Summer Tour YAY!

Rude

• Forum MVP

Thanks guys for a Saturday St Louis summer show. Been waiting for one there. I'm sure it will be packed. Black mountain again on a Friday and Saturday will again be epic to finish the tour. Now I just need to see what else I can do :).

• Forum MVP

Sweet!!!! The Carolina run is busted this year. Wilmington to Atlanta is a 400 mile haul :/. Was hoping to string 4-5 shows together ending at black mountain.

• Forum MVP

Is that venue in St. Louis outdoors ?.... and if yes .... has anybody been ?

The Crow Festival in Jay, VT ..... goodness I need to find a way .... it is smack dang in the middle of summer and I am a Teacher ..... hmmm

Their site shows no outdoor venue.  Im guessing parking lot?  Regardless Im super pumped to get a close show :)

Hello Everybody,

Saw Jakes Leg (a local Grateful Dead Cover Band in St.Louis) at the OLD Rock House outside last summer - all concrete and on a "slant" with no "seating" just some tables set-up- kinda different but hey I will take a DSO show outside in the LOU at any location!!!  Have a great day everybody!!!

Thank you DSO!!!!

I was really hoping for the Yellow Springs freebie this summer too

I'd like to see DSO do a show at the new amphitheater here in Coshocton

It's been open for a year and I don't think they've even used it yet !

the place holds 5000, has a four lane highway all the way to it except for about the last 1/2 mile, lot's of camping within a reasonable distance, it could work !

• Forum MVP

Yippie!!!!

I am so excited!!!!    Got the last cabin today for Pocahontas!!!!  Blk Mountain with such delight!!!  

Alabama G......   You would enjoy Blk Mountain!!!!!

We all enjoy  Blk Mountain.   Pocahontas!!!   My first venue for DSO, so I am partial, and you walk from you camp site to the venue!!! 

Cant get enough of this stuff!!!!

• Forum MVP

Wahoo!!! Summer fun, rain or shine. DSO will heat up the night.

Another a Black Mtn fest! What a grooving venue. This past year still warms my heart.

So super psyched. I am totally catching that Atlanta show, too!

Thank you, DSO!

• Forum MVP

Must be flipping nice to hit all shows from east west east!!!!    

Ridiculous how I fight for my showings while others just seem to float from venue to venue on a magical wave ( I know it takes work no matter what and how many shows!!!)

though I get a bit green.......I love that others are continuing the tour tradition!!!    It makes my showings at venues that much more "hippy":}!!!!   Please keep it alive forever!!!!!

Never seen a show in Colorado.   But I will be at DSO's first Red Rocks appearance!!!!!!!!  With out a doubt.........Marital Anniversary, kids birth day, dogs death.........nothing would stop me from that venture!!!!!!!

Sorry about the thread drift.  

Wow...maybe my perpetual whining paid off.  At any rate thanks for a Summer Outdoor show in the STL..

I have no idea how they will set this up at the Old Rock House.  I was at the  Bluegrass Ball with Del McCoury  outside but  maybe 125, 150 tops.  That set up won't work for DSO.

My guess is they are coming up with some coherent strategy logistically to stage an outdoor show with 700 to a 1000  people.  Not sure how they are going to pull it off, but I will be there..It will be fascinating to see what they list as capacity for an outdoor show.  I think if anything they are understimating turnout for this gig based on the Venue they have  chosen, particularly since it has been years since they have played on a Saturday night.  I think the crowd will be huge DSO has played only one outdoor show here in the history of the band. Ties run deep in the Band in this town and the Grateful Dead community is large here.

Beggars can't be choosers but I would have gone with the Chesterfield Amphitheater or Jefferson Barracks Park.  See you in St. Louey!

• Forum MVP

In 2012 Saturday at the Pageant they packed that place up. This is a Saturday in the summer. I think they are seriously underestimating the crowd. St. Louis is a good dead town. It won't likely have the marketing machine the pageant has but still I'd guess 1500+.

My promoter friend books for Gramaphone among other venues tells me Old Rock House has someting in the works..My guess is they are going to put an outdoor venue in the area that currenly includes the unpaved parking lot hehind the venue and the current small outside stage area.  I son't think the paved parking lot if they set up a makeshift stage would be big enough. There has to be a global plan in the works of some sort.

Archived