College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I have been impressed with North Carolina.

The Tar-Holes have put it all together since that loss to SC. That said, they got Miami, Duke, State, VT, remaining. Not murderes row, but UNC has just as much of a chance of losing them all as they do winning them. Still - a very good season so far!

Last ACC title for UNC? 1980.

GO DUKE !!

Holy shit.....what a crazy finish to the Duke/Miami game........gut wrenching way to lose for my Blue Devils, but I have to hand it to Miami.......that shit was crazy......

UNC/Duke is going to be fun next week.......we'll see what this Duke team is really made of......

Well, my hat is off to the Tar Heels.......they kicked Duke's butt......well done.

See you on the hard court in a few months ;)

• Forum MVP

Clemson looked really good one they got the Florida state running back corralled. I thought he was going to run for 250 after that first quarter.

Alabama also looked really good, I had a feeling that they would bottle up Fournette.

Oklahoma St. also looked good, but I think that was more that TCU was overrated. I still think Oklahoma is going to come out of that league.

And tOSU just keeps winning. Really feels like it is going to come down to Alabama v tOSU again this year

• Forum MVP

Bama's loss is starting to look pretty weak. Ole Miss shouldn't be ranked after crazy loss and more importantly, memphis down to navy.

I see Bama jumping to 2 this week. LSU was handled. They probably fall to the 6 to 8 range.

I would have them fall further but TCU down. Florida not impressive.

• Forum MVP

Iowa will get passed by whatever Big 12 team makes a move. I also think Notre Dame will fall back as they play weak opponents the next couple of weeks. This assumes that favorites win which likely won't happen. Out of  Baylor, LSU, Alabama, Stanford and OK St. at least one will lose this weekend.

• Forum MVP

I don't like how they rank the playoff teams. It will lead to a situation like last year where a team in the playoff will get dropped in the final ranking. They should rank based upon if you win out this is where we will likely put you. Oklahoma, Baylor or Oklahoma state will make the playoff if any win out. If one of these win out, then I think even if Iowa runs the table and beats Ohio state they don't get in. Notre Dane has Stanford at the end and if they win that they likely get in if Ohio state loses or no one wins out in the big12. Iowa plays a total of 3 top 40 teams in the regular season. That's pretty much the weakest schedule of any of the top 30 teams. Only North Carolina has a weaker one. Beating northwestern 10-6 is not enough of a signature win to gain entry. Compare to Alabama having 9 top 40 teams on their schedule which is ranked 2nd toughest. I think Oklahoma comes out on top and wins out. They are the only big 12 with offense and defense. Alabama has a brutal game this week as miss state is surging and dak prescott is playing the best football of his career. Bama has the best D in the nation by far as that whole D is going pro and their offense is good enough as long as they don't commit turnovers. 5 TO's cost them a possible undefeated season. I predict Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma and Ohio state as the playoff in that order giving us a Bama Ohio state rematch. Iowa has had a solid season considering the lack of talent on that team but they have played no one near the talent of Ohio state this year. They get a good bowl, but they literally have the talent level of a UK or Indiana. They would be 10-15 point underdogs against any of the above playoff picks.

• Forum MVP

If Ohio St. wins out they will be either the 1 or 2 seed. I also think that if Iowa wins out, they will get in as a 4 seed probably knocking out a 1 loss Big 12 team.

The committee has to do the rankings the way they do so they can adjust teams as more information comes in, you can't list a top 4 and say if they win out they are in. Baylor will surely pass Notre Dame if they beat Oklahoma this week. I still think it will become clear in the next few weeks as teams are eliminated. It would be very difficult at this point for any of the teams to suffer a loss and still get back into it.

• Forum MVP

You are right. You can't lose now and get in unless everyone else loses. LSU lost too late in the year. If they stay 1 loss, how can anyone think they achieved less than Iowa playing the sec west which no team is ranked under 43rd. Iowa plays a total of 3 teams in the top 40 all year and their side of the division was ripe for a team to run the table especially since they didn't play any of the big 3. Lucky conference scheduling. Note that the conference schedules the opposite division games so the fact that they avoided all 3 was very lucky. Florida unluckily got LSU in the draw for the west as the east is fairly weak with only 3 good teams. And yes Tennessee is a top team. They have lost all games by a total of 17 and came close to beating Florida, Oklahoma and Bama. No one who's just an average team wants that bowl game with Tennessee. They are really young and the 4th quarter reflected that.

• Forum MVP

So Baylor, Stanford, Utah and LSU all go down this weekend. Baylor is still alive if they win out but the others are toast. Oklahoma, north Carolina and even Houston are still alive. I think Notre Dame will lose at Stanford and you will have Alabama, Clemson, Big Ten and Big twelve champ when the dust settles. The way it is going, I think tOSU could lose one of the next two and still get in as long add they win the big ten title.

