Raleigh

Tea

• Forum MVP

Original Recipe:

Alabama Getaway > Greatest Story, Push, Memphis Blooz, TLEO, Cassidy, You Win Again, Jack Straw, Love in the Afternoon*, LIG > Drumz > LIG.

Shakedown > Women, Crazy Fingers, Lost Sailor > Saint > Drums > Space > Alligator (Mtn Jam) > World to Give > Fantasy > Around x2

E: The Weight

* DSO debut

Super tight rocker! Crazy energy...

• Forum MVP

Ya Chuck.  We should have scheduled North Carolina after they cancelled the Florida run.  Those 3 shows look incredible.  I truly hope they have something special planned for Jamaica.  I'm not sure I've seen 3 shows in a row with set lists to my liking like that in awhile maybe ever.

• Forum MVP

Still beaming from these 3 shows as I sit in the airport awaiting return to reality. Thanks for the hospitality, Carolina guys. It wouldn't have been nearly as fun without you all on the run.

Three hour drive, close to four hour show, three hours back and worth every minute! Great energy, lots of people really dancing hard. There were lots of security people there, but I only saw a couple of them during the show, they pretty much left us alone and I didn't get the usual pat down heading in. I had a couple highlights, the Greatest Story was smokin hot! Jack Straw is always one of my faves. The second set Lost Saint was amazing. I think that's the first time I saw that one live in a very long time. As Rude said, no letdown, one hot show last night can't wait til Jubilee! 

• Forum MVP

Gotta feeling my post run blues will be severe this go around. The best back to back to back I've ever seen. Glad I got to share it with some really great people. Good call on the preshow sushi poetry girl. It was just exactly perfect. Rudedoggg discovered a previously untapped gear in his dance, and it kinda freaks people out. Hes now my favorite dance partner cause that joker will flat out clear some floor space. Report from the field is all positive as the band sounds better thAn ever. Cold weather seemed to follow the band on the winter tour. Time for some well deserved time in Jamaica, mon. Have fun everybody!

• Forum MVP

Nice! Love in the Afternoon...been waiting for that one for a while. Bring it back in California!

Sweet looking set, More than anything, stoked to hear about the good dancing. May our forces combine next time around. Not sure when that will be, my schedule is severely limited this year Maaaaaybe black mountain....

• Forum MVP

I never used to get why MC, mike and lots of others went to the back at shows. I always liked to be right up front with the big sound. I'm a changed man. Barely watched the band at all Charlotte and Raleigh and had the absolute best time. Those set lists didn't hurt obviously but using 100 square feet of dance space as my canvas just untapped this primal dancing in me. I was the music and it was a game changer for me.

• Forum MVP

It is better to hurt than not feel at all. .......

(Almost slept in my boots. Seriously shackled to get my slightly swollen dogs out. And then on again today? Haha)

the Triangle

Really well laid out venue. Space to be found to dance always, Big stage space. Ample bathrooms and liquid refreshment. No food though. I missed having an intermission snack

Great opening songs after two monster shows. You had to wonder where would they go.

Nice Nice big 80s drums , I believe in GSET. They came back around second set as Koritz and Dino laid it out. funky happy people jammin to drums up front right made it alright, alright.

Lyric left hanging....

Love in the Afternoon. Sweet

Drums in LIG like the Colorado summer show I listened to from last year.

Delicately crafted melodies, great harmonies. Oh wow. Just really fantastical. The voice interplay...

Standing out for me: Really the second set ..,, Shakedown, Alligator, World to Give. Happy to hear Dear Mr Fantasy.

I found myself thinking how precious free joyous spirit is and the beauty of a shared space, seeing its sacredness. Priceless. The beauty of WTG is what you hope you and your loved ones live.

• Forum MVP

Dancing and the rail (or anywhere center and closer to stage) don't mix. And I'm not taking about modified head bobbing here... I'm taking about the kind of dancing where you face directions other than the stage. Welcome to the big leagues {;

Man, I danced my ass off last night over by the shirt table and smoking door. Great show, cool vibes in the crowd and the music permeated down to my soul a few times!!!! Hope they come back fir a Wilmington show in the early fall.

• Forum MVP

Rude,

I rode the rail for most of my first 100 or so DSO shows.  I thought I danced.  I did not.  I didn't know what dancing was and I had only begun to get a feeling for the music.  I had a big change myself when I started to gravitate to the back and start to really let the music flow through me.  Like you said, I become the music.  Truly an amazing feeling.  I'm already feeling jitters waiting for my turn to spin in the Jamaican sun.  I will echo mangos sentiments.  Welcome to the big leagues.

• Forum MVP

What I want at a show is a hallway. Or track . Lol Seriously. I always want to dance in a ring around the sun when Let It Grow, Saint of Circumstance, Bird Song the like come on.

There is nothing in the world like dancing up a hallway. Through the spinners, the duck and weavers.

I never used to get why MC, mike and lots of others went to the back at shows. I always liked to be right up front with the big sound. I'm a changed man. Barely watched the band at all Charlotte and Raleigh and had the absolute best time. Those set lists didn't hurt obviously but using 100 square feet of dance space as my canvas just untapped this primal dancing in me. I was the music and it was a game changer for me.

went to 125+ shows - saw Jerry maybe a 1-2 dozen times.  i always found right behind SB was best bet for mix of sound and space. nobody would crowd there because u cant see anything.  most venues seemed to worry about getting the sound back at least that far, but didn't worry about the last rows of the place.  to poetry girl's point - the few places that had circular hallways at stage level AND piped the music into the halls made for great dance "marathons" 

Archived