, feel it, but don't kill your self!!!!!!!!!!!

No sure I am meant for these long runs!!!!!!!!!!!

Cosmic Mike/Rude Dog..................Thanks a billion for you patience.  I get nervous   on road trips, especially when wasted, and nervous that something might happen, and that my kids may never see there father again.    I am a paranoid person by design.  Or rather, by all the bad shit I have seen while traveling.    I just love my kids, and I get super nervous a bout a phone call to my family that there Daddy Is not with them any more..

So I apologize for any controlling, bitching, and conflict I may have caused!!!    Believe me guys.......its a different trip when you got loved ones at home wanting you home!!!!!!!!!!!!   I HAVE  always been a freak, more so now that I have little ones depending on me!!!!!         

Moving forward.   The NYE run was a blast.   Got some lady action I turned down in Richmond, but dance my ass off to loud crowds and distorted music.

OH well....what a blast.

Electric Factory-----------------------Fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Pleanty of room to spread wings, and towards the end, the us blues had me jumping so hard,I got free water from the bar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found a space for Jerrry!!!   I twirled danced and was solo in my own bliss.    Who could ask for better!!!!!!!!!!  Plus the suite we had.   Danm.   Hippy girls, next time, come join us.  Well worth the fun, and we are all harmless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving forward.   NY run was great.  Got to hotel with out to much traffic:{     Got settled, got wasted, met other forum stars, and got more wasted!!!!!!!

Perfect last two nights.    The forum dance.......you guys take up space, but manage well!!!!    No problems  bumping into others, half were hotties hippies!!!!!!!!!!!!   

I must admit, I feel for one of you.  Your sweet petitie, and full of kindess!!!     Wish I had the words to share kindness with you, but you were always busy sharing kindess with others.   You know who you are, if not,     There are only so many girls named after man who founded Texas!!!!  Peace sista, you made me smile lots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At one time.  Going into third set.  I heard from forum heads what they would like to hear, or what they were ca;lling...  ONe said Sugar mar, the next chic   said she would love St. Step.    WTF....I laughed at both of them internally.   We are going to get what the give us, and god damn, did we not get a sugar mag, with St. Stephens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Your calls made me smile, you forums folks gave me energy, but blew me out of the water. 

yea, I can dance to GD/DSO....................;but there is no pinnacle here .  You all danced you ass off, and olny took small breaks!!!!!

Big props to Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    He shut me down wit my stupid suggestion, but despite his pain, that mother fucker jammed everywhere.   Crowds, not so crowds, and even made his own space.   !!!   Brian much love to you, and so sorry for me ignorant offer.

Steve.  Your not on here, but I love you.  You rock, and I had a   blast with you and you M n Law.  I did dance with her, and she smiled, like me, smiled the whole time.

Aside from the brilliant music, which we are all there for, I did miss songs I wanted.   So what,,,I got all songs that I loved.

3rd set sugar mag/Stephens, I was tired and drunk.  I danced but bounced of the walls  for support.   I mention this, as I do not want others to think I was trying to get a hand full of cuteness in front of me.   It was by luck I was bouncing of walls in front of half naked hipppy..   Not a bad place to sober up,  but its important for me to share that I was innocent.    Never moving in on someone else's score:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Though I share a happy fuck u:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would of been haapy to watch:}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Dirty, so what, just sort of joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moving on.   All nights rocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I am still chasing rabbits--------thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no break except between sets, and they were fun.

You all rock!!!!  Thanks for the gifts Star/Mason................Thanks to everyone else in making this a "show"!!!!!

Important stuff happened NYE run.  For me personally.       I met very good people, I listened to brilliant music, and I had a  blast after showing!!!

At my age......I still idol some of the youth.  How could I not!!!! These true heads will keep this alive forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\

NYears rocked.  I am thankful, though drained, it was was a couple years of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Peace love and microdot     

• Forum MVP

No biggie sun. We were all fairly new acquaintances and I can see being nervous about others driving. That 6+ hours driving in the rain from Richmond to Philly completely drained me. Think that's why Philly may have been my least fav. I was so tired that night. Stop and go traffic in pouring rain sucked!!! But I don't mind driving. We got their safe and on time and I was probably the most controlling on driving days making sure we don't miss a sec of the shows but that's cool. If my biggest knock was that I bugged everyone to get their asses moving in the morning so we'd be on time for shows I'll take it :).

And I thought we all got along great. Everyone in our party was cool. Had an epic time. Was def expensive and will prob try to do a summer tour run vs a New Years run next year but who knows......4 shows in South Beach for New Years 2014 would get me off my couch. Beach in day and shows at night. Cosmic New Years 2014 Key West sounds cool too!!

• Forum MVP

Sun is shining finally.  This run took the whole hell out of me!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone in our load was super cool, they just had to deal with my dramatic ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Rudedog, you were great driving.   My only complaint!!!!!!!    EZ pass is not the place to beat a car to the line!!!   HAHAHAHA.

YOu guys all rocked!!!   I was the biggest liability.     I know that, and sorry for so.  So the fuck what. I got all I wanted......well if MC would of let me have fun, than I would of got all I wanted:}

You all rocked and rolled!  I was lucky to have traveld with such cool bros, and even luckier to dance and meet fellow forum heads!!!!!!

