College Football 2015

bs69

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Pac12 does not play the toughest schedules. Every single rating out there has Alabamas schedule as top 5 in the nation this year and the Massey rating has it number 1 and it's the most respected SOS program out there. It's about consistent dominance tear after year. Last year everyone loved that the SEC was only 5-5 in bowls. That's a down year lol.

You guys can continue to argue about sec sucks even though every year for the last 9 years they have had the most drafted in the NFL by a long shot. Scrub players make scrub schools. Ohio state gets good players and that's why they have been consistently good over the years. Teams like Iowa can have a good year when their scrubs play good together as a team but 17 drafted over 10 years is horrible. They lack talent. Alabama and LSU combine for 17 drafted a year. This Alabama team will have 30 drafted. Just this team will have 30 go pro. They dominate recruiting year in and year out and this year they have by far the best defense in college and have become completely dominant as of late. I love the arguments that LSU is no longer any good b/c the best team in football and the hottest team in football just beat them.

• Forum MVP

I have never said the SEC sucks, it's just difficult to gauge how good they are at this point in the season because of their schedules. A team like Miss St. has 4 cupcakes and played Kentucky and Missouri from the east, hard to tell if they are any good or not. Here are the out of Conference schedules for Alabama, Stanford and Ohio St. for this year and next:

Alabama                                                          Stanford                            Ohio St.

Wisconsin (neutral)                                  Northwestern (away)              Va. Tech (away)

Middle Tenn St. (home)                           Central Florida (home)           Hawaii (home) 

Louisiana Monroe (home)                        Notre Dame (home)               Northern Illinois (home)

Charleston Southern (home)                                                                  Western Michigan (home)

USC (neutral)                                            Kansas St. (away)                Bowling Green (home) 

Western Ky. (home)                                  Notre Dame (away)              Tulsa (home)

Kent St. (home)                                         Rice (home)                          Oklahoma (away)

Chattanooga (home)

Alabama's schedule gets a high ranking because the SEC teams they play get a high ranking, but it is hard to know how good those teams really are. To my eyes Alabama and Ohio St. are the two best teams with Clemson and Oklahoma rounding out the top four, but that does not mean they will make it. All it takes is one bad outing and you could be out. Alabama and Oklahoma have had theirs and have no margin for error, Clemson and Ohio St. could possibly still lose a game and make the final four. The discussions and arguments are what make it so fun, this season wouldn't be half the fun it is without you on here Rude

• Forum MVP

I'm confused by how this works really. Do we want the 4 best teams or the 4 teams that have performed the best. Do we go with eye test or the resume? According to rude, if we go with the most talented teams, you probably got 3 sec teams abs Ohio st. That's not what resumes say.

• Forum MVP

Not at all MC. I only think Bama deserves to be in the playoffs from the SEC. I don't think Iowa deserves it based on their performance. Notice Ohio state is starting to destroy the scrubs. Iowa barely beats the scrubs. If you only play scrubs u have to soundly beat them like Baylor was doing. Ohio state is number 4 in the ESPN power index. Iowa is 21st. Florida is number 8 in the rankings and power index. They don't deserve a spot. My only point was if you are in the west unfortunately you will beat up on each other and rankings are only based on win loss. When you only have 3-4 bad teams in a conference of 14, it's like NFL type competition. Look at how northwestern is 12 point underdogs to Wisconsin. Why is that? Because they are the 61st best team in the country. Power ratings are a much truer predictor of strength but of course you also have to win as well. In college hoops there isn't the same madness. Could you imagine if you had to prove you were top 4 in hoops to contend for a championship?? It would be just like this. Instead you play for it vs campaigning for it. Shouldn't a good 2 Loss team have a shot like you do in hoops. The system is flawed and you get rewarded for a weak schedule. Ohio state has won convincingly but they have not played a ranked team. This gives them a huge advantage. They only have to beat Michigan. Michigan state will get smoked as they are not good. Ohio state will be 13 point favs over Iowa when they would be a pickem with Notre dame. So should the team who's really the 20th best in Iowa get in above Notre dame?? My whole point is the system is broken and needs to be dealt with and a 16 team playoff starting right after the last week of the season will fix that. 35 days b/t games also makes a mess of these games. Imagine if march madness started a month later. There would be all sorts of top teams losing early.

• Forum MVP

I don't agree on the playoff, keep it at 4. I don't want to see teams with three or four losses with a chance to win. The basketball tourney is too diluted already, rarely does the best team in country win. The champ should be the best team, 4 is enough to determine that. Think of all the great college basketball teams that didn't win. North Carolina didn't even make the final four with a starting lineup of Jordan, Perkins, Matt Daugherty, Brad Daugherty and Kenny Smith, crazy. Give me the best 4, it should sort itself out.

• Forum MVP

16 too much. 8 works better in my opinion. It does allow for the 2 loss conference Champs to get a shot. Also makes sure a team like ND doesn't get left out this year or an undefeated non power 5 conference.

