College Football 2015

bs69

• Forum MVP

So Michigan state played their best game of the year by far. They looked very good but Michigan still had the game and the win and the unthinkable happened. If the idiot punter just took the sack it would have taken a Hail Mary but no he was an idiot. I blame harbaugh for not telling him if it will be blocked just take the sack at the 40. Holy shit what a stunner.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

That was unbelievable. It will be interesting to see how Michigan bounces back. I was really impressed with Cook, he made a lot of good throws in tight coverage. He will be another of the Michigan state quarterbacks playing for years in the pros, good not great.

I was glad to see Urban finally come to his senses and leave Barrett in, I think we got a bit of our mojo back last night.

How did Oklahoma lose to Texas?

Utah continues to impress, looking like they will play Stanford to represent out of the Pac 12.

It is looking more and more likely that the winner of Clemson and Florida St.will run the table, bad news for SEC teams.

I do not believe in Baylor, they will lose. If not, teams like Ohio state, Alabama or Stanford will beat them. But I think Oklahoma will get them first.

Fun weekend, won't be able to watch anything next weekend, off the grid camping at mammoth with friends and the kids, I trust the buckeyes will be able to take care of Rutgers

• Forum MVP

It was all right there for U of M.....

Bad snap......

FALL ON IT!!!!!!!

Nope:

460x.jpg

Gift wrap it to the men in green and white.....

I'm still sick to my stomach :mellow:  

Get off the mat boys - take out your frustration on Minnesota!

• Forum MVP

Hey, at least the Lions won, so you've got that going for you

giphy.gif

I like my sports misery represented in as many mediums as possible.  Too bad the board doesn't link embedded audio or I would get out of control....

At least the Laydowns won't break their own 0-16 record of futility.

• Forum MVP

Ole Miss down to Memphis. Memphis does appear to be pretty good but when I look at the rankings, the losses, and the records, the SEC looks a lot like the other power 5 conferences. I don't think even Rude (representing the SEC faithful) can really argue with that anymore. Look at the bright side, both Bama or LSU could win the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Some decent games tonight. I have been impressed with North Carolina. I have also been watching TCU and West Virginia and it appears that the refs have been given instructions that TCU can't lose. Twice they have been given bogus pass interference calls on third and long to keep drives alive and both have resulted in touchdowns

• Forum MVP

I have been impressed with North Carolina.

The Tar-Holes have put it all together since that loss to SC. That said, they got Miami, Duke, State, VT, remaining. Not murderes row, but UNC has just as much of a chance of losing them all as they do winning them. Still - a very good season so far!

Last ACC title for UNC? 1980.

• Forum MVP

The Tar-Holes have put it all together since that loss to SC. That said, they got Miami, Duke, State, VT, remaining. Not murderes row, but UNC has just as much of a chance of losing them all as they do winning them. Still - a very good season so far!

GO DUKE !!

• Forum MVP

GO DUKE !!

Holy shit.....what a crazy finish to the Duke/Miami game........gut wrenching way to lose for my Blue Devils, but I have to hand it to Miami.......that shit was crazy......

UNC/Duke is going to be fun next week.......we'll see what this Duke team is really made of......

• Forum MVP

Even if it took forever, the replay guy should have taken the time to make sure the right call was made.  I'm not a Duke fan but Cudcliffe is very the definition of class and his team deserved better than that debacle.

• Forum MVP

Good lesson opportunity for those duke players and coaches. This is life. It's not fair. Mistakes happen. They aren't always righted. The teaching opportunity here is worth way more than the win. We raising young men right. In comparison to what's at stake, the game is worthless.

• Forum MVP

First poll comes out tonight. Not sure what the committee will do and it doesn't really matter because it will play out, but here are my top ten right now based only on what has transpired this year:

1. Clemson

2. LSU

3. Michigan St.

4. Iowa

5. Ohio St.

6. Notre Dame

7. Baylor

8. TCU

9. Alabama

10. Florida

• Forum MVP

Lmao at Iowa and Michigan state ahead of Ohio state. At least Ohio state has beaten the scrubs by a decent margin. Iowa will go the whole year not playing a rated team. An entire year and only 2 teams are in Sagarins top 40 and they are just sneaking by. I predict Iowa will be 11th and Michigan state 7th. Ohio state will be 2nd or 3rd. Clemson and LSU will be top 3. Baylor should be 1 but they won't. They would be favored over every team in the nation even though their schedule sucks. Alabama will be probably 5th. They have played 6 teams in the FPI top 40 so far and have 3 more scheduled. If they win out they get the 1 spot.

• Forum MVP

Iowa is 2-0 against the top 25. I am not sure about this FPI, but I suspect it takes margin of victory into consideration, which I don't subscribe to. The problem with victory margin is that it favors the wide open offense/no defense teams. A 21 point win in the big 12 is comparable to a 10 point win in the big 10 or SEC

• Forum MVP

If Alabama loses they will fall outside the top ten and be finished. If LSU loses they will also be in big trouble because they will need a lot of help to win the SEC west, but they will remain in the top ten for now

• Forum MVP

SEC bias is alive and well

1. Clemson

2. LSU

3. Ohio St.

4. Alabama

5. Norte Dame

6. Baylor

7. Michigan St.

8. TCU

9. Iowa

10. Florida

Alabama and LSU square off this week. I wonder how far the loser falls.

The SEC bias comes from the talent. Iowa has very little. Yes you are right that talent doesn't 100% make a team but you can see what TCU's talentless D has done for them. Overall the SEC has the best D in the nation and its not close. On offense, the PAC 10 and parts of the big 12 are better for sure, but I'll take defense any day of the week. Alabama has a pro D. Pretty much every starter will get drafted. Their 2012 D had 12 people on D drafted over the 12 and 13 drafts. That's how you allow 8.8 points a game. Iowa should go undefeated with their remaining schedule. They avoid the 2 michifans and Ohio state.

Ohio state has good D. Michigan state has a bad d. That's why Ohio state is in and mich state is sneaking by everyone.

• Forum MVP

We'll see. It will depend on other outcomes, of course, but they won't be able to put a 2 loss Alabama ahead of the unbeaten teams. You may even see Memphis sneak into the top 10 next week.

Archived