College Football 2015

bs69

• Forum MVP

Grier is an idiot. He can't play until November of 2017. Think he thought he could stack the year of penalty and year of transfer. Unfortunately he has to miss 22 months lol.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

The power rankings should be taken into effect. Michigan state was like 18th in those rankings hence bama was a huge favorite and dominated. This record nonsense had northwestern ranked 12th and Tennessee 25th and everyone knew Tennessee would destroy them. Iowa is 28th in the power rankings and they were proven true. Ranked 6th AP my ass. I loved all the people who said how good the big ten was at the top. Talent is the overwhelming factor of how good a team will be and Iowa, northwestern, and Michigan state lacked it in spades. Michigan was the exception. They lacked the high end talent but had superior coaching. Mccaffrey is a great player but 2nd tier tackling by Iowa led to his monster game. It was sad watching them try to tackle or chase after him lacking speed at most positions. You can coach a good offense without overwhelming talent but it's tough to do that with defense. Great defense will beat good offense and great defense will destroy bad offense. I'm still curious why people think Connor cook is a good QB. He was only 55% passing on the year and played a really weak schedule. Bama can make you look bad, but his stats weren't good to begin with.

• Forum MVP

Just to put Alabamas insanely brutal, hardest schedule in history into perspective, based on espns FPI rating they played 11 top 30 teams.

That includes 18th Michigan state and 26th wisconsin besides all other sec west teams(all 7 in top 30) and 3 teams in the east ranked in the top 30. 11 of the top 30 teams. Insane schedule. They played all the good sec teams and none of the bottom dwellers. I said b4 the year no way any team can make it to the playoff with that schedule. That's pretty much the parity of the NFL.

• Forum MVP

Florida and Texas A&M are not top 30 teams I don't care what the FPI says. The matchups were bad for some of the upper big ten teams. If Ohio state would have played Alabama, Michigan state v Notre dame, Michigan v Stanford and Iowa v Florida, things may look differently. The SEC was the best conference this year, but not by a huge margin.

• Forum MVP

If Alabama doesn't turn it over I don't see how they lose. They have had 2 games the whole year decided by less than 1 TD. They had 5 turnovers in the 5 point loss and several in the win over Tennessee.

• Forum MVP

Amazing game. Watson was spectacular. He was so dominant that he actually wore out the Alabama defense even though it's 19 deep of top guys. If not for bad Clemson D, this goes the other way. How fast was Bamas TE. Holy shit on that last huge run he outran every small DB badly. 5 catches for 208 yards. Number 1 TE from the class of 2013 and we saw why. If Bama didn't have the best D in the country, there's no way that they held Clemson to "only" 550 yards the way Watson was playing. 400 yards passing 73 yards rushing. He's coming back next year too. In the weak ACC, Clemson has to be a favorite to return to the playoffs and should be number 1 preseason. Bama is losing Henry and Coker and lots of superstar defenders. The SEC besides Bama should be better next than this year.

• Forum MVP

SEC isn't so great.  Alabama is.  They keep quoting all the titles in the past 10 years but how many of those were Alabama.  Clemson played great.  A few defensive miscues and a gutsy Saban call won this game.  The onside kick flipped the momentum.  The return TD seemingly ended the game.  

Watson was the best player on the field last night but the evil empire does live for another year.  

Here's hoping that the ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and Pac-12 all continue to gain ground.  We need a balancing in the force.  The darkside has been winning long enough.

Peace, love, and light for all but the SEC in the new year, ha.

• Forum MVP

Very entertaining game. No doubt the big plays were the difference. The onside kick, kick return, broken coverage TD and the pass in the flat that went down the sideline. It seemed that Clemson had the ball most of the time, but Alabama was scoring on quick strikes. Fun to watch. Clemson should be very strong next year.

• Forum MVP

recruit better mc. Bama won b/c of sheer speed on the kickoff and by their TE.

No ones gaining ground on the sec. The sec is taking a larger and larger chunk of the elite talent every year. Last year they literally had 50% of the 5-star athletes. U know the tight ends who are faster than any defender on Clemson and deshaun Watson who is also one of the 30-40 5-stars a year. The sec has never recruited better than the last 5 years. 10-15 years ago they would have 3-4 good teams any given year. The sec west had LSU and that's it for talent. The easy had Florida Tennessee and Georgia. It looked like the big 10 of today. Not that much of a challenge to go through the conference. Now the sec consistently pulls in half of the top 20 classes. They pillage the top talent. As a conference the sec is just getting stronger which should be good news for u guys. It means it will take a Herculean effort to make it there next year from any 1 team. Clemson has a cakewalk to the playoffs next year. Bama has another insane road.

