Cryptical Envelopment>

Death Don't Have No Mercy

Morning Dew

Alligator>

Drums (w/ drummers' chant?--not sure if DSO does that)>

Caution! (w/ And We Bid You Goodnight jam?)>

Feedback>

And We Bid You Goodnight

Filler: Midnight Hour with Kevin on bass and Lisa joining to sing.

If DSO started playing early shows more often, I wonder if the quality of them would diminish.

I hope everyone's night was a blast! I'm happy for the friends who caught it.

• Forum MVP

Guys why was this not the jubilee show!!! Chicago just got the freaking goods. The post alligator jam was the craziest thing I've ever witnessed live. DSO blows my mind again. Holy shit that was the most epic jam ever.

• Forum MVP

Just listened to this whole run camping in the Ozarks. Jerry and the boys kill it. I'm partial to 2/28 from the fillmore. I'm glad you got an early one rude. From one source, it wasn't the boulder 69 or the jubilee 69 but it was a mindbender. I'm paraphrasing. Seems Rude thought it was even better. Good for him. His post make me feel he's experience DSO like I did in the begining. Every night best night ever. Best song is the one they playing. The music should never stop.

• Forum MVP

Just listened to this whole run camping in the Ozarks. Jerry and the boys kill it. I'm partial to 2/28 from the fillmore. I'm glad you got an early one rude. From one source, it wasn't the boulder 69 or the jubilee 69 but it was a mindbender. I'm paraphrasing. Seems Rude thought it was even better. Good for him. His post make me feel he's experience DSO like I did in the begining. Every night best night ever. Best song is the one they playing. The music should never stop.

This time Rude did witness as I did a top 10...even Dino sang a couple bars

• Forum MVP

I'm glad.  Just about every 69 I've seen was up there in my shows.  I'm also real partial to the era. Its what I want to hear.  It sucks to miss this one.  I feel you would've felt the same way about the Jubilee 69.  Just like I bet I would've agreed with your assessment on this one.  The GD shows from this era Pigpen 68 through 71 really blow my mind.  I just hope DSO keeps them coming.

• Forum MVP

Wow!!! Just Wow!!! These are the shows I most want to see when I get to see DSO. Bummed I couldn't go but am glad for those that got to witness it. Awesome!

Tonight is going to be special too! Probably the most GD-inspired energy in one city ever. Be safe everyone - the circus is most definitely in-town!!!

• Forum MVP

Fantastic. I bet the town is buzzing a little brighter today! Great guys!! So happy for you all. So glad you got that one Brad after the palooza reunion and missing Jubilee.

DSO brings it on this era!! What a show. The first set alone.....,,

• Forum MVP

I said what the #%^* at least 5x during that post alligator jam. The band knew they blew the roof off the way Dino and rob k were goofing around as they came back on stage for We Bid. It almost looked like Dino was trolling rob b as he returned. Rob k was dancing around. Just a fantastic show. And the crowd responded loudly. They got the rousing ovation they deserved.

I'm curious how many different jams the band did. There was the caution jam and a we bid you goodnight jam which was a crazy surprise and I could have sworn that I heard 1 or 2 other jams as the band continued to slow it then go in a different direction. The rest of the show was just the shit but from alligator on was where they showed no one in this town can do what they do right now.

• Forum MVP

I would so much rather be at this particular show, in this tiny venue, than at Soldier Field this weekend........just sayin'....

Someone said at the show "this is to show the Treyful dead how a 69 is done". 1 person not familiar with DSO said they are doing the deads Santa Clara show. I said I can guarantee you this is NOT the case lmao. I listened to that Santa Clara and musically not even in the same ballpark. But the soldier field has 70k heads and the energy and the experience will make up for the music quality. I'm planning on going tomorrow if we can get in reasonably. I want to show Meili the majesty of 70k people all in 1 spot with electricity in the air. A stadium show is something to behold.

• Advisory Board

It was another one for the record book. When the band plays 69 everything shifts onstage. Mattson left, Skip center and Eaton right. They stand closer to each other. The eye contact and smiles and laughing is frequent. This isn't the time for a collection of sweet dance tunes, this is the time for these musicians to bare their souls and lay it out there, hoping that afterwards there is something left to pack away and heal their sore bodies...

Yes to the "drummers chant". Actually it is the non drummers doing the chant while facing the drummers and the drummers mimicking it back to them instrumentally.

The Jam after Alligator I've heard called "Primal Jam" and for good reason. 2 months into 1969 and the band was really charting a path maybe not even knowing how what they were doing would develop into themes that would last 26 more years. Listen to it on Archive. It is primordial GD soup. DSO did it justice with a nice homage to the riffs of 
Bid you Goodnight/Goin' down the road feeling bad".

Yes I caught Dino singing. All you need...

Barraco is home when he puts on his Pigpen Mojo hand. That's all I need, just a touch... Love it!

Skip stands so tall in the dead center. Posture we should all strive for. Big hands playing big notes. Big sound. Big power. Beast (that's what the kids say...).

Mattson was way out front in an animated way. Remarkable. Inspiring.

Eaton's counter lead is so strong and in a show like this you see the raw ripping from his guitar. More big, strong hands that have taken a beating over time. Just awesome.

This kind of show is a gift. Bow and ribbon and everything.

Dr. B B)

• Forum MVP

Oh I forgot that Jeff and skips amps lost power for over a minute and eaton and the drummers rocked us out during an early song--think DS but don't remember exactly-may have been later. Eatons solo was very cool. They took it completely in stride and if someone didn't know better you would think that's how they planned it.

Archived