• Forum MVP

Bama doesn't look as a strong either. Where are the big wins and high ranked losses. The can only play their schedule but rest of conference hasn't delivered.

You obviously u haven't watched the last 2 weeks. Alabama is the most dominant team in the NCAA and they have the toughest schedule by far. Miss St was dominating teams and Bama sacked the 5th rated QB who will likely go 1st round, 9x. Bama has the most dominant D in college since their 2012 D that saw 3 1st round and a 2nd round in the 2012 draft alone from that D. Bama only rushes 4 and leads in sacks. They put 7 back in coverage and there's nothing you can do when the front 4 can do that kind of damage. And btw Arkansas is tough. They have won 5/6 and the only loss in that stretch was Bama. In pretty much every rating the SEC has 10 top 40 teams. There's no reprise in the sec west which is easily the best division in football. The east has 3 scrubs in Ky, vandy and South Carolina. The west has none.

Bama has 9 games in the top 40 ranked teams. Who would you like to compare that to? Ohio state with 0 ranked games so far? Iowa's schedule with a northwestern signature win? Northwestern is not that good. They don't even have a top 100 offense.

• Forum MVP

Alabama is very good, but don't tell me how good Mississippi state is, they have not beaten anybody. They were way over ranked. There is not a lot of difference between the big ten and SEC this year. The big ten west and SEC east are about the same. The big ten east and SEC west are about the same at the top, but the bottom SEC west teams are better. Alabama's defense had not had to face a team with a good rushing and passing attack yet, we shall see. I don't think Ohio St. will lose, but if Notre Dame loses to Stanford they could lose a game and still go to the playoff as long as they win the big ten championship.

• Forum MVP

The fact is iowa is nowhere near as good as the best PAC10 or sec teams is but they are undefeated.

Ohio state, mich St and Michigan are on par with Florida, Georgia and Tennessee and the rest of both those divisions suck. The sec west has all 7 teams in the top 40 which means you have to play your best for 6 games or you lose. Iowa has had 2 potential games to lose and none the rest of the season. They are rated 29 by the ESPN FPI and 12 by the Massey rating which is pretty much on par with the polls but adds a computer aspect.

• Forum MVP

All I was pointing out is that Bama has no wins over still highly rated opponents.  They've beat some teams when they were highly rated but those teams all proved suspect.  The team they lost too proved suspect.  I got Bama in my top 4 if they win out and win the SEC don't worry.  I also know all of the SEC teams are great so Arkansas over LSU not really an upset.  ha

• Forum MVP

Pretty good schedule. The teams that really play a schedule are the Pac 12. USC will play Alabama and Notre Dame plus 9 league games? Wow? That is definitely a more difficult schedule than any SEC team. I have respect for any school that plays at least one major out of conference game each year home and home. Why won't Alabama play an out of conference road game?

• Forum MVP

Pretty good schedule. The teams that really play a schedule are the Pac 12. USC will play Alabama and Notre Dame plus 9 league games? Wow? That is definitely a more difficult schedule than any SEC team. I have respect for any school that plays at least one major out of conference game each year home and home. Why won't Alabama play an out of conference road game?

Is that why they won't play a road game a serious question? They are playing at cowboys stadium for 200 bucks a ticket. That's a road game. Only a few teams could pull that game off. Plus no ones doing home and away anymore so they do neutral sites like lambeau etc since the big games are no longer 2 game contracts.

• Forum MVP

All I was pointing out is that Bama has no wins over still highly rated opponents. They've beat some teams when they were highly rated but those teams all proved suspect. The team they lost too proved suspect. I got Bama in my top 4 if they win out and win the SEC don't worry. I also know all of the SEC teams are great so Arkansas over LSU not really an upset. ha

The teams have only proved suspect vs other top sec teams.talent prevails in the long term and no one has the talent of the sec. Last year for the 9th straight year the sec had the most draft picks and 8 of top 20 recruiting classes. Biased comments say talent doesn't matter but that's silly. Iowa averages 2 drafted a year over last 10 years. The coach obviously did a great coaching job but they don't stand up to 7 teams in the sec west that all have more talent and 5/7 would currently be favored over Iowa. Ohio state will be around 10 point favs when they meet b/c they aren't that good.

• Forum MVP

Alabama playing USC in Texas is not a road game. Ohio St. plays a home and home every year against another top program, they have Oklahoma and Notre Dame both coming up. Everyone is not playing neutral site games, seems to be an SEC thing.

I was just trying to point out that the PAC 12 teams play the toughest schedules, which you can't possibly argue. If you want to say high draft picks/talent should dictate who is at the top, you might as well crown Ohio State now because they clearly have the most.

Archived