• Forum MVP

Clemson opens at Auburn next year and goes to Florida St. I am guessing they also have a return trip to ND? Not sure on that one, but I think their schedule is tougher next year than it was this year. Big ten goes to nine conference games with no FCS allowed next year. Should be another great year

• Forum MVP

Clemson dodges ND in 2016-17

After Auburn and then 2 cupcakes, they have:  Louisville, NC State, Syracuse, Pitt at home.  They have FSU, BC, Wake, GT, and SC on the road.

Looks like a reasonably manageable path.

Yes Rude - I know - it's not the SEC......

• Forum MVP

Lol tea u could have said they have auburn then 2 cupcakes then Louisville and 2 cupcakes then Pittsburgh Florida state and 3 cupcakes and South Carolina. And they can likely lose to auburn ahd still go to the playoffs.

• Forum MVP

recruit better mc. Bama won b/c of sheer speed on the kickoff and by their TE.

No ones gaining ground on the sec. The sec is taking a larger and larger chunk of the elite talent every year. Last year they literally had 50% of the 5-star athletes. U know the tight ends who are faster than any defender on Clemson and deshaun Watson who is also one of the 30-40 5-stars a year. The sec has never recruited better than the last 5 years. 10-15 years ago they would have 3-4 good teams any given year. The sec west had LSU and that's it for talent. The easy had Florida Tennessee and Georgia. It looked like the big 10 of today. Not that much of a challenge to go through the conference. Now the sec consistently pulls in half of the top 20 classes. They pillage the top talent. As a conference the sec is just getting stronger which should be good news for u guys. It means it will take a Herculean effort to make it there next year from any 1 team. Clemson has a cakewalk to the playoffs next year. Bama has another insane road.

Rude, you should apply to be the publicist for the SEC.....you'd do great ;)

• Forum MVP

Derek Henry declared for the draft today. He had 146 carries in his last 4 games. He looked visibly tired during that Clemson game. 395 carries on the year and those were banging carries. He hit people. I think this year was so much that it's going to affect him in the NFL. You only have so many carries where u hit linebackers head on. Big early runs sometimes will wind a RB or WR for the rest of a game but don't think his 50yd td was the sole reason for his average performance. Early in the year he looked a lot better than he did end of season and same with Fournette. I think Henry would be a great NFL pick in the 2nd round and if you try to get him 5 passes a game in space you will be a better team b/c of it. He's so insanely fast for 6'4" 242 pounds and in space he's almost impossible to tackle but his physical play took a big toll IMO. He'd have been great running on those 90s Dallas teams as he's great downhill and he's so fast you don't catch him from behind.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Looks like Michigan pulled a bunch of freshman talent this year. They got the number 1 rated player along with 14 4-star players. Ohio state got 2 5-star and 15 4-star players. Huge class for them and best in a few years. Compare that to Iowa who got 0 5-star and 0 4-star players even with their perfect regular season lol. Michigan state had one of their best classes ever with 14 4-star players. Looks like the big ten's big 3 just separated themselves from the rest of the field. Note there are still a few 5-star players who haven't committed but they are likely UCLA bama Florida or Clemson bound but now the big ten is more than a 1 trick pony in Ohio state. Harbaugh was brilliant last year with 3-star talent. Let's see what he can do with top tier talent including the number 1 high schooler.

• Forum MVP

Looks like the top 20 classes stack up as follows.

8-SEC

3-PAC 12

3 big ten

2 ACC

3 big 12

1-independent Notre dame.

I don't see how Clemson doesn't make it back. Only 1 team really stands in their way in Florida state and with deshaun Watson at QB I expect another undefeated season from them. If not for an insanely brutal schedule, I'd pick ole miss to go as well as they brought in 2 top 5 guys to replace 3 top 15 NFL draft picks and chad Kelly is returning. If bama had their QB returning it would be another story but unfortunately they are lacking there. Bamas defense will likely be even better than last years with several 1st round guys returning to college!!! I was shocked to see so many returning that were 1st and 2nd round locks.

• Forum MVP

I don't care much for these rankings.  Sign 2 guys in the top 50 and you jump 20 plus spots? So if two guys make that big of an impact.  One injury or transfer from an SEC top 20 recruiting class would make it outside the top 30.  I'd rather wait to see how they perform.  SEC still on top right now.  

Archived