Penns Peak

August West

• Forum MVP

A Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Jim Thorpe Wednesday morning into Wednesday evening. 6-10 inches of snow could fall along the Interstate 80 corridor and the SE Pocono Mountains.

From everything I've read it looks like the jackpot zone as far as the snow totals go. Everyone please be careful as all models are showing a significant event. Allow yourself extra travel time. Safe travels to the band and crew as well. Peace.

• Forum MVP

Thanks August!! Been a bit worried myself. Not taking 4wd this time around...so I am hoping the best but expecting the worst.

Leaving super early and taking it slow. Than the trip back 4 hours later. Not my smartest trip, but I am so used to in climate weather and DSO...the gods will be with us!!

Everyone do please be careful!!! Make sure u got road side service!!

8-12 inches of snow tomorrow at Penn's Peak...I'm not terribly surprised. I feel every year for the pre-thanksgiving peak show there is always some sort of snow storm threat. I remember last year driving down to the show on the turnpike which was pure white and taking it super slow. Although I think last year we only got like an inch or two if I remember correctly...8-12 is a whole different story. Regardless, everyone please leave extra extra early and drive so super slow. Remember that the venue is on top of a mountain so just be safe. Always a nice parking lot scene at Penn's Peak so getting there a few hours early won't be a bad thing ;) So excited to get out of work today and start my Thanksgiving vacation with an amazing DSO show tomorrow....followed by a nice Phil show on Saturday....followed by another amazing DSO show on Monday ;) Safe travels everyone and Happy Thanksgiving :) !!

• Forum MVP

positive vibes guys!!! Need no talk of refund or cancelation!!! I will literally strap every piece of equipment on my back and run it up that hill for a show!!!

Please be 3fingers make it happen!!!!!!

Sherpa

• Forum MVP

positive vibes guys!!! Need no talk of refund or cancelation!!! I will literally strap every piece of equipment on my back and run it up that hill for a show!!!

Please be 3fingers make it happen!!!!!!

Sherpa

He did it with my camping gear at Jubilee one year. I had about the same amount as DSO.

• Forum MVP

It is snowing it's ass off here boys and girls!! Sitting at Bob's in jim thorpe. Whole in the wall with good People. Good lubricating food!! Love this place. My father grew up in this area, so it's got family history mixed with a mountain quaker atmosphere!! The snow falling and dso tonight!!! I am exactly where I need to be...this must be heaven...and tonight I will cross the line!!!!

Thanks again dso for making these dreams a reality again!!!

• Forum MVP

Fuck fuck fuck...just got a call. Show is cancelled. Roads are better now than 3 hours ago!!!

I am beside myself..to mad to cry...and I just dropped so much loot and family coins for this. Where u at dso? Can I come to you...give u all my credit cards. Let u max em out and give me a song or two. I will bring some regulars. ..fuck fuck fuck. Fuck....fuck....the opera is playing tonight. What the fuck.... yes.. in moments of shock I say fuck a lot.....fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. Need to go on a long walk in snow right now, as the rug..floor...fucking airplane just dropped 30000 ft and my stomach is 20000 ft above me.....fuck....time for tears. Fuck. Fuck.....fuck...fuck

• Forum MVP

They drove from Vermont last night. They were very close to the venue at PP with Pearl and the truck. They tried very hard. They care about their fans. I feel really bad for my friends that were already there and waiting.

.....but who can the weather command?

• Forum MVP

Sorry agaianfor negative vibes:( had to do some inhaling breathing techniques to calm down. Money is a bitch..but it's a buisness. Just bummed as we all are who took energy resources and time to be here. Unfortunately emotions are a spectrum...and run just as high as they do low..and trying to control a loss when your so built up is tough. It's a long way up but a fast fall down, and it's tough to control...for me. It's raining here now. ..and it makes it tough to swallow.

Sorry for the foul language. Should erase but what is this music about if not expression. .both the beautiful and The ugly...and I exist in both states..we all do...I just am less restrained.

Safe travels to you fellow lovers, and will c u after Christmas!!!

Happy thanks giving, and I am just happy to spend the evening with some good people in a beautiful place!!!!

Edit: thanks dso for all you do!!! We need u as much as u need us, and the symbiotic relationship makes it a family!! Thank you for your best efforts!!! You give Your all, and we give ours. Can't see u Sunday...but for damn sure jam you out soon enough!! Safe travels, and be well!!!!

• Forum MVP

I feel bad for all the people who were disappointed tonight, but from what I heard, the DSO bus and truck could not make it up the hill. Although an inconvenience for sure, and a bummer too, at least everyone will be safe. I remember driving off the mountain after a DSO show at Penn's Peak a few years ago and my heart was in my mouth the entire time--I was positive I would drive off the road!, and it wasn't nearly as much snow/ice as tonight. Be safe everyone, hope you can get there on Sunday as Penn's Peak is a very special venue, and have a very happy Thanksgiving!! See some of you Friday and Saturday.  :grouphug:

Archived