College Football 2015

bs69

• Forum MVP

So I'm gonna make the case for Baylor over Ohio state if it came to those 2. Here's baylors and Ohio states schedule and results. I'm using Massey ratings which have the big ten rated extremely high with all 3 in the top 8. Baylor clobbered the weak teams. Ohio state only played 1 top 40 team and lost. Baylor only played a few but look at the scoring difference. Of course this makes Baylor number 2 in the FPI but Ohio state is still 4th in the FPI.

image.png

how to capture screen

image.png

upload pictures online

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Yes. I advocate for Oklahoma and the committee likes them too. They play a top 10 to finish the year and if they win they have to be locked in. I'm not a fan of a 1 loss big 10 in. All the undefeated or 1 loss teams there had the weakest schedules in the nation. When you have played only 1 top 40 and lost it, you don't deserve a shot. Next year Ohio state goes legit and actually plays a good non con in Oklahoma, but with their schedule they don't deserve it with a loss. Baylor would be much more deserving if you compare the 2.

• Forum MVP

I certainly hope you are correct. You realize that if Michigan had not screwed up that punt, the Ohio state v Michigan game would be for the east title. That is what makes it so great, every game counts so much. If you have a 16 team playoff, it doesn't matter, they are all in anyway

• Forum MVP

I certainly hope you are correct. You realize that if Michigan had not screwed up that punt, the Ohio state v Michigan game would be for the east title. That is what makes it so great, every game counts so much. If you have a 16 team playoff, it doesn't matter, they are all in anyway

But that's the problem. People are having to argue who's the better 1 loss team instead of playing for it. 16 team means the 1 loss teams are all in. If Iowa loses then you get Baylor, mich st, Notre dame all saying we deserve it. It's a mess and becomes political. Bamas the best team in football this year and their brutal schedule almost kept them out of it. If not for winning 6 straight vs top 30 teams they aren't in it. And still they have to play auburn then Florida. Losses don't mean you aren't the best team. If it did there would never be a good college hoops team.

• Forum MVP

Oklahoma can't be in over a one loss big ten or ND. They will but if you lose to non bowl eligible Texas, you not a playoff team. If their saying, well the teams are different and we are just picking the strongest teams then why take into account the results of any of the 1st 5 or 6 games. Barring Texas winning both of their final games. Making it to a bowl game and a big win over Baylor. I just can't put Oklahoma in. ND lost by 2 on the road to number 1. Ohio st lost to a top 10. I personally believe home field worth 2 points. ND wins that game in their building and Im dying to see what happens on a neutral field. So Ole Miss beat Bama. Bama top 2 or 3 by anyone estimation. If we change the rational from who's playing best to who we think is the capable of playing the best Ole Miss is in. This is flawed thinking. So is the who is playing the best. The only things that should matter is on the field performance. Bad losses matter. The perception of conference or that the played well last week should mean nothing. Don't be a prisoner of hype and the moment.

• Forum MVP

That was crazy weather. 2 passing teams become scrubs in the rain. I've never seen a collapse like baylors in that game. 5 TOs. 20% passing completions. Every other ball slipping out. Was a horrible game to watch lol.

• Forum MVP

The first domino falls, Baylor goes down at TCU. Funny how those high flying big 12 teams look a lot like big ten teams when the weather gets nasty

The big tens weather has been no different than anyone else's this year. Most games are played b4 any chance of snow or really cold weather. But that was an actual monsoon. I thought I heard the announcers say that Baylor chose the dry ball over the wet ball as you can throw bombs a lot better with the dry ball. Baylors offense is pretty much 1 track. Throw 50yd bombs against guys that wouldn't start in many high schools secondaries. Note Baylor had a wide receiver playing QB and Boykin was back for TCU. That QB looked like a wide receiver too. Absolutely horrible performance. In NFL it would be a negative QB rating. 7/24 for 62 yards and an int plus several more would hVe been picked off if anyone could actually catch a ball in that rain.

I'm looking forward to Iowa being in a playoff. I think they beat Michigan state if they can sneak by Penn St which is a definite if. Iowa looks like a solid team. They don't make many mistakes. Decent tackling team for their talent. Offense seems to be efficient too. Give them the 3 and Bama the 2 spot. If I was doing the rankings by who I thought was the actual best of the 4 current top 4 I go Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson, Iowa. Bama and okl are prob the 2 you don't want to play. Don't want to see them face each other in game 1. If I'm a Bama fan I'd rather be the 4 slot if Oklahoma is a 3. Oklahoma will be favored over anyone but Bama and they may start out a 1-2pt fav in opening line.