Agreed.....8 is the perfect number.

• Forum MVP

I don't agree on the playoff, keep it at 4. I don't want to see teams with three or four losses with a chance to win. The basketball tourney is too diluted already, rarely does the best team in country win. The champ should be the best team, 4 is enough to determine that. Think of all the great college basketball teams that didn't win. North Carolina didn't even make the final four with a starting lineup of Jordan, Perkins, Matt Daugherty, Brad Daugherty and Kenny Smith, crazy. Give me the best 4, it should sort itself out.

Yeah, but don't you enjoy the magic and wonder of Cinderella making her presence known come March?

Think George Mason & Butler......I love the tourney at 64.......but they've already begun fucking it up by making it bigger........if it goes to 96 it will dilute way too much.

• Forum MVP

I think these late cupcakes in the SEC schedule hurts them more than helps, may cause them to lose their edge. The max the playoff should go to is 8, but I prefer 4. Any team can drop a game on a bad night, but I don't think 2 loss teams should be playing for the title. If there are only 3 conference champs with 1 or 0 losses, then maybe that is the year to allow a group of 5 a shot. If you do go to 8, you would have to make the first round home games for the higher seeds. There is no way you are going to get people to travel 3 straight weeks. The semifinals are difficult enough already.

• Forum MVP

Who is Bama playing this weekend? They drop in my playoff standings even if they win by 60. Why are we playing jokes this late in year? SEC toughest schedules? Saban defending this game is a joke.

Sec started conference play early and put these in to get rest. Regardless Bama has the best schedule in the country.

• Forum MVP

If only UNC hadn't gotten licked by Chris's Cocks, imagine the scenario today. Heels are playing as good if not better than the top 4 right now. Oh well.

I think I should edit that 1st sentence

• Forum MVP

Sounds like the excuse mill. I know SEC fans would be outraged if Ohio St. or Michigan St. slipped in these type of games this late in the year. They would hold Iowa out of the playoffs for it.

Lol. Ohio state has played the scrubs all year. And Iowa didn't play 1 good out of conference. Bama whooped Wisconsin in theirs. Bama has the hardest schedule in football. Starting to sound like Fox News regarding Obama. Look. He's eating dinner when he should be bombing terrorists. Probably a secret Muslim meal. Where's the pork. I knew it.

• Forum MVP

Hopefully someday all teams that hope to play in the playoff will not schedule these non division 1 games.  They are merely scrimmages and look bad.  Wisconsin is not juggernaut.  Ohio St played Va Tech.  Its not like they scheduled Michigan St. I was simply speaking about this weeks game and Bama schedule doesn't look that grueling with all the losses popping up on their opponents lately.  

• Forum MVP

Pac 12 plays 9 conference games.  SEC only plays 8.  It makes scheduling this time of the year hard as most teams are deep in competitive conference play and the SEC has to play whomever is willing to travel to their stadiums.  They certainly don't want to play a decent team on the road this late in the year.  Thus, they take the easy way out.  Most certainly traveling on the low road.  It should effect the way the nation views these teams but clearly a good team is still a good team.  I'm just confused as to why Saban went on that rant.  I would be doing whatever I could not to draw attention to this joke of a game.  He's made this game ESPN fodder as we laugh at the notion of Charleston Southern running through Alabama best defense in the nation like shit through a tin horn.   If he really believes we are dumb enough to believe Charleston Southern has a chance in this game, he must think America is dumber than I do.  Just shut up and take your easy W.

Ohio St finishing with a serious schedule.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma St too

I hope the pollsters rewards these teams if they pull off the wins.  If the backloaded gauntlet proves too much, ND should slide its way into the playoffs.

• Forum MVP

Dude. Stop the bias!!!!! Everyone plays scrubs. The sec started conference 1st week for some teams b/c the sec is so rough on injuries. The spread the scrubs out. That's also why many teams stayed undefeated and the sec started losing games to each other. Are u seriously wanting to compare Alabamas number 1 strength of schedule to the big ten who back loaded?????? I know you hate the SEC. So many hate uk basketball the same way. But to act like the sec has weak schedules is silly.

• Forum MVP

Have you looked at how Alabama has destroyed teams with injuries this year. That D has injured more offensive players than any team. They decimated ole miss' o line. Only 1 of their starting 4 avoided injury that game. It destroyed ole miss going on. They beat up LSU horribly as well. Look at teams play after playing Bama. That's why they break it up. And not sure if you don't believe Bama has the best D in the nation but if you have watched the he games it's evil.

• Forum MVP

When the SEC was playing big games and the big 10 and big 12 were not in october you pointed it out about those leagues. Why shouldn't we point it out about your league? Seems you have the bias. I'm just talking fairly about each league. Bama wins out they go to the playoff. Their spot isn't in jeapordy nor should it be. Can't believe you, like Saban, waste energy defending thus glorified scrimmage.

Archived