College Football 2015

bs69

• Forum MVP

Road games in the SEC are brutal. I won't touch an away game unless getting points in the west. Not sure about Tennessee's recovery yet. They had that long lightning delay and I didn't get to see the whole game. The lightning also delayed the Panic concert since the Tennessee game was at titans stadium. They wouldn't let us enter the ampitheater until 6:50 ad Showtime was to be at 7. We only got a 50 minute set 1 and all the orange frat boys chose to miss the end of the vols game to see panic unfortunately. We thought we might get some good luck and they would all miss set 1. Unfortunately those gross school colors invaded :/. I'll give my lock of the week as we get closer to game time.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Week 2 lock. I hate large point spreads like this but Ole miss will cover the 29 points at home vs Fresno state. Call your bookies!!! My only worry is with the all the crime in Fresno that the team with be all pumped up on meth running around like crazed madmen on D and with fresnos huge unemployment they players won't have jobs to distract them from football. But ole miss showed they can put up big numbers on offense and even a methed up Fresno team won't be able to slow them in oxford. Ole miss 48-10.

• Forum MVP

When point spreads get to big, it's better to look at the over/under. The team I have my eye on out west is UCLA. If that Freshman keeps it going, they are going to be really good.

Early hype of mccown may push the spread too high too early. Beware of the bandwagon.

• Forum MVP

Texas is bad ..real bad .. Charlie Strong did not realize the spotlight on one of the top 10 programs in college football history is bright bright and bright ...he won't survive past next year

... Notre Dame is decent ... but to say they got a coach who knows how to use talent is laughable ... the guy other than one year is average at best in his other 4 years ... he is Mr. 5 loss a year coach

• Forum MVP

I disagree on staying away from high point spreads ... I have won many a bet on teams that were -45 to -55 range ...

but we all have our own way and our hard earned money to wager so no way is the right or wrong way ..

I make a few sometimes just one play a week ... ie last week Ohio State ..

this week I am making 2 plays ... Ohio State and the 2nd a 3 team parley of the 3 teams I listed earlier in thread ..

• Forum MVP

I disagree on staying away from high point spreads ... I have won many a bet on teams that were -45 to -55 range ...

but we all have our own way and our hard earned money to wager so no way is the right or wrong way ..

I make a few sometimes just one play a week ... ie last week Ohio State ..

this week I am making 2 plays ... Ohio State and the 2nd a 3 team parley of the 3 teams I listed earlier in thread ..

Back in college we racked up betting Florida every week with weurffel as QB. They covered big spreads most week. Unfortunately we bet too many games a week and I got in a little bit of debt and the parents had to bail me out. And mccown and Rosen are both Josh's and I'm continually calling Rosen mccown.

• Forum MVP

Why don't we do a football spread contest for fun. Every week we pick any 3 collehe division 1 games and tally up our record at the end of the year. No prize. Just a little fun. I'll start a thread.

• Forum MVP

U seriously still on that. Overrated compared to which conference? PAC 12 who was 7-5 1st week? Auburn yes didn't look good. JST looked good actually. They swarmed on D and I was rooting for them. But to say the sec is overrated based on auburn is silly. Only 1 sec team has lost a non conference game so far. They were 12-1 1st week. Ole miss is a scary team to play. That hurry up is hard to stay with.

• Forum MVP

I said it to get under your skin.  It clearly had its effect.  I was impressed with Ole Miss.  Auburn doesn't deserve to ranked 6.  I don't think the polls will still show that.  JST isn't that good.  Auburn just isn't either.  

• Forum MVP

And by the way overrated to the SEC conference. I'm only comparing them to a class they set 5 years ago when the SEC champ was champ. Big 10 looked good today. ND took a blow even in the win. I feel more parity in the NCAA. I like it. Also feel like the best team(s) may not be in the SEC this year. Ole Miss looks good. See if that holds next week.

Archived