College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Like I said. 3 sec teams looked bad. The nice thing about the sec is there aren't only 3-4 good teams. Ole miss, bama, A&M, LSU, Georgia and ky just keep rolling along. The UK was a joke btw. They suck but somehow know how to beat SC. Sorry Chris. But yesterday was one of THE best weekends of football I've seen. Using dvr and my patented fast forward between plays we watched Tennessee, LSU, UK and much st v Oregon in full at the same time. Every one of those games had an amazing finish and of course I can't forget the auburn game. Wanted them to lose as I love huge upsets. Alas that wasn't to be. 5 games that came down to the last possession. Epic weekend!!

• Forum MVP

Did you read the article? The so called depth of the SEC may be falling apart. There may only be a few good teams. Some of original 8 to 10 preseason "good" teams simply aren't and hopefully the voters dont think wins over Auburn and the other SEC fodder matter so much. Seems more like the other conferences now. 2 or 3 good horses and the others are just easy wins.

• Forum MVP

I think Paul Finebaum said it best this morning ..

you SEC fans should just shut up and play each game each opponent because clearly your conference ain't as good as your saying .. while your at it stop worrying about who Ohio State plays ...that means you Alabama who did not cover you Auburn whoo barely beat an FBS school you Arkansas who lost to a Ohio MAC team in Little Rock you Florida who just snuck by you Missouri ... etc etc

• Forum MVP

If you actually believe that top to bottom any league compares you are fooling yourselves. It's true the SEC doesn't really have 5 dominant teams that doesn't mean they have the overall top league. And Matt, I guess u know Ohio state didn't cover either. It's bad when a league is like 16-3 vs non conference opponents is on par with a 2 ranked big 10. I'm not trying to be a dick but I'm pretty impartial in my football analysis. All year I've said Ohio state is the one to beat. But besides Ohio state no one has looked solidly good so far that's ranked 2-10. It's wide open in that aspect. The middle is where the SEC is so hard. No pushovers. And you can't argue with NFL talent coming out.

• Forum MVP

I don't know why you won't get over the NFL talent.  You could put 3 NFL players on the Rutgers right now and make me there coach, we wouldn't do all that well.  Come draft time.  I'd have 3 first rounders and someone with your analysis, would say my 6 and 6 team underachieved look at the level of talent coming out, but fail to see we weren't a good football team.  I'm waiting to judge conferences further into play.  So far, Big 10 looks to have 2 very promising top 10 teams.  I guess MSU beating Oregon doesn't impress.  The SEC loves their top 10 games, but wants to ignore that.  I think ND has looked all right and USC and Alabama have handled their business.  I would say a few of the top 10s have impressed.  Other simply did not.  Namely Auburn.  Let's give it sometime.  Season is early.  The SEC still has time to impress.  Big 10 looks like the big dogs right now and Big 12 close behind.  I don't care top to bottom.  They both have 2 top 5 teams.  The best teams, but it is way too early to call that.  

Funny top to bottom still looks like SEC v Pac 12, but their cream of the crop doesn't look as promising.  I'm still looking at USC though.

• Forum MVP

Well the reason Ohio state is so good MC is because they have NFL talent on both sides. Besides Baylor and TCU, the majority of top 10 teams are loaded with nfl talent. I'm not saying it's the only thing of course and I was never talking that sec should have 2-3 in playoffs. My only point is that top to bottom it's absolutely brutal. You can call out those 3 teams that looked bad but 6 others impressed. Look at baylors D. That's what happens when u have zero nfl talent. This game is all about speed and talent. You won't go undefeated unless u have an easy schedule BYU years past or talent like Ohio state or USC who has pretty much the most.

Any I'm guessing you missed the ND game as they looked like they had lost just like auburn. Michigan state looked good in their win. If we are honest no top 10 was overpowering so far. Mississippi has looked the best but they have too many roadblocks starting next week vs Alabama.

