College Football 2015

bs69

• Forum MVP

This is by far the most accurate predictor so far that I've seen. Ohio state has an FPI of 22.8. Indiana 0 which means Ohio state should win by 22.8 but it's at Indiana so the spread should be 19.8. The opening spread is 19.5. Use that link to compare others. It is pretty close to all the spreads and a MUCH better predictor of strength than a poll.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I checked out that FPI link and it has Tennessee and Georgia tech ranked higher than Utah?

Utah jumped a ton but it takes early games into consideration with an emphasis on most recent. It's why Arizona only fell a little bit getting destroyed. And Tennessee has been very impressive this year, except the last couple minutes lol. I'm not a vols fan as they are a big rival but they have been so down over the last 5 years and this year they have finally broken through. So far this year only 3 times a team has lost a 13+ point 4q lead and 2 were UT. Losing on the road to Florida with Florida converting on a 4th and 14 was heartbreaking for their fans as well as losing a 17pt lead to a solid Oklahoma. Good!!! Suck it rocky top

If Michigan continues to play well and Utah outperforms the spread they will go up. They had a close game vs Utah state and an average win over Fresno. Every team will have a good and bad game. Oregon has always had a porous D. Utah beat Utah state 24-14 so we will see if Utah is for real or not.

But FPI had a limitation. You may be a solid team, but if you can't win then you won't be in a playoff even though may have a high power index. Tennessee is a team who can't close the deal. Floridas FPI will actually go up if say Georgia only beats Florida by 1 point but Florida will drop in the polls.

• Forum MVP

Charlie Strong will be out at Texas ... Nick Saban will coach the Longhorns next year ....

I think Texas is the most improved team in the country. Last year they were horrendous. Bama has the best facilities in the country. No way saban does anything but retire at Bama.

But.....I've said Calipari will leave uk for about 3 years now and I've been wrong and I've realized predicting coaching changes is an impossible scenario. They will sign a 3 year extension and leave 1 week later.

• Forum MVP

If Oklahoma can win this game they need to go to top 5. They have played real teams so far and have performed. Coming back vs Tennessee on the road was a huge win. West Virginia is no joke. They have returned to prominence. I'm praying for Michigan state to lose to one of the worst teams in the country today so they can straight up drop out of top 25. Today are 2 key games for Ohio state and michigan state. They both need to win very convincingly. Don't forget that the Bcs committee uses computers in their analysis and they look at each game. Michigan state is currently 28th in tbe sagarin and 20th in the FPI. Currently Ohio state would be in the playoff but not Michigan state.

On another note West Virginia plays 4 straight ranked teams in ok, ok st, at TCU and at Baylor. If they somehow go 8-0 in that stretch, 1 it will be a literal miracle and 2. they could make a case for number 1. That's as good as any sec schedule if not even harder. If there's an undefeated big 12 school I think it will be another miracle. The schedule is top brutal. Same with PAC 12. Schefules are way too hard to win out. I'm calling it now that Ohio state wins out and no one else does. The only team with a shot is Georhia and that's b/c they are in the sec east. But they still have Bama, Florida, UT, Missouri, UK and then the winner of the west. That's brutal but not as brutal as having to win the west then play Georgia for the championship.

Edit: and MC if Ohio state was in the sex west they would have to beat Bana, LSU, ole miss, A&M, Arkansas, miss st and 2 east teams then play Georgia in the championship. They could win any of those for sure but they don't win all the toss up games and there would be 4-5 toss ups. No one wins all those. There's not a dominant team in football this year. Last year there wasn't a dominant team. In 2013 Florida state was dominant. Previous years you had a miracle worker cam newton and 9 point a game allowing LSU and Bama. This year there are about 10 pretty even top teams but no dominant ones. That's why you won't have an undefeated in any conference besides Ohio state.

• Forum MVP

Michigan state barely beats one of THE worst teams in college. Bye bye number 2.

On another note. Is there any place it's NOT raining?? They just said they are expecting 3-5" in Athena DURING the Bama Georhia game.

Bama will win in the slop. I predicted Georgia will win but they are a passing team and this is not passing weather. Messiest game ever possibly upcoming and that field will have zero green at the end.

• Forum MVP

I will stand by statement. .. SEC way overrated

Big Ten football in October and November is where it is at !!

If Purdue vs Michigan state and Ohio state vs Indiana is your idea of October football then you sir need to get out more. I know it's not Ohio states fault that the big ten is down and they scheduled Va tech who turned out to be bad. But the big ten is not a compelling conference this year to watch. Big 12, PAC 12 and sec have LOADS of great games.

• Forum MVP

Conference play .. no matter the conference is always tough ... same teams coaches systems etc ... and when your the defending national champions having whipped Alabama and Oregon last year while being #1 in the country you are a target

just win baby ...

Living in the past. Again didn't cover and barely beat Indiana. You are not the best team in the country. Baylor would smoke u guys FYI. If rankings didn't start TIL this week you guys would be Prob 10th. There are 15 undefeated teams that have looked as good if not better than you guys and 20 that have looked better than Michigan state. Lucky for you, your schedule is the 3rd worse of any power 5 in the country followed only by other big ten. Alabamas defense was reminiscent of their D in the late 2000s. Brutal hits. Speed for days.

• Forum MVP

Your right October in SEC

San Jose St @ Auburn

Eastern Michigan @ LSU

great football ... SEC is overrated it is down and it is boring !!

Sec had 3 games with 2 top 25 teams today. Are u seriously going there???? OMG u are so far out there. Ignore the sec. Big 12 and PAC 10 are loaded with big games. U guys have 6 games all year that are worth a watch even though I always switch to Ohio state games in the 4th quarter as 20 point underdogs habe the ball with a shot to win or tie. Pac 12 has probably 20 solid games.

• Forum MVP

Crazy day. Bama absolutely destroyed georgia. Completely dominant D. And florida destroyed ole miss. Both games had a score of 38-3 at 1 point. There was some stat that it was the biggest blowout of a top 10 in the SEC in like 10 years and both that lost were top 10. LSU underperformed as well as my lousy Cats. UK just needs 1-2 conference wins for a bowl game. Bama looks like they saban has them in control but winning out for them looks too hard. Ole miss was dominant for 3 weeks and last week their O line showed the injuries sustained in the Bana game and today florida swarmed on ole miss all game.

• Forum MVP

Later in the year is when the cream comes to the top. The teams with depth like Ohio state and Alabama will be as strong or stronger at the end while these other pretenders suffer injuries and fall off. Still have my eye on Oklahoma,I think they will come out of the big 12. Stanford is also slowly working their way back up.

Archived