• Forum MVP

And Baylor. I think Stanford is still alive with a lot of chaos. Down to 8 teams still alive. Stanford and Ohio state will be big North Carolina and Florida fans this week. I think North Carolina is more likely to knock off Clemson, Florida is terrible. If Michigan state knocks off Iowa and Clemson and Alabama both win, I think Clemson is the top seed followed by Oklahoma, Michigan state and Alabama.

• Forum MVP

I guess your right the committee will still be in a rough spot in Florida wins against bama. Then Ohio st or stanford. I go Ohio st get in. Just don't see any 2 loss teams crashing this playoff party. I also think north Carolina and Florida have little chance at the upset. The teams look set.

• Forum MVP

Ohio state is definitely one of the best 4 teams. But only playing 2 all year in the top 40 and losing half those doesn't get you a slot. I don't think Bama will lose to Florida though. Clemson is no shoe in by any means against Carolina. They barely beat the worst team in the SEC. Mich state or Iowa is a lock. What do you do if Clemson loses? Give it to Ohio state who would definitely be a 2 loss team if they played any decent team early in the year?? Let's just hope that Bama and Clemson win to avoid making a mockery of the playoff. Bama is set to play their 10th team in the top 40 this year. Holy shit that's rough. If Clemson loses do you put in a Carolina team with a horrible loss who played as bad a schedule as Ohio state? 2 big ten teams? should teams be rewarded for weak schedules? As you know I'm not a fan of the playoff. I love march madness b/c everything gets answered. Ohio state may get no chance to repeat b/c they lost 1 game. Bama who is playing completely dominantly lately(of their 9 wins vs top 40 they only won by less than 13 points once. That's pretty amazing) could lose if Florida can score on D. Note Florida has so many defensive injuries they are nothing like they were a month ago so this likely won't happen.

• Forum MVP

So here's how my playoff rankings look.

Alabama(they are by far the most dominant team in the field at this point. Besides that insane tipped ball they shut down auburn like everyone else in the last month with the best defense in college since their 2012 team)

Oklahoma(when baker mayfield is on this is an insanely scary team. It will be a travesty if they have to play Bama 1st game as Oklahoma is the number 1 FPI team and can beat teams by 30 without blinking an eye). Hands down Bama and Oklahoma are the 2 most dangerous teams here.

Clemson(undefeated with a few good wins but the South Carolina game won't do them any favors. That team could do nothing lately and put 30 on clemsons supposedly great defense)

Iowa/mich St the computers hate both of these teams as you saw from Ohio state being favored by 14 and Iowa only being 2 point favs over Nebraska. Note they both covered those easily and Mich state crushed a lowly penn state this week. it seemed like Iowa played as good as they could and Michigan state dominated. Mich state has a much larger upside than Iowa. I don't see Iowa winning this one but Michigan state has played bad many times so who knows here.

Unfortunstely we likely will never see a 16 team playoff but there are many teams who I think could win it all that won't be in the playoff: Baylor, Ohio state, ole miss

• Forum MVP

I think 16 team playoff devalues the regular season. Stanford and Notre Dame both had good season and I would love an 8 team playoff where the winner of their game was probably going to make the playoffs but I don't want a regular season where both teams know they already making the playoffs. Iowa Michigan st wouldnt have same value. Ohio st vs Michigan st. Alabama vs florida. 16 teams is way too much. It crushes the value of the regular season.

• Forum MVP

I totally agree even though my buckeyes will likely get left out with one loss on a last second field goal.

I am curious about this insanely tough Alabama schedule? I think they will drop behind Oklahoma because of how weak it is down the stretch finishing with Charleston southern, auburn and Florida. Those are three bad teams. If they have 10 opponents in the top 40, there is something wrong with the ranking system. I definitely agree they are in the top 4, but their offense is a little shaky and I would be worried about their running back being overused and running out of gas

• Forum MVP

Lmao at auburn and Florida as bad team. Florida lost their QB but both are top 40. Look at how many top 40 Ohio state played all year. Look at Iowas finishing schedule. No top 50 teams last 3. Alabama doesn't get to play purdues, marylands, Rutgers or any of the 6 big ten teams ranked 80th or below. Bama will play the 9 hardest SEC teams this year plus the 5th ranked big ten in Wisconsin. Bama got no Ky, South Carolina, Missouri or vandy who are the bottom dwellers. They got 0 easy conference games. Who else in the country got no conference teams with a losing record???? 0 conference games vs teams with a losing record.

Archived