• Forum MVP

That 2 point conversion returned the other way had to sting. We were like holy shit this changes everything. Devastating play. UK had the most messed up game plan. Run up the middle. Go 3 and out and punt and hope to hold on in the end. That 50 yards of offense in half 2 was just enough.

• Forum MVP

Some big games this week. G techs huge offense on the road at Notre dame. Very intriguing. Ole miss and their b2b 70 pointers at Bama. I feel bad ole miss has to have this game so soon and at Bama which is almost impossible to win at. LSU at home playing auburn. Auburn may have looked bad but they are still dangerous. But it's rare LSU loses at home. On another note, UK has lost 28 straight to Florida but this year Florida is only a 3 point favorite. I was at a brutal loss in around 1993-95 where Danny weurffel threw a 30yd TD as time expires to beat them and had to watch last years heartbreaking loss that was we thought locked up. I'm not dumb enough to bet UK but this could be the year the nations longest active losing streak to 1 team is broken. Note at 1 time UK had the 2 longest active losing streaks. They beat Tennessee to end that. South Carolina last week also ended 22 straight road losses in the SEC for UK so boys we are on a roll!!!! If we pull a win here all we have to do is beat Georgia on the road as well as UT, Missouri, auburn, miss state and Louisville and beat the West winner in the sec championships and we are in the playoffs!!! The dream is alive in Kentucky!!!

• Forum MVP

I think this may be the year Kentucky beats Florida. I will be in Lexington this weekend for my son's baseball tournament at eastern ky. and Transylvania. Trying to find a room for Saturday night is a struggle, probably going to have to stay in Richmond

• Forum MVP

Stoops has been a major disappointment. He got 2 straight top 25 classes and the job based on his name but he's done a poor job coaching the talent. This year his recruiting dropped way down as his promises of making UK a contender to high school recruits isn't holding water. Rich brooks was one of the worst recruiters in college football but he could coach the hell out of 2nd tier talent. UK was ranked as high as 7th with no talent one year. The problem is that in the SEC you can't hide being talentless and after starting 6-0 that year and beating a number 1 or 2 LSU he lost 5 of the last 6.

• Forum MVP

At least we have some juicy matchups in the SEC this week. I may be wrong, but I think Ole Miss is going to be exposed as a fraud. Only B1G matchup is Rutgers v Penn St., loser of that one sees their season go down the toilet.

Greg, what the hell is going on at Rutgers? 

• Forum MVP

Wow I thought Clemson would crush lowly Louisville last night but home field is just a monster advantage in college. The spread was only -6 for Clemson vs 0-2 Louisville. I almost picked that as a pick but it seemed fishy. It just shows that Vegas can tell you the true strength of a team that the rankings won't show. I think I read before that home field will swing a spread around 6 points in college. I doubt the pro game has that large a swing.

• Forum MVP

Wtf. Anyone watching end of Ohio state game??? Trying to run out clock OSU hikes 2nd down with 20+ seconds on clock then they punt with 13 secs on the play clock. They gave NI 35 extra seconds. Never saw a team trying to run the clock do this under 3 minutes. Sorry but based on play this year Ohio state isn't number 1. They are lucky they have a cupcake schefule b/c u play like this vs strong teams and you lose. Must be nice. And if we are honest, LSU, Bama and Georgia and maybe more go undefeated at least until last game with that schedule. Unfortunately for a DSO brother they aren't covering the spread either and costing him money.

So auburn -40 wins by 7 and drops 12 spots in the rankings. Seems hypocritical if OSU doesn't drop. And tonight Alabama plays their 2nd ranked team of the tear which will be 2 more than OSU plays until their 11th game.

I'd guess that likely 8-10 overall teams could go undefeated with the OSU schedule. It's like comparing when Murray state won 30+ straight in the OVC vs duke losing several. You can't compare the 2. But here we are giving OSU a playoff spot for winning 1 legit game and is Michigan state that legit? Michigan state at number 4 seems laughable to me as well. They are not impressive.

Archived