You Mother Fuckers impress me!!!!!    Many of you.  Actually, I feel very small, and now understand why my approach to the forums at first was received the way it was!!!!

You only think your a big fish until you swim with bigger fish!!!!    I get it, and a great huge love to so many of you for your grace, and patience with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had no clue what a web of tight heads you were/are!!!!  I know now, and I must say I, I am impressed, but most of all.............happy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many of us love DSO.  Sometimes you can not tell cause of all the talking, but there are some of you that love it, love it, love it like it was the Dead, and for many of us, it is the DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wrong forum place, but so what, I hate rules.  

You forum heads ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I fell in love with some of you, and really envied others.     I like to float my boat, but this NYE run, showed my that I was floating ship of fools, on a cool sea!!!    You star heads are hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The drive was stressful, so what, I miss my kids.  Rude did well.    We got good navigators, and we made all shows very well.

Many took care of me, as I would of been lost!!!!!!

This was the absolute for me!!!!!  NYE run......DSO........Could not get any better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really have lasting memories of this show.  I wish I was not such a geek in person, as I would love to chill with so many of you fine guys and gals!!!!!

Big props to MC.  Fuck you, Fuck you, and a big fuck you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Oh well,  my admiration turned to jealousy!!!!!!   I am now just understanding that I am older===============fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYE Run.....,you kidding me.  Fuck the music was a blast all through.  We all had fun, no arrest, and I fell for a cute sista!!!!!!!!!!!!  Perfect showing, perfect people, and this SUN could not ask for better people to know, love, and to dance with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Botttom of my heart.....thank you all!!!!  YOU know who!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I love how tight you all are on the forums. You are a true family!!!!!!!!!   That is love to my heart!!!!!!!!       I think I was somewhat accepted into the scene, but no matter.   I got smiles huge from spending time, listenting, and loving the group vibe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You ALL!!!!!!!  ROck.....Little Boy Found, you made me laugh quietly one night!!!!!!  To funny.   Star, you put me in a different place!!!!  MC.....Your a lot more than I thought you were!!!!   Props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Brian,,,,,,,,,,love your joy through the pain.  My bad to offer, your a rock star.   Oh Samidity Sam.......damn....forgive me, but thank  you for the smiles all night.    Your dance, your caring, and  your laughter make you a Star Head beyond!!!!!!!!!    Yes,    infatuation,   but who or how could you not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     Love you all!!!  Thanks for all the kindness. and warmth!!!!!!!!!!  Love you guys!!!!!!!  Thanks for letting a goof of a stranger into your ranks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve......loved your mother in law the best ------we bummed butts and grooved:}

Cheese last words,,,,, green eggs and ham I would make for you. Not sure why  but you made me smile samadity sam!!!!! 

My luck and my grace to have found your community!!!!!

I am thown back and blasted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     

LOVE YOU ALLL>.......Reallly........Music is fab.....the people I now know who love it like I do.........you make me cry cause  you are the people that make this feel normal for me!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys and gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Dude you werent a liability lol.  We cant all have the same personalities.  I had my blow up at the train station yelling at the cabs.  My 1st impression must have been awesome lol.  Our train arrives in Richmond about 45 mins b4 show starts(2 hour delay in DC) and we are 8 miles from hotel still and need to check in.  Then a freaking cab blocks in our pimped out mini van.  I let go a "move it asshole" at the top of my lungs while we are in the van that prob made everyone think I was one of those types lol.  The whole train being delayed longer and longer and longer as we wondered if we were even going to make 1st set at all, had me at wits end.  Sun responded after my blow up at the cab driver with a "we arent in kentucky Rudedog".  Actually that was more of a Boston type reaction as kentuckians are generally slow and only respond like that if the Wildcats lose or a tractor is in front of us on a road.

I pretty much have been trying to write a review since New Years.  I never get more than a paragraph and have to move on.  Been busy.  Went down to Florida to escape the arctic cold on Jan 1st and got home Friday.  Short and sweet is what I'm after here because the long review just won't come out.  

Had a great 3 shows (no Richmond for me).  Met a lot of great forum and non forum people.  Special shout out to the hotel room of Sun, Cosmic Mike, Rudedogg, and friends.  You guys made my trip.  Good laughs, good people.  

I feel I became a dancer this trip.  Sure I've always bounced around, but I was inspired by the back of the Paramount dance party to step it up.  When I ended up with room on the floor on New Years I was in heaven.  I could groove and I could see, and hear.  The back was fun but I prefer it loud.

I think this trip is going to inspire more shows for me.  Only time will tell.  It was the longest car ride I have taken for DSO and it was all gravy.  

DSO knocked it out of the park all 3 nights as far as I'm concerned.  I know I've never written a bad thing about the band and I wish they could suck just once so I didn't sound like a broken record with all of my reviews of their music.  

Happy New Year to all you kind folks and I'll see you down the line.  

• Forum MVP

Sun, the expression on your face all night long on NYE was fucking priceless. Can't say that I had anything to do with it....

You might not say it, but I certainly can!!!!!!    You have a true friend here brother, cause I have only  have got smiles and hugs from you since we first met at Black Mountain!!!!

Thanks for giving me a chance!!!!   Must offer one last note!!!!    You bounce just as high as I do, and move with much more grace!!!   Its a honor to share dance space!!!! 

Thanks for being part of the stuff that makes me smile}!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived