College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I never ragged any team playing scrub games. It's part of football. I ragged teams' weak conference schedules. I stated that the polls were too harsh on teams that lost to Bama. Bama will beat if not destroy most teams in the country now. Should you drop that much when they beat you? They are making every team look bad with their pro defense. Dak Prescott was the 5th rated QB in college and he got sacked 9x. They held fournette to nothing. Does that mean fournette sucks. He was one of the most dominant runners I've ever seen but he was hit behind the line of scrimmage 10x.

Ohio state is deserving of a playoff berth based on the fact that they are now dominating the scrubs. Iowa is not dominating.

I like the fact of college hoops where you only have to argue the 12 seeds and if you are that low then it's not like you could contend anyway. I'd be ok with 1 team each from the power 5 with 1 non power 5 team. The bottom 4 have a play in to play the top 2 teams. That way when 1 conference is super deep they aren't penalized. This would also allow for a stronger non conference schedule b/c a loss wouldn't effect your chance to win your conference. The PAC 12 will be left out this year and possibly another power 5 conference. But we'd have to address that Notre dame will always be the best non conference team. They should be forced to join a conference if they want to play for a title.

• Forum MVP

Buckeyes have gone down. As a buckeye fan I am very upset. Michigan state played well, but i am beyond furious with our offensive coaches. They make Tressel look like a big 12 coach. We played right into their hands. We are an incredibly talented team that is being killed by coaching.

• Forum MVP

They would still be behind Iowa if they win out. Nice win by the citadel today, Florida Atlantic also. Now that the pressure is off,I expect Ohio state to win big the rest of the way. Difficult to hold the crown

• Forum MVP

Ohio state had 132 yards and 5 1st downs by a defense that has allowed 380 yds a game vs a weak schedule. Why were they not going down field??? Michigan states secondary is extremely weak. They have very poor pass defense. Horrible play calling. Ohio state seemed like they were trying to just not make a mistake vs trying to win. This game made zero sense. Worst offense performance by a good team that I've ever witnessed. I wanted the Bama Ohio state rematch :/.

Here's my 4 final predictions and they assume all win out(FPI stats do not include this weeks games)

Clemson 5th FPI

Bama 3rd FPI

Oklahoma 1st FPI

Notre dame 7th FPI

Here's why this is the best lineup as long as they all win out. Everyone of these games would have spreads no more than 4 points. Every one of these teams would be a 12-16 point favorite over Iowa. Note that 3 other big 10 teams and 8 SEC teams would be vegas favs over Iowa. I'd rather have legit good talented fast teams than a team that makes the playoffs b/c they avoided the best 3 teams in their conference. Iowa's 2 "signature victories" are Wisconsin and northwestern and they are not strong teams and definitely not signature wins by any stretch of the imagination. Vegas shows no bias b/c it's about money. These 4 teams are all top 7 in the FPI so computers like them as well as polls. Tossups are much more fun to watch and none of these teams have a big advantage over any other and they are all loaded with top talent. Oklahoma is number 1 in the FPI meaning they would be favored over every team in the country and they thoroughly beat Baylor and TCU. They also beat Tennessee which is top 15 in the FPI. To leave out the best team in the country would be an atrocity. Bama is a lock if they win out with the number 1 ranked schedule. Florida won't and shouldn't get in even if they win out. They are 15th in the FPI. They have a solid record but unconvincing wins. They are like Michigan state but better but both snuck by with too many close wins. Unfortunately floridas solid QB was suspended a year killing their chance. Michigan state should be looked at like a team with 1.5 losses b/c that Michigan game. note Ohio state was 4th FPI hence 2 TD favs over Michigan state. Baylor and TCU are the other top 7 teams but TCU will drop b/c of losing Boykin and losing big to Oklahoma. Unfortunately for Baylor their schedule sucked and they lost to Oklahoma and the big 12 doesn't get in 2, but if it was a march madness type tourney Baylor could possibly be the favorite to win it all. The only iffy team is Notre dame. Even though Notre dame would be a 12 point favorite and Notre dame will have a much harder schedule with better signature wins, the committee seems to like Iowa.

I'm really hoping that Bama doesn't get Oklahoma 1st game. I was thinking it would be Bama and Ohio state 2nd and 3rd but Oklahoma is a different animal. The biggest travesty would be if Oklahoma gets left out especially if they beat 3 top 10 teams to finish the season. I think the top 3 spots are locked but the 4th is up for grabs.

• Forum MVP

Chaos has struck. I know you don't like Iowa, rude, but they are definitely in if they win out. I expect a lot more chaos the next two weeks. Should be fun. Strange as it sounds, the buckeyes still have a shot with a big win next week if things go their way in other games.

• Forum MVP

Oklahoma beat TCU minus Boykin and their top wideout by 1 point. They were down to scores to start the game. They did have a period were they had a commanding lead but I hardly call that thoroughly beating someone.

Lol. I turned it off to watch the Arkansas miss St game at 30-13 like you did. Okl losing baker mayfield hurt them horribly. I posted b4 the ending. Crazy

• Forum MVP

Chaos has struck. I know you don't like Iowa, rude, but they are definitely in if they win out. I expect a lot more chaos the next two weeks. Should be fun. Strange as it sounds, the buckeyes still have a shot with a big win next week if things go their way in other games.

I now want Iowa in. I want them 3rd and Bama 2nd. Nick saban was talking about the problem with NFL reviews coming out the week before the 1st playoff games and kids deciding their futures when they should be focusing on the game. That would be good news for Iowa b/c they don't have pros. Avoiding mich, mich st, and Ohio state is the only reason they are undefeated if we can be honest. This Nebraska game will be their 3rd hardest game based upon the Vegas line. What a schedule lol. This would be Alabamas 10th hardest game lmao based on the line. To restate this, Bamas 3rd easiest game would be Iowas 3rd hardest. My whole point is if Iowa had a legit schedule no way they are even close to undefeated. They only are that high based on a system (ap poll) that compares apples to oranges. Every other team that's hoping for a playoff spot is liked by computers besides Iowa. They will be such massive underdogs to win if they get in. It will be like last year when Florida st. had no business being in the playoffs and their 1st game loss showed that. Hell Ohio state would be a legit contender still to win it with the number 4 FPI vs the now 28th FPI of Iowa. I still think if Oklahoma wins out, they deserve it more than Iowa with their signature wins.

• Forum MVP

I think there is a very good chance that Iowa will lose at Nebraska next week. I also think that Stanford will beat Notre dame and Florida state will beat Florida. A lot can still happen. If OK state beats Oklahoma next week, does the big 12 get shut out again?

• Forum MVP

If Oklahoma wins they go. They are ranked number 1 in the vegas metrics. They will have beaten 3 straight top 10 teams. Plus they have a solid win over TN out of conference. They have been destroying the weak teams. But if baker mayfield is not able to play b/c of that cheap shot from TCU, they may lose. I think Notre dame is the one on the hot seat atm.

• Forum MVP

Lol. Iowa is a 2 point favorite over Nebraska. The bookies respect them even less than I do. Well 5-6 Nebraska is their 3rd hardest game spread wise. The 4th strongest team in the big ten wants to be in the playoffs. Every other team vying for a shot is the top power team in their conference. Iowa is behind Ohio st, Michigan and Michigan state. Lucky for them they played none of those teams lol. Sorry but the way these playoff teams get ranked BLOWS!!!! Ohio State or Michigan state had to lose b/c they actually played one another. I remember when BYU was undefeated and wasn't considered for the exact same reasons I'm stating. Oh we are in the big ten so we deserve it. Umm yes u are but u didn't play the best 3 teams in your conference hence u are undefeated. They had a great season. I cannot dispute that. They played WELLLLLLLLL over their heads. It's hard as Houston showed even when playing all scrubs to go undefeated. But they aren't in the same league as anyone else contending for that 4th spot. Its like comparing a 5 loss Big east team in basketball that year they had 10 top 25 teams to say a 4 loss Ky team in the SEC. I'd take the 5 loss team all day. Now if they dominated the way UK did last year during their 38 straight that's different. UK had the talent to back it up. But Iowa hadn't looked that good. Purdue was in the game late in the 3rd quarter down 7 in their last game. Purdue is a team that shouldn't be in a game with a national champ contender. Purdue is close in the power ratings (85-103) to Charleston southern that Bama was beatng 49-0 at the half. This is the time of year that teams have to prove it and Iowa finished with 3 cupcakes in addition to the rest of their cupcake schedule and never looked that good all year. Anyone remember how TCU gets bumped from 3rd while winning by 60 last year. If they keep the same formula Iowa would drop.

• Forum MVP

Clemson

Bama

Oklahoma

Iowa

Mich st

Notre dame

What I don't get is mich St above Notre dame. Notre dame is 4-1 vs FPI top 40 and mich St is 3-0. Notre dame lost to the number 1 team and beat 4 top 40. Mich state loses to a scrub and played only 3 top 40 teams. And Michigan state beat Oregon when Oregon was very bad. This Oregon team now is actually very good and a scary team to have to play in a bowl, but they have had a complete turnaround. No way does Michigan state deserve a playoff spot. They were 0-6 vs the spread to start the year barely beating bad teams. They shouldn't have beaten Michigan. Bad coaching on that one. Ohio state gave them that win. Worst coaching maybe ever for a team that good. Mich St continued to drop in the ranks as they stayed undefeated. Do they not remember how every article was how overrated Michigan state was. Notre dame had an off game vs the team that's allowed less yards than anyone in football and Michigan state jumps them? Did Michigan state impress vs Ohio state?? Absolutely not. Ohio state looked like a division 2 school with the art teacher taking over for the football coach who was caught sleeping with a male soccer player. You beat a team who had 5 1st downs on a last second field goal. What about those 1st 6 games you were horrible vs baddddd teams. So the 4th and 5th teams are not in the top 20 of the FPI.

