Cleveland HOB

Ammagamalin Crew

• Forum MVP

I enjoyed it for sure ... had a nice spot to the left of the soundboard and the light board.... (also nice to catch up with Bryan)

Really enjoy these type of setlists..... saw many a show in '92 so brings back fond memories....

Wang and Maggie's 1st set were groovy .....

Gloria to end the show the entire crowd was a singing along !!

Lisa came out for the filler but I had a busy day at work today so me and buddy who went with me who also is in the education field had to boogie home so not sure what took place in regards to filler .....

Busy day at work today - 1/2 day tomorrow then on to INDY ....

Extra tune of Cats Under The Stars with Lisa.

FANTASTIC Set 1.  Everything long, jammed, exciting.  Maggie's WOW!  During Maggie's Jeff stared at Barraco while he was going off as if to say "you're not human, are you".  Scarlet > Fire, naturally, was a continuation in the long, jammed, exciting theme.  Gloria too, longer, jammy-ier than usual.  Good, long jam after He's Gone that probably should be its own entity. 

Long.  Jammed.  Exciting.  Awesome.  Period.

/endreview

Well, wait a sec.  Only question: Barraco was playing the organ on songs like Wang Dang Doodle.  Did Vinny do this?  I thought it was all synth and piano and whatnot in the Vinny era.  Not a complaint by the way, just wondering. 

• Forum MVP

Well, wait a sec.  Only question: Barraco was playing the organ on songs like Wang Dang Doodle.  Did Vinny do this?  I thought it was all synth and piano and whatnot in the Vinny era.  Not a complaint by the way, just wondering. 

True and observant.  Vince played a lot of virtual organ at this show and we basically said screw that.  We have a real organ right here so why not use it. 

House of Blues is such a fun place to see DSO.  The venue has its act together so there isn't much of anything to report about the place itself, other than a metal-detector inspection on the way in, only to be stamped for re-entry, and then at intermission there's no one re-checking the people re-entering, so what the hell is the point?? Wang Dang and Maggie's Farm in the first set were the ones that stand out to me, just fun songs in general.   Second set was much more packed down front, but not to the point of being cramped in any way.  Space was interesting.  It seemed Jeff found a new sound on his stringed instrument and Watchtower was appropriate as my wife chose to sport a Hendrix shirt that night.  I'll take a Standing on the Moon at any time, and it was a nice version the guys pulled out.  I enjoyed Lovelight being the ending tune, focused and not overly long, and going into Gloria to keep things upbeat.  We picked up a tour shirt from the merch store and some great DSO beer cozies which came in handy.  Well done to the boys & girl, and Skip has been blowing me away these last few shows, just damn impressive playing and powerful sound.  Half-day at work tomorrow and on to Indy with the pup & wife.

True and observant.  Vince played a lot of virtual organ at this show and we basically said screw that.  We have a real organ right here so why not use it. 

Hehe. Truer words were never spoken. 

• Forum MVP

Love this! would have thrown me through a loop trying to guess the era. Who wouldn't prefer to hear B3 organ over fake organ sound?

Still waiting for you guys to break out something post 92....I know are a lot of songs that aren't popular. I'm ready anyway~

• Advisory Board

we basically said screw that.  We have a real organ right here so why not use it. 

I love that!!!!!

I hope they wait for the 90's shows.  I've been listening chronologically on Archive.org to all the shows starting from 1969.  I am currently on Nov. 3, 1984 at Berkeley Community Theater.  I feel like I should send Charlie Miller a paycheck.  Same with Rob Eaton - always seeing both of their names in the taping and/or soundboard credits and Charlie's transfers are unbeatable.

So I went to youtube looking for vids of that sweet Cleveland HOB show and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUAdLdbdPuo

There's no actual video there, but it gives you a link where you can supposedly download the entire show in mp4 format (video, right?).  Now, I'm not clicking on any random-looking external link like that without being very sure it's going to be safe.  So before I check it out, does anyone know anything about this?  I did click on the user that uploaded this youtube, the name is "concertus", and "concertus" has tons, maybe 100+ videos of very recent concerts.  Again, does anyone know anything about this?  Is it legal?  Is it safe?  I thought I saw a guy doing video from behind the left side of the SBD, and thought there might be clips from him, or just cell phones.  Wasn't expecting this "concertus" thing at all.  :unsure:

Please.  Shed some light. 

• Forum MVP

So I went to youtube looking for vids of that sweet Cleveland HOB show and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUAdLdbdPuo

There's no actual video there, but it gives you a link where you can supposedly download the entire show in mp4 format (video, right?).

Please. Shed some light.

Don't do it. A crack investigator (Rude) has determined that the link you are referring to may have malicious intent. You will be forced to download proprietary software in order to pull the show.

I'm sure you'll get spammed merciliously. I'm not sure if you'll actually get what you seek. If you are just about ready for a new laptop, do it :)

House of Blues is such a fun place to see DSO.  The venue has its act together so there isn't much of anything to report about the place itself, other than a metal-detector inspection on the way in, only to be stamped for re-entry, and then at intermission there's no one re-checking the people re-entering, so what the hell is the point?? Wang Dang and Maggie's Farm in the first set were the ones that stand out to me, just fun songs in general.   Second set was much more packed down front, but not to the point of being cramped in any way.  Space was interesting.  It seemed Jeff found a new sound on his stringed instrument and Watchtower was appropriate as my wife chose to sport a Hendrix shirt that night.  I'll take a Standing on the Moon at any time, and it was a nice version the guys pulled out.  I enjoyed Lovelight being the ending tune, focused and not overly long, and going into Gloria to keep things upbeat.  We picked up a tour shirt from the merch store and some great DSO beer cozies which came in handy.  Well done to the boys & girl, and Skip has been blowing me away these last few shows, just damn impressive playing and powerful sound.  Half-day at work tomorrow and on to Indy with the pup & wife.

Hendrix gets credit for Watchtower?

• Forum MVP

I'd say Hendrix gets credit for making it a massive hit in the mainstream. Just like the dead made amazing "better" versions of other Dylan songs, Hendrix IMO made the best watchtower. If you asked 100 deadheads who wrote Masterpiece I bet half would say the dead. If u asked 100 rock fams who wrote watchtower I bet 90 would say Hendrix.

Archived