The best comment I heard was super biased Kirk herbstreit who should never have done the Ohio state/Bana game as he played for Ohio state said that both Michigan state and Iowa should be in lmao.

So if Michigan state beats Iowa and Notre dame beats Stanford there's no way anyone can tell me that michifans body of work is better than Notre Dames.

• Forum MVP

Oregon lost their quarterback after the Michigan St. game, that is when they went downhill. A one loss Michigan St. or Ohio St. or an undefeated Iowa as the Big 10 champ would all go ahead of Notre Dame. I could see Notre Dame going ahead of Ohio ST. if they beat Stanford convincingly (I think they will lose anyway) but the other two are in a position to win out and be in. Notre Dame still has a really good shot to get in as long as they win. There will be other unexpected losses. should be good.

• Forum MVP

Notre Dames problem is a lack of good wins. Stanford would be a solid win on the road, but they will also have 3 losses if Notre Dame beats them with another potential loss in the Pac 12 championship game. Still a lot to shake out. Everyone, with the possible exception of Clemson, would be eliminated with a loss. By my calculation, there are currently 13 teams that still have a chance. The top five are all in if they win out, the other 8 need help. Notre Dame is in the best position to move in if one of the top 3 lose or if Iowa and Michigan St. both add a loss.

• Forum MVP

I wouldn't put Ohio st or Michigan st or Oklahoma ahead of ND if they win out. Look at who you lost too. ND down 2 to the top team. Only thing changes my opinion on that would be a loss to stanford or a loss by e.

Notre dame also has a much much harder schedule than Michigan st or Iowa. Notre dame is about to play their 6th game against FPI top 40. Iowa will close with 2 total and Michigan st with 3. Thats why they have such good records. Horrible schedules. Ole miss is higher in the FPI than Iowa. Do they deserve to be in a playoff. Absolutely not. But they are 8-3 vs a rough schedule of teams of mostly their same strength. You will accumulate losses just like in the NFL.

• Forum MVP

Notre Dames problem is a lack of good wins. Stanford would be a solid win on the road, but they will also have 3 losses if Notre Dame beats them with another potential loss in the Pac 12 championship game. Still a lot to shake out. Everyone, with the possible exception of Clemson, would be eliminated with a loss. By my calculation, there are currently 13 teams that still have a chance. The top five are all in if they win out, the other 8 need help. Notre Dame is in the best position to move in if one of the top 3 lose or if Iowa and Michigan St. both add a loss.

Lack of good wins?? Their strength of schedule dwarfs Iowas and Michigan states. Both those teams play scrubs last game while Notre dame plays Stanford. Notre dame played 2 top 10 while Michigan played 1 and Iowa no top 20 teams. i pray that northwestern plays any of the 8-4 unranked sec teams.

• Forum MVP

Notre Dame has a chance for a good win against Stanford. Right now their good wins are navy and temple. I would say wins against Oregon, @Michigan, @ Ohio state are stronger. Of course, northwestern already beat that Stanford that would be a good win for Notre Dame

• Forum MVP

After going back I don't necessarily disagree with you. They are both a toss up. Michigan st looked so horrible early in the year. Their 1st 3 quarters were really bad football. They had way too many close games with really bad teams like Purdue and Rutgers. I lost a lot of respect for them and if they didn't start the year so high no way they would be mentioned now. If you are ranked 20th you don't go up in the polls with those wins early on. But Notre Dames top 40 games were all bottom of the top 40 besides the loss to Clemson. I'm still pissed at harbaugh for not telling his punter to just take the sack if you fumble the snap. You have to coach for those situations. Heck they could have hiked it to a running back and he just ran in the end zone and took a safety and the ensuing punt would end the game. I look at that miracle win as a half loss if comparing 2 teams. But currently the big ten has 3 possibles to get in the playoff. That's way too much respect for a conference so top heavy with subpar schedules. Finishing the year with 3 11-1 teams is crazy for 1 conference. Ohio state is still clearly the cream of the crop and would be 10-14 point favs again if they had to play mich St again. Bama and most of the country wants to see that rematch so I'm hoping that Ohio state wins 1 of their 2 tough games this year and Michigan state shows their true colors and loses to lowly pen name state. Yes Bama has a much bigger chance of losing to Ohio state the Iowa, but I'll take it for the sake of a toss up